3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dzengrave 11.05.22 10:47 pm

NPCs are loading almost under our noses (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Began to notice after patch 1.04 already, and up to 1.06. Rolling back the version is somehow doubtful. Is there a parameter that is responsible for spawning NPCs in the game configs? Sometimes you drive through a village, and the characters appear right before your eyes. All settings are on ultra, except for the hair. RAM 14 GB, graphics card 2 GB.
27 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oleg Bervinov 11.05.22

Dzengrave is
a similar problem, not always, but it happens after fast travel, you go into the city and wait until, for example, the blacksmith will respawn.

L
Lex one 11.05.22

Dzengrave
Video memory is not enough for you.
At the maximum, the game eats more than 2 gigs.

D
Dzengrave 11.05.22

Alexander Kozlov Evgenievich
, respectively, what, textures to reduce or "the number of characters on the screen"?

L
Lex one 11.05.22

Dzengrave
It already depends on what eats more.

G
Genesis48 11.05.22

most hawala screen resolution post-processing and textures.

G
Genesis48 11.05.22

or just avoid long rides on a horse at a gallop to distant lands

z
zdanu4 11.05.22

they will sometimes be loaded at you and at the minimum. humble yourself)))

D
Dzengrave 11.05.22

The latest patch (1.06) somehow makes few changes. There were rumors that this is an interim hotfix, not a full patch. Perhaps the issue of optimization will return in 1.07.

H
Hireidan 11.05.22

And I thought I was the only one with such garbage ...

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

Such a problem seems to have all 2 gig cards and below.
but this rarely happens.

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

Alexander Kozlov Evgenievich
yes well? 2 gig? even at my high game eats on average no more than 1400, max 1800 ?!

N
Nikita507 11.05.22

Dzengrave
lower the textures to high outrageous just take more memory
PoMkaA
Check that everything is on ultra, sometimes my textures themselves are reset to low

M
Maxonior 11.05.22

Dzengrave You're
not the only one with such garbage. I have a GTX 970 for 4 Gb, 16 operatives - NPS are also sometimes drawn nearby. It does not depend on the patch - it has always been like this. And in cut scenes, when changing plans, sometimes hair does not have time to be drawn - a beard, for example, for a split second.
And judging by the passages on YouTube, most, if not all, have such a hat.
This is due to the game engine itself and it is possible that most people use a regular HDD hard drive. Hard stupidly does not have time to load textures.
On SSD, there seems to be no such problem as such, because there the data transfer rate is much higher.
You need to ask those who have The Witcher 3 on SSD running.

D
Dzengrave 11.05.22

Maxonior
hmm... can then try dancing with a tambourine around the swap file, if anyone has tried it?

N
Nikita507 11.05.22

Maxonior
do not forget there is only 3.5

M
Maxonior 11.05.22

Dzengrave
Try it and if there is a result, write here in the subject please. I had an idea about the swap file, but I did not have time to put it into practice. went on a business trip - and nothing else comes to mind. unless you buy an SSD. But then somehow the toad strangles: D A
good SSD gig for 500 pieces costs 8-9.
Nikita507
What is 3.5? Memory on 970? I don’t know, all my programs show 4095 oz. And even if 3.5, this volume for The Witcher 3 is for the eyes and to the very tonsils.

S
Sprinting 11.05.22

By the way, yes, about the ssd! I had 450 gts went on medium without such loads, but the game was on ssd, now 960 4gb high ultra, it's on hdd. there is such a load once every five years!
I need to put it on the ssd again and check.

t
topotam 11.05.22

This happens to me all the time. Already stopped noticing/surprising. The game is installed on hdd, gtx970, 8gb RAM. I don't want to go broke on ssd because of one game (besides, they are constantly falling in price).

s
saa0891 11.05.22

Also sometimes they are loaded right in front of the nose, it does not depend on the amount of memory on the video, the computer is in the profile.
A friend has an SSD and the same vidyaha as mine, and this also happens.

S
Saints Russia 11.05.22

On my 980, they also load right in front of my nose, sometimes it even happened that you were running and the herax ran into something invisible, but it turns out that the nps didn’t load, the system is on ssd, but the game is on the hard drive, I don’t know if it makes sense to transfer it, and how it is in gog make