3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
F1ProStyle 11.05.22 10:26 pm

GTA 5 beats all records (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Not surprised, but 4 billion is unlikely
107 Comments
Sort by:
g
gtaman 11.05.22

April 29, 2015 at 08:07 pm
Very little is left before the mark of 2 million copies. Since the data are approximate, it is possible that it has already been overcome.

UPD May 1, 2015 at 12:15 pm
And now the mark of 2 million has definitely been overcome.

g
ggame 11.05.22

The Witcher 3 will break all sales records, and if on the topic I would like to see sales statistics for consoles and PC versions of GTA5

m
meagarry 11.05.22

GGame The
Witcher 3 will break all sales records
Well, you're a comedian)))

V
Victor Kalgin 11.05.22

MTX-WooFer
Do guys aged 34 also fall into the category of schoolchildren?

g
gtaman 11.05.22

A mark of 2.5 million copies was taken. http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=Grand+Theft+Auto

m
meagarry 11.05.22

V-Nine
So it's only in the incentive. One can only guess, how much is sold through other retailers)

T
TRS2009 11.05.22

GGame was
dreaming, your witcher to GTA crawl and crawl and hell crawls

s
saa0891 11.05.22

TRS2009 It's

funny to compare the sales of such a famous studio as Rockstar Games and CD PROJEKT RED, which only in The Witcher 3 have risen to the level of such games, or rather, they are still rising and improving.

And it is clear that many more people play the gopnik simulator, since the game is simpler and not burdened with something to think about and delve into the world and the plot, in general, RPG is not such a popular genre.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

saa0891
in general, RPG is not such a popular genre
. Say it to the gazebo with their skyrim or fallout. Normal RPGs are very popular, unlike cheap crafts like the Witcher.

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry

Tell that to the gazebo with their skyrim or fallout.

It is worth comparing the total number of players and game sales.

Normal RPGs are very popular, unlike cheap crafts like the Witcher.

Too thick.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

saa0891
It's worth comparing the total number of players and game sales.
Well, compare. In the already released FIG knows when Skyrim plays more people than in the new Witcher. Now 28k against 21. Well, in terms of sales ... well, there will generally be humiliation .. more than a tenfold difference) Of course, someone in gog buys a witcher. But even if the witcher's numbers are multiplied by 2 or 3 from the side of the gazebo, there will still be a beating of the baby)

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry

Well, compare. In the already released FIG knows when Skyrim plays more people than in the new Witcher. Now 28k against 21. Well, in terms of sales ... well, there will generally be humiliation .. more than a tenfold difference) Of course, someone in gog buys a witcher. But even if the witcher's numbers are multiplied by 2 or 3 from the side of the gazebo, there will still be a beating of a baby)

My friend, you probably don't know that games are not limited to PC only, there are also consoles, you should take this result into account.
And where I wrote that the Witcher 3 is played more and it was sold in large numbers, so it was about GTA.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

saa0891 Buddy,
you probably don't know that games are not limited to PC only, there are also consoles, you should take this result into account.
Find statistics on consoles. There are smokers there too. But IMHO, the statistics for one platform are quite representative.
And where did I write that the Witcher 3 is played more and it was sold in large numbers
Nowhere, otherwise it would have been a balabol.
those like about GTA.
Exactly why did you rush here to justify the witcher?

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry

Find statistics on consoles. There are smokers there too. But IMHO, the statistics for one platform are quite representative.

I don’t have such data, but don’t you really know that there are much more games sold on consoles.
But there is data from Steam 55,447 Grand Theft Auto V and 29,770 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Nowhere, otherwise he would be a balabol.

And what is it for.

Exactly why did you rush here to justify the witcher?

Hmm, I didn’t justify it, but only wrote that the gopnik simulator is more popular than RPG, that’s all, there’s nothing surprising in this.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

saa0891
on consoles, sales of games are much larger.
What is this all about?
But there is data from Steam 55,447 Grand Theft Auto V and 29,770 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
And this? A new folych will come out, then it will be possible to compare peak online with GTA. I don't think that it will be as small as the Witcher
's that the gopnik simulator is more popular than RPG
No, you wrote: "in general, RPG is not such a popular genre." What was wrong.
Shl and what do you even mean by "simulator gopnik"? I haven't heard of this genre. Is that what you call GTA? Then how can you even compare the game with the whole genre?

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry

This is what is generally said?

Besides that the main indicator is there.

And this? A new folych will come out, then it will be possible to compare peak online with GTA. I don’t think it will be as small as the Witcher

’s. It will be comparable, but it’s not only about the number of players who play the game at the moment (again, it’s worth considering that this figure is higher on consoles), but also the sales of one or another games, how many GTA 5 were sold there, more than the CODE in my opinion for a certain period of time.

No, you wrote: "in general, RPG is not such a popular genre." What was wrong.

Those. you want to argue with the fact that in GTA 5 (and that this genre covers a large audience) more people play than in single-player RPGs, even in the same Skyrim, I do not take mmo into account.

Shl and what do you even mean by "simulator gopnik"? I haven't heard of this genre. Is that what you call GTA? Then how can you even compare the game with the whole genre?

I just mean GTA.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

Those. you want to argue with the fact that in GTA 5 (and that this genre covers a large audience) more people play than in single-player RPGs, even in the same Skyrim, I do not take mmo into account.
I want to say that now there is not a single decent modern RPG that can be compared to online GTA. Skyrim came out a million years ago. And by the way, GTA broke the record for online among games developed not by Valve, which Skyrim held for many years (representative of an unpopular genre in your words). Here comes the folych, then we compare. And it’s nonsense to compare with the Witcher - because he is dull and not popular (even less popular than the same outdated Skyrim).
And if we compare genres, not games, then yes - RPGs are no less popular than open-action games a la GTA (GTA is generally the only successful representative of this genre), and there are many popular RPGs. The problem is that standing rpgshki have not been released for a long time.

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry

I want to say that now there is not a single decent modern RPG that can be compared to online GTA.

And what does online have to do with it, if for you The Witcher 3 or, for example, Divinity: Original Sin are not decent RPGs, then I don’t even know what to answer.

And if we compare genres, not games, then yes - RPGs are no less popular than open-action games a la GTA (GTA is generally the only successful representative of this genre), and there are many popular RPGs. The problem is that standing rpgshki have not been released for a long time.

Less, again, watch the sales of the same GTA 5, or take any RPG that you think is decent.

m
meagarry 11.05.22

saa0891 The
Witcher - yes. A very low-grade, low-budget and low-quality RPG. And Divinity is still a niche product, but nevertheless very successful. Which just confirms the popularity of the genre.
Less, again, watch the sales of the same GTA 5, or take any RPG that you think is decent.
Firstly, I already said that now there is not a single decent new RPG. Secondly, you explain to me. Why every time you try to compare the sandbox genre with RPG, you try to compare GTA with "any RPG". GTA is currently the most popular and cool toy. There is no dispute. But you're saying that RPGs are less popular than sandbox games. Therefore, compare all GTA-type toys with all RPGs. And then on one side there will be GTA ... and everything is in principle (well, a little bit of Saint Row, Watch Dogs and other dregs), and on the other, Skyrim, the Witcher, Dai, Divine, etc. And something tells me that if you add up all the toys of the GTA genre and all the RPG toys, the sandboxes will not have such an advantage. Am I wrong?
Threat and one on one with the GTA toy of the RPG genre can compete, IMHO. But only one - new scrolls. But they haven't even been announced yet.

s
saa0891 11.05.22

meagarry The

Witcher - yes. A very low-grade, low-budget and low-quality RPG.

Well, as they say, the taste and color, it's just very sad that you think so.

And Divinity is still a niche product, but nevertheless very successful. Which just confirms the popularity of the genre.

But again, it is worth comparing the number of copies sold with GTA 5, too.

GTA is currently the most popular and cool toy. There is no dispute. But you're saying that RPGs are less popular than sandbox games. Therefore, compare all GTA-type toys with all RPGs.

Any good RPG requires more immersion in the plot, in lore, in pumping, in classes, in the mechanics of the game, studying various subtleties of the game, reading dialogues, anxiety, books, etc., many people are not interested in this, it is important for them that they launched the game, got into the car and went to bring down the cops or someone else without any strain (without understanding all the subtleties of the game), so that everything would explode and babaholo and be fun, and the GTA sandbox fits perfectly, and sales only confirm this, and there is nothing wrong with that, each person chooses what he is interested in.