3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vasyaholly 10.05.22 11:54 pm

Game won't start (Fallout 76)

Previously, it was easy to play. About 3 months ago I deleted it and reinstalled it today, and after launching it hangs in my processes for 5 seconds, and then, without any errors, it crashes. The only thing that has changed in the PC during this time is that it used to be on the HDD, and a week ago I bought NVMe and installed the game on it. I have already deleted all kinds of Riva Tuner, Msi Afterburner, Avast, checked the integrity of the files, demolished everything from the Documents, nothing helps.

So far, the only thing I have been able to achieve is when I launch the game, and it appears in the Task Manager, and if at the right time I guess and set some priority for the game, the window with the game pops up, but unfortunately nothing happens beyond this window and only through the Dispatcher it turns out to be closed.
30 Comments
Sort by:
v
vasyaholly 14.05.22

HURRAH! There was a solution for which you do not need to reinstall Windows.
1 - Download this archive and extract the "Interception" folder let's say on the "Desktop"
https://github.com/oblitum/interception/releases/tag/v1.0.1
2 - Right click on "This PC>Properties>Advanced system settings >Environment Variables".
3 - Further down, where there is a window "System Variables" click on "Path" then "Change". In the new window, click "Create", then "Browse" and select the "Interception" folder you extracted earlier. Then click "OK" everywhere.
4 - Open "Command Prompt" as "Administrator".
5 - Write there "install-interception.exe"
6 - Write there "install-interception.exe / uninstall" (without quotes) and press the Enter key.
7 - After that, restart your computer.
I did all that and the game is finally working.

D
DablbaD 01.08.22

It looks like a hacker trick or shamanism with tambourines, but it works! Thanks, Vasya!
Only correction - at the moment the folder with the batch file is located in the
Interceptioncommand line installer subdirectory - it should be specified in decision point 3. Then install-interception.exe launched in the Command line with the /install option will be found by the system and executed. I can’t believe that I went to these dances, and that it was not in vain :)

D
Drolsi 08.10.22

Thank you, after performing the following steps (with the correction: the folder with the batch file is located in the Interceptioncommand line installer subdirectory - it should be written in decision point 3), the game was launched.

L
Lemur086 21.10.22

Thank you so much! The above method helped the game run without problems.

F
Fess25 29.10.22

DablbaD

vasyaholly
Thank you man!

v
vasyaholly 17.11.22

DablbaD
I haven't visited this topic for a long time. I wrote this instruction at that moment on emotions and from memory, and at that moment I apparently forgot that I needed to go into another folder in the 3rd paragraph. Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my message in the topic, since a lot of time has passed and the site does not allow me to do this.

I
Impela 20.01.23

vasyaholly
It also stopped running a few months ago, just no reaction, tried all the options, even this option here, still nothing helps, maybe someone had such problems and managed to solve it?

All that gave the solution from above, that now the process in the task manager is visible and does not disappear, but there is no more reaction (

V
Vasiliii2233 20.01.23

Hello, please help!

I
Impela 20.01.23

has no one faced this problem?

l
lp_4ever 20.01.23

It also hangs in the processes and nothing =( Personally, I have an error when install-interception.exe / uninstall.