3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
maxzeva 23.04.22 01:01 am

4K display resolution for laptop

Has anyone bought a laptop with this display resolution? What are the advantages over 1080p? Is it worth overpaying money, and indeed the impressions in general?
38 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raykor 23.04.22

A higher resolution of course, in fact, a laptop with a 4k resolution has never bothered anyone, but which model would you like to buy yourself?

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

Yes, I'm not just buying now, but just curiosity. I got the announcement of asus g501, and so 4K, then I remembered about poppies, and now it's stupid. what are these matrices for?

s
saa0891 23.04.22

I do not think that this is true for the diagonals of laptops.

R
Raykor 23.04.22

For games, for professional photographers and designers, for the average user, such a matrix is ​​not needed on a laptop, since films in this resolution are quite difficult to find!

F
Francis I 23.04.22

It's funny, 4K on a phone is already practically the standard for flagship models (well, except for Sony), but for laptops it's superfluous. Why are laptops not developing as rapidly as phones?

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

If my memory serves me right, then 4K for smarts is only in the plans so far, and there the experts are screaming why? And there are already enough laptops, even asus decided to join

R
Raykor 23.04.22

as for me, 4K resolution for smartphones is really a perversion, because just why is it there? On laptops it’s still understandable, since there are already quite a few games in 4K resolution!

M
MunchkiN 616 23.04.22

here it was said that the god's eye cannot cut through pixels smaller than someone there in size.
it is interesting to look at the page of the same Peuge in 4k with laptop sizes. some letters here are just 1 pixl

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

it's time to talk about perfectly smooth fonts and a video on which you can see Tom Cruise's detailed pimple. A 4K display without 4K content is meaningless.

s
saa0891 23.04.22

Raykor

On laptops it's still understandable, since there are already quite a few games in 4K resolution!

And what kind of laptop will normally pull the game in 4K.

R
Raykor 23.04.22

I didn’t talk about normal, I said about pulling) For example, the same ASUS G501 has pretty good performance in 4K resolution for its video card http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards. 13849.0.html

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

For this laptop, it's better http://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-rog-g501-review-the-new-standard-for-next-generation-gaming-laptops/ to read such a review. And games with 4K need a 980m card, and then you have to play at minimum wages and at about 20 fps

R
Raykor 23.04.22

I don’t agree, at high settings with a 980m video you will have 41.4 frames per second, and these are already quite good indicators, but at 960m everything will be approximately the same as you described

S
SeFeRus 23.04.22

Throw off a link to such a laptop where a 4k and 980 video card, and the price is not with a used car ..
alas, now this is a very expensive pleasure.

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

ASUS G501 is promised to be from 72,000 rubles http://www.ferra.ru/ru/notebooks/news/2015/05/18/ASUS-ROG-G501/#.VVswz_ntm7U

A
Allinos 23.04.22

Not cheap, but still do not forget that there are only a few such laptops now. And for our time, this is a very cool thing, so the price is justified. I think there will be buyers.

R
Raykor 23.04.22

Well, as far as I heard, they still seem to want to put a touch screen in this model, but these are rumors for now

m
maxzeva 23.04.22

To be honest, I haven’t even seen a hint of this information anywhere, and in fact, why is there a sensor on it? It's scary to trust a gamer to poke at the screen, push through))

S
SeFeRus 23.04.22

Touch screen, it's not ice. It can, of course, climb the Windows menu and it will be convenient, but not all games support touch displays. So I think it's just a rumor.

A
Alex Coachman 23.04.22

Absolutely pointless. First, there is no diagonal. For 4k, a 40-inch TV is better. Secondly, the power of laptops is insufficient for games at this resolution. I'm on a GTX 970 then I play at 4k maximum at high for an acceptable fps.