3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Romik008 23.04.22 12:49 am

\"To the death\" (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I started to pass the second time on the last difficulty (the first one passed on high). Just released in Velen, does anyone have any advice on tactics on how to play the game on this difficulty (otherwise I ran for about an hour, only closed a couple of question marks, very often I see a loading screen as soon as I run into a crowd of opponents for a couple of levels higher).
20 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vladislav Igorevich 23.04.22

Romik008 Dodge
more often, forget about aard and axii completely, try to use quen all the time in battle (so that you always have a shield on you). Do not attack packs of wolves (more than 5) until you level normally.

With golems, bears, and the like, the tactic is simple but lengthy. Ran up, 2-3 hits, ran away.

Enemies like: nakkers, drowners, wolves - use the quen, then put the irden, you stand on one side of the irden, and they are on the other. When you enter the irden - try to tear their priests.

In general, do not sell food to hucksters, eat it yourself. Restore HP after each fight.

S
SeIfish 23.04.22

Romik008
Play through quen and igni with monsters, with people through aard, with bosses through igni and quen, collect a set of griffins and everything will be fine, and of course fulfill all orders

S
SeregaTyl 23.04.22

Do not re-pass ... forget it for the next half a year. Do not waste your time. Then say thank you. Expect a surprise from the developers.

B
Bupycop 23.04.22

Vladislav Igorevich,
how are you going to kill alguleys without axia? Like a fire golem without an aard? Drowners and wolves burn with a bang from igni, and this is in the warrior build, not to mention the mage build, in which all these skills are necessary! Yes, and on a golem or a bear, you can’t make 3 hits in a row.

V

Bupycop
how are you going to kill alguley without axia?
Yes, when the alguls take down half the HP with one blow - of course stop and put axii on them, don't care that they DO NOT MEET one at a time, keep at a long distance and jump sharply at you. Of course, there is and is not time for axes, of course, none of them will jump on you.

Like a fire golem without an aard?
Well, I don’t know how stupid you have to be not to understand that you need to use aard against a fire elemental. I've given general advice for STARTING THE GAME WITH A UNLEVELLED CHARACTER. And this is understandable even on an intuitive level, you don’t even need to look at the bestiary. It's like I would say: "Use corpse-eater oil against ghouls!". It's obvious

Drowners and wolves are burning with a bang from igni
They don’t seem to burn without a pumped skill, at the initial level they don’t care, they just perceive it as damage, but I’m not sure, I pumped this skill a long time ago. So, more to the point - do not forget that they surround you and using igniter on ALL THEM can be extremely difficult. You can hit 1-2 monsters, and the rest will attack and can easily kill. Therefore, it is better to use the quen, dodge them, go to the last one and quickly push it

. Yes, and on a golem or a bear, you can’t make 3 hits in a row.
Can't you make 3 hits on a golem and a bear? Roll back from him, rolls behind his back, roll forward and you are already behind your back, and then Ran up, 2-3 hits, ran away

B
Bupycop 23.04.22

Vladislav Igorevich
Well, yes, but to inflict 1 hit on the alghoul, get a reflex from its spikes, while losing a quen on yourself, and at that time others are jumping on you, is that better? It is enough to dodge 1 time, and the second time in axes and you can kill. It’s okay with the golem, While drowners and wolves are burning 1-3, this already makes the task easier, since the damage was inflicted and neutralized for a while, and others can be chopped while the rest are burning, it’s still better than dodging 5 wolves, to besides, they have a tactic to bypass from all sides, so they don’t always succeed, because they jump at a decent distance, and along the trajectory it comes out from all sides, it’s also difficult to run away from them. Bear / golem 2-3 hits and he will hit you from a 180-degree turn, at least for a golem, a bear, in principle, too, for me it’s easier to move a couple of meters away and hit with a strong blow,

V

Bupycop
I agree with the algul, with the golem and the bear - you can write a lot, I fell for it, you can say that they decided this too.

Drowners, nakkers, wolves... I already wrote tactics for them: use the quen, then put the irden, you stand on one side of the irden, and they on the other. When you enter the irden - try to tear their priests.

And about While drowners and wolves are burning 1-3, then this already makes the task easier - bullshit. There are many of them, but they are not next to each other. Usually you only hit one, sometimes two, 3? Rarely! They stand at a distance from each other, and not close. It's easier to set up the way I wrote in the second paragraph, they run right at you and just everyone will enter the irden

B
Bupycop 23.04.22

Vladislav Igorevich
is exactly the same with the irden, they will not attack him, besides, the maximum that this will give is to gain time. In short, okay, I won’t argue further, everyone has their own tactics and as far as I understand, we found out that both can and know how to deal with enemies)

M
Marlock4441 23.04.22

Romik008
set max difficulty and asks for advice on tactics?! When you wake up in the morning, do you also ask for advice on tactics for the whole day?

R
Romik008 23.04.22

Sanya Gladyshev
I have a difficulty in my life: normal. So far I'm dealing with this myself. As a hard turn on, I will definitely write to you !!

R
Romik008 23.04.22

By the way, another question is, what talents are better to download, what should you focus on?

F
Flow4Master 23.04.22

By the way, who knows, the slowdown of a magic trap (the first level of irden) doubles if you put two traps in one place? Visually, elementals in this situation become very slow.

k
knyazz-witcher 23.04.22

Tell me how this level differs from the level of "pain and suffering"????

G
GventPlayer 23.04.22

knyazz-witcher
damage you more

G
GventPlayer 23.04.22

Flow4Master
no

G
GventPlayer 23.04.22

Romik008
First of all, run 5 out of 8 places of power. 3 places are -
1) closed by Keira's quest "to the touch"
2) next to Volkolak (you can go to him at level 4 but not necessary)
3) closed by the quest "Bald Mountain"
If you want to swing to level 11-13 without problems, download signs. After 11-13, you can already go any way, because you can already run around all places of power in Skellige and, in principle, 20 points additional from places of power + 10-12 for levels will be enough for you to retrain the Persian in any direction of development.

k
kukulkan9 23.04.22

I would advise you to play on the difficulty "plot and fights". I say after I passed on death. alas, you can’t make dark souls out of the witcher. for max difficulty development, in general, only one thing suggests itself - a witcher's set, pumping into swords, igni and quen. and on the norms of complexity you can work out, experiment, there is more pleasure. For the whole game on death, a fight like dark souls, with the feeling that it’s really a witcher, turned out to be only one - archgryphon, quest lvl 35, went to him at lvl 21, only power blows with a sword and oil were pumped in. and all the other fights are crap, either the opponents knock you down with two blows, or you knock them out with two, or the tactics of blow, blow - rollback rollback, repeat until victorious. The game is not designed for hardcore combat (

G
GventPlayer 23.04.22

xs I'm experimenting on the difficulty "for death" only in this way.
about "only the witcher's set" - this is also a button accordion. cat, griffin and bear perks can be used with any equipment. the main thing is to dress only in light, only in medium or only in heavy armor in order to get all the bonuses.
there are a lot of options for swinging. you just need to turn on the fantasy and not go in cycles. For example, you can make Geralt a bomberman. You can be an alchemist with 20,000 health, you can be a magician who kills all axii. or you can be a fighter who kills monsters 10-15 levels higher.
I personally feel comfortable playing on "death" difficulty, and if, for example, I switch to difficulty 2, in general, all courage will disappear

M
Mercurionio 23.04.22

GventPlayer
I agree. There is a challenge on difficulty 4, especially at the beginning. Although there is no God Mode =
Well, until you swing the branches all the way to the stop and you don’t apnesh the clothes.

k
knyazz-witcher 23.04.22

Playing as Ciri on "death" difficulty is something that's adrenaline. Why don't enemies block Geralt's attacks like that? Great with monsters, but people are 1 tooth (sword strike)