3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lord On Acid 11.05.22 09:50 pm

FPS in game (Grand Theft Auto 3)

Who has how many fps in the game? It doesn’t rise above 30 for me, and when I record 7-8 fps with fraps: D everything lags, and then when I watch the video there’s no sound, and so in all games I’m zapsing what the hell?
59 Comments
Sort by:
G
GTAfan073 11.05.22

Still, you should not turn off frame synchronization, as a torn image appears.

I
I raspy61 I 11.05.22

that's what I said above .. an extra function in fact, I don’t even know what it gives.

D
D-Ice95 11.05.22

Disabling the frame limiter on fast computers has a very positive effect, greatly improving the performance of the game. But on weak computers, the game turns into torture, it happened to me on Intel Celeron 400 MHz about five years ago.))))

G
GTAfan073 11.05.22

On weak computers, it’s better to turn on the frame limiter after all ... Of course, when the limiter is turned off, the entire image in the game goes beautifully, smoothly, realistically, but ... On weak computers, this can cause problems or even serious glitches, up to not loading saves.

D
DimZet 11.05.22

Video
Frame limiter - this is the limitation of updating the screen to 60hz (30 fps)
Frame synchronization - this is rendering optimization. Turning off these options will use less memory
and FPS can increase over 200 even on a weak computer. But on a weak computer there will be lags with drawing.
Draw distance - as you know, this is the drawing radius of detailed objects. The higher the option,
the further the drawing.
Loop from moving objects (traces) - Motion Blur flickering.

Sound Sound
selection method:
A) Miles fast 2d positional audio
Dynamic acoustic model incl.
(Low sound quality BUT excellent echo in rooms, tunnels, etc.)
OR
B) Dsound3d software emulation
Dynamic acoustic model off
(No echo in rooms, tunnels, etc. BUT full sound quality and 3D sound)
----------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----
Audio patch is just fake.

G
GTAfan073 11.05.22

DimZet13, you confused the description of frame synchronization with the description of the frame limiter.

D
DimZet 11.05.22

I didn't mess up anything. I said exactly.

g
gtaman 11.05.22

Vertical sync is just the same frame synchronization with the vertical refresh rate, so you were wrong after all.
Without it, the frame will “break”, but turning it off gives some performance gain.

The frame limiter is not related to the refresh rate.

D
DimZet 11.05.22

Vertical sync - where did you see this. I have a translation of beeches.
I am 100% sure of my words. I checked everything.
Turn off the Frame Limiter and see how the game will be smoother.
And take fraps and you will see that when you turn it on. FPS frame limiter will be no more than 30.
off. Frame limiter, FPS will be over 30.
Frame sync:
on. Memory will be used to load and draw objects.
off Memory will be used for performance.

g
gtaman 11.05.22

Vertical sync - where did you see this.
This is the same as frame sync.

Turn off the Frame Limiter and see how the game will be smoother.
Yes, the framerate will be over 30 and the game will run more smoothly. But the number of FPS has nothing to do with the vertical refresh rate. For example, I have 30 FPS (I always play with a limiter), and the frequency is 100 Hz (on a PC with a CRT monitor), and not 60 Hz, as you say.

D
DimZet 11.05.22

Well, it's clear that FPS and refresh rate are two different things. I'm just making an example that 30fps looks like 60hz on an old
monitor. FPS refers to the number of images that move, while the refresh rate refers to the monitor itself.
So I wasn't wrong.

V
Victor94 11.05.22

don't be stupid for her to have a sound, you just need to make it louder in the VMM, for example, set the volume of the clip to full and you will hear the sound. fraps just silently records

g
gtaman 11.05.22

30fps looks like 60hz on an old monitor
Again, you are saying something strange. At 60 hertz, the image just flickers (like on a TV). It has nothing to do with the smoothness of the game frames.

D
DimZet 11.05.22

fps and hz are all screen updates. FPS is the frames that the video card gives, and hz is the update of the monitor itself. - It's 100%.
And in general, I did not tell you what fps and hz are. I talked about the game options. What's on Ogre. frames is up to 30 frames per second.
A Frame Sync:
On Memory will be used to load and draw objects.

P
Pai Cheng Tien 11.05.22

Ha, didn't know you knew that. But all the same, the brightness in the frames does not hurt

g
gtaman 11.05.22

FPS is the frames that the video card gives, and hz is the update of the monitor itself. - It's 100%.
Now, you are correct.

A Frame Sync:
On Memory will be used to load and draw objects.
Where is that written? And here drawing of objects?

D
DimZet 11.05.22

I did not read, but checked on my weak computer.
incl. Memory will be used to load and draw objects. That is, the VPS will be low, and the memory will try
to load everything on time.

off Memory will be used for FPS performance. And the drawing will be buggy.
If the computer is normal, then the FPS and rendering will be normal.

g
gtaman 11.05.22

I don't see how it could be related to rendering. If synchronization is disabled, performance will simply be slightly higher, but there may be artifacts in the form of a “break” in the frame.

S
SYMX 11.05.22

FPS turned off, no matter how old GTA 3 :) And with the limiter everything is much tighter: (Disable FPS AND EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE -----100%!

V
Vlad Lagutin 11.05.22

100 fps