3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aronez 11.05.22 10:47 pm

What are the games worth buying a previous generation console for?

I own a PS4 and have a shortage of good games. Really hooked on the new console: Alien Isolation, Some of Us, Outlast. On the computer - Siberia. Very attractive games with a powerful, interesting plot. Now I have an iMac, so the PC world game is not available for me, and I won’t buy a second one for this, but the previous generation console (xbox 360, PS3) is fine. I'm not an advanced gamer, before PS4 I only played Doom 3, Siberia and that's it. The world of games on previous generation consoles is completely unknown to me.

Given the above (tastes, preferences), can anyone name the games for which it is worth buying a previous generation console?
16 Comments
Sort by:
D
Digital Multisamping 11.05.22

gta v

v
vincent00007 11.05.22

Heavy Rain, Journey (of course, the game is short in duration, but worth it), LA Noire, the Mass Effect series, Red Dead Redemption, Beyond: Two Souls, BioShock Infinite.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

look at the best games in each year past the gene - they are most likely worthy of attention,
and so probably the game biver mass effects dragon age. in rockstar it’s zhta4 and red grandfather redemption max payne3, in shooters it’s numerous kalofduti and battlefield 3 you can sruzis 2-3, in yubasoft you can look at ossossins, tom slansis future soldier and a series of games on the theme of the wild west (I forgot how it was). well, maybe even kain and lich 2 something else... maybe some other dreamy exes. I don’t remember more games with a small plot.

and here's another - oblivion skyrim and the witcher 2 remembered. there was also a plot.

P
Palutena 11.05.22

good games from ps3 will eventually be transferred to ps4, it’s better to buy something fundamentally different like Wii U (xenoblade chronicles x, a lot of games with good gameplay) or New 3DS (xenoblade chronicles, ace attorney series, brave default, fire emblems)

D
Digital Multisamping 11.05.22

The Last Of Us of course. There are also racing exclusives like Gran Tourismo, Forza Motorsport...

-
-SK.art- 11.05.22

I bought a PS3 last summer just for 2-3 games. This is heavy rain, last of ace. I bought 2 and 3 more uncharted parts. Last of as never bought. To date, I have only completed part 2 of the uncharted, and have started the third part. Heavy Rain started that summer and gave up. As a result - 3 games, one and a half of them passed. All three are uninteresting "movies" of the "B" category, 7k were wasted on the console and 2k on the hard drive, it would be better to invest in a video camera ...

S
StormX07 11.05.22

Diablo 3 + on the joystick is also convenient to play

3m3m 11.05.22

paste gene makes no sense to buy, if only for a wild freebie

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

-Sergei Viktorovich-
It would be better if I took TLOU and GOW3. TLOU is definitely not a movie. In it, the passage depends on your choice of methods of killing, on opportunities, on resources. stand next to the bot (come and the souls in turn), when the bot is strangled, its firearm falls and disappears, but the sticks, bats and metal pipes remain on the floor. In one place, another part of the arrows disappeared. They say you can put patches on it. In short, the passage in this game is entirely in your hands. And there are epic moments in it. in it, the main difficulty in battles with strong opponents is burning buttons. But I took it, although I haven’t passed it yet because of these buttons. If this doesn’t digest, then don’t take it. TLOU passed twice
Before buying Igor, I first look on YouTube, so as not to regret later buying any heavirains with unchurteds. Although, YouTube showed that in Uncha3 at first for an hour (or more) every 3-5 minutes of the movie. And then she lets play out, run, shoot, fight. Like a shooter from the 3rd person. But the fights are worse than in TLOU.

-
-SK.art- 11.05.22

Den-z2011
It would be better if I didn't take TLOU and GOW3

, I certainly wouldn't take it, it's not mine at all. Some kind of crap, judging by the reviews, videos and let's play.
And one of us, maybe I'll take it. But then, when I pass Anch 3 and Hevirine. And it will not be soon, maybe in a year or two)

G
Gauguin 11.05.22

Uncharted is unarguably the highest quality action adventure series to date.
Heavy Rain - if you like interactive cinema, then a must-have, because. this is the best of the genre. The plot is simple, not without jambs, but the narration, intrigue, as well as the system of interaction with objects / characters are addictive.
Red Dead Redemption is the best western with a great atmosphere, interesting characters, a vibrant and detailed world, varied and polished gameplay, an interesting storyline and no less interesting side quests. I personally have GOTG. Admittedly, the PS3 version is terrible.

Z
ZzzRed 11.05.22

You don’t need to buy consoles for the sake of games, for example: An Xbox 360 console costs 14,000 (approximately) And a Halo 4 game for 2,000. And is it worth buying a console for ONE game.

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.05.22

DigitalMultisemping
GTA 5 is a game on platforms of this generation, not the previous one. Or are you from the future? )

M
Mikhail Islamov 11.05.22

A.Soldier of Light
actually came out in 2013 on the 360th box and PS3 as a be...

M
Merry_baker 11.05.22

I’m not an advanced gamer
, it’s no longer worth buying a previous generation console, especially for a person who doesn’t know what he needs exactly and what kind of games they came out with. Wait for the re-release of uncharted, and new games on PS4, that will be happiness.

S
Sullen Hopps 11.05.22

Little big planet 1-2, resistance 1-3