3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
This Linked 11.05.22 12:14 am

My solution for ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)

I most likely already understand that those who have encountered this problem have already solved it. There is no need to chew what it is, because if you are reviewing this post, then you are already familiar with this nonsense. In this post, I just decided to share ways to solve this crap that I encountered today and I managed to solve it. After all, you, like me, could encounter it at the present time, and to save time there will be this post. Although according to records from the Internet, this problem has existed for several years.

I wrote the points in the order of execution - in ascending order or from the basics to more rare / complex. Yes, some points will be superfluous for everyone personally, because the problem is usually solved by one of them. But I still recommend following all the points to minimize the symptoms. All actions are reversible, because manipulations are performed by regular means.

If you have a treatment that is not described in the list and it just helped you - write them below, I will add.

Lastly: The painting will be brief - without chewing, how to open cmd and other elementary things. Only the essence. Because every normal user already knows "elementary". If we don’t know something, everything is calmly located on the Internet.
Spoiler
- It's still worth making sure you have enough space.
For example, I download GTA SA, repack of 3.3 GB. Some archives are archived with strong compression and additional free space is needed at the time of installation in order for it to be extracted normally. The total free space should be 2 times more (not necessarily 2 times, up to 100% of the original archive size) - 3.3 x 2 = 6.6 GB.

- We also check the free space on the system partition, because the unpacker utility itself is located in Temp. And she, like all executable files, can reserve a place for her work (Jokes of OS).
In my opinion, 10-15-20 GB should be free + at this moment the fill indicator in Explorer should not be critical (red), otherwise the system behavior changes.

- Turn off antiviruses, blockers and more. We also cut down Windows Defender completely, including all sorts of additional memory protections and other inventions (it's all in Windows Security). If you still need it, after installing the game, return it to its place, add the game to the exceptions.

- (optional) I haven't checked this point, but in some cases it was advised to turn off the Firewall during the installation. Even when it's a dumb idea.
Like, the installer can contact the server.

- In the torrent client on the most downloaded torrent, force a hash / checksum check to immediately close the integrity issue.

- Move repack to the root of the partition where you are going to install the game.
Here I have the installation going on in "D:Games[game]" - I need to put repack in "D:[repack]".

- There should be no gaps in the name of the repack folder, God forbid, Cyrillic, other nonsense. Give the folder a simple Latin name.
For example, if you download GTA V, "gtav" will do.

If the user profile has something other than Latin (for example, "My computer" or something Russian, Japanese, other, or just special characters) - we create a user in Latin and nothing more.
Even a simple "User1" will be enough, what would be "C:UsersUser1..."

- If DEP is disabled, return it to work. To enable, we write in order to the command line (from the administrator) and then reboot:
bcdedit.

- In the DEP settings, we exclude data prevention for our installer.
Just when adding, we specify our "setup.exe". After installation, remove it from DEP. If DEP is not needed, we want to disable it - we prescribe it in order and reboot:
bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx AlwaysOff
bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx OptOut

- Check our media for errors.
Chkdsk can help us, you can find information about its use by querying "chkdsk on the command line".

- This is not to say that it directly plays a role, but for smaller sector search timings it is better to do defragmentation. And not only on repack, but on the entire carrier, for prevention.

- Run the installer via command line (as administrator).
According to Windows rules, terminals (cmd and PowerShell as administrator) are not subject to some security policy. This may be the link in our case. Don't forget that security also extends to executing data in RAM.
Link to add. info is in the comment below. Unsubscribe to collect the highest scoring point.
Test subject was "TES V Skyrim (2013) | RePack by RG Mechanics"
2 Comments
Sort by:
T
This Linked 11.05.22

https://kztarif.ru/kompjutery/archive-data-corrupted-decompression-fails-kak

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 31.05.22

Oh yes, be sure to run incomprehensible repack from the admin and with the firewall turned off.