3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dzengrave 11.05.22 10:47 pm

NPCs are loading almost under our noses (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Began to notice after patch 1.04 already, and up to 1.06. Rolling back the version is somehow doubtful. Is there a parameter that is responsible for spawning NPCs in the game configs? Sometimes you drive through a village, and the characters appear right before your eyes. All settings are on ultra, except for the hair. RAM 14 GB, graphics card 2 GB.
27 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bupycop 11.05.22

Maxonior
I have a ssd M.2 plextor 256gb (770/580) a similar problem, not often, but sometimes the hair does not have time to load, or ordinary NPCs appear at 5 meters, or wild soap for 1-2 seconds, I noticed that in the latest patches this the phenomenon has increased.

M
Maxonior 11.05.22

Bupycop
So it's not a HDD problem. I watched English-language passages, they have the same canoe. Well, we'll wait until they fix it with patches ... closer to the extended edition : D
In a year we still won't recognize the Witcher - all DLCs will be released, paid and free, there will be an extended edition, all bugs will be fixed - sweetie in general will be.

D
Djonnikc 11.05.22

So, it seems there is no point in transferring it to an SSD ?? One hell will it work the same way ?? Or maybe it directly depends on the speed of data transfer between the game and the disk! Just SSD to each other, too, strife! There are models that are noticeably faster, especially compared to the first releases! I know myself, because I have two of them - an old OCZ Agiliti 3 and a relatively new SAMSUNG 840 Pro.

G
Grandshot 11.05.22

Personally, I only had characters drawn 5-8 meters away. It looked as if the weapon was hanging in the air, and you drive closer and the character appears) No long loadings, etc. Came closer - appeared. But after the last patch it didn't show up anymore. Now all the characters are always safely rendered at the right distance)
Video card Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB.

D
Djonnikc 11.05.22

Grandshot
I have a Gigabyte GTX 770OS 4GB! And after the last patch, sometimes after moving, if you jump into the village at speed, all of the above happens! But I am very glad that all this happens extremely rarely!
And in general, I think that for a game of this magnitude, the Poles did a good optimization!

D
Dzengrave 11.05.22

Guys, increasing the paging file seemed to give a result. In Novigrad, all NPCs do not appear out of thin air. In terms of FPS, it didn’t make a difference, really (but it’s a pity). Let's see how it goes.

S
Solidar 11.05.22

I have this with all kinds of boxes, you go into the house and appear before my eyes. but rarely and not everywhere.