3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sap1en 11.05.22 11:09 pm

A few questions about the game from a beginner (Dark Souls)

Hello. Started playing Dark Souls with two friends. One took the knight, the other the thief. I took a cleric to heal my teammates. Is there a spell to heal other players in the game? If not, what is the best class to take? Probably need someone with a ranged attack.
Second question. To call friends to your world, you need a call chalk. Can you send a screenshot and a description of the place where you can find the knight Soler, from whom you can get a chalk for a call?
91 Comments
Sort by:
s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
There are two miracles to heal friends, but they require a very high level of faith (more than 40) and can only be used in the Guardians of the Princess covenant, if I'm not mistaken. You can get them in the prison in the Duke's Archives by killing two special Cthulhus, crying with girlish voices. But you can heal your friends anyway. When you use Estus, your friends get half the healing effect.
The white crayon will be given by the knight Soler. Talk to him several times. You will meet him after the Taurus-demon by turning left (to the right there will be a bridge with a dragon).

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
1) Two miracles can only be used at a certain location?
2) You take one miracle from each monster, combine it and get a powerful spell to heal allies?
2) Using estus and the first healing spell, can you restore the health of friends with half the healing effect, even when casting the spell at a considerable distance from friends?

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
1. No. You can use it anywhere. Each miracle has its own number of uses before recharging (such as sitting by the fire). In addition, each miracle takes up a separate slot for spells. Those. in the early stages, you won’t be able to carry many spells.
2. No. There are different miracles with different effects, but there is no combination, as far as I know.
3. No. The overall effect of the treatment is only estus. The first miracle of healing (as well as the second))) is cast only on the caster. There are certain miracles for group healing, but as siame said above, there are a number of conditions for using them.
And in general - although DS is in many ways a classic RPG, it also has many differences. It is not necessary to be one person for the whole game, and classes differ only in a set of initial stats and equipment. Being a cleric, you can easily carry thick armor, a huge shield and an equally huge sword. Decide on your playing style so to speak, which suits you best. And a thief, a warrior, and a magician can heal. As has been said more than once in this game, the main thing is personal restraint and observation, and everything else will come by itself.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
The first miracle is an instant heal that heals all allies near the player, and the second is a permanent regeneration, both take 2 spell slots and require the player to be in the princess guardian covenant to use.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Asmoon
Xmax1234 Wrong
. Decided that the covenant of the Guardians of the Princess is a location.

One more question. Playing as a cleric, I need to download all the characteristics, except perhaps for intelligence, because. miracles require faith. Is it really possible to download them all? If not, which ones are better to choose / exclude?

s
siame 11.05.22

You can download anything. Strength and dexterity does not make sense to pump more than 40 - there will be almost no increase in damage after (unless you use a weapon that requires more than 40 strength, for example, a grant club - it requires 50 strength and 30 faith). The stamina bar increases to a value of 40, then only the carry weight increases. Well, it's better not to touch the resistance. And so health, learning, endurance, strength, dexterity (focus on your favorite weapon. From what it has a higher increase in damage, then pump it in), well, faith.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
As mentioned above, you need to pump strength and dexterity in accordance with your preference in weapons, with a bias towards dexterity, these are katanas, curved swords, rapiers, spears, bows, with a bias towards strength, heavy two-handed swords, hammers, clubs, axes, with a uniform slope halberds, straight swords.
If just to use all types of weapons that are in the game, then the strength is not more than 56, and the dexterity is 24.
When leveling a cleric, do a bias on the number of lives and on the level of strength and faith (50 for both to use the Grand Hammer, the heaviest hammer with a heavenly effect, kills skeletons and a strong bonus from strength and faith, and if the slope is more on dexterity, 24 strength and 24 dexterity, then the spear of the Dragonslayer from the soul of Ornstein, bonuses from dexterity and faith, strikes with lightning and can shoot at long distances), while the minimum number of slots is 5-6 (18-23 erudition), and life is at least 30, endurance is about 40-50 (this is how it will turn out because it mainly affects the loading of the character), from the armor I will advise a pumped set of a paladin (the most durable armor in the game from medium armor, only a pumped set of black iron armor is stronger, and a set of a giant) and a sanctum shield, completely you can ignore resistance, if you decide to use miracles, then do not pump intelligence.
In general, with such a bias, the level will slightly outweigh the 100, but a brave paladin comes out of the cleric.

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

The set of the paladin is rather tattered and looks somehow not very good, although the taste and color ... In addition, go far and the phantom-paladin should not be pierced otherwise the set will not appear (although right now it may appear xs ..) As an alternative from the middle ones he has brass armor. Personally, I prefer the Kiaran set (although you have to kill her, but the clothes are okay), the elite knight set (excellent weight / defense ratio), the dark knights and the ruins of New Londo set, well, the Artorias set, as without it (more precisely, not the whole set, but only the helmet and I take armor, gloves and greaves or silver or black knights, depending on the circumstances, both of them look great)

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

Asmoon
I advised armor on durability and not appearance.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Made a list of approximate leveling of the cleric.
Vitality - from 30
Learning - from 23
Endurance - up to 40
Strength - up to 50
Dexterity - up to 24
Resistance - up to 35
Intelligence - can be ignored
Faith - up to 50

Question. Where can I find partners to play in a co-op (website, forum)?

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
What do you mean by "Faith - from 50"? If it's 50 or more then don't do it. You no longer get a tangible increase in your power if some parameter is higher than 40. Under 50, they pump to pick up some kind of heavy iron, or a cunning miracle with magic (like Gwyn's lightning, 50 of faith just requires). It makes sense to download anything above 50+ if the rest of the stats are 50. In addition, the "Resistance" parameter is not so useless. Up to a value of 30, it also increases overall damage resistance. For example, if you have pumped out Vitality to a value of 40, but you want more "fortress", it makes sense to pump exactly Resistance and not drag Vitality further, because after 40 you will receive pluses to defense only after 3 points of F are raised. whereas in C. pluses will go for each nested item until it reaches 35 if I'm not mistaken. I don’t remember exactly the whole formula for improving performance (yes, I confess I never really knew it)), but something like this.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Asmoon
I meant the leveling of faith for the hammer Grand. And about the resistance Xmax1234 wrote that it can be ignored.

The next questions, although the previous one was not answered.
1) How can I get an improved roll when the character pushes off the ground with both hands? Here is a video with an example. I met an enemy phantom with such an ability, it was very difficult to hit him.
2) Leaving the call sign, I was called in the form of a phantom. I could not use Estus flasks (when pressing X, the character spread his arms and shook his head), but I could miraculously heal. What is the problem?
3) We can't play together with a friend. I leave a sign, but it does not appear on him. The levels are the same, there are fixes for the connection. We waited 5 minutes, tried several times, it does not work. But a friend sees the signs of other players, and they can call me. Also in GFWL, in the list of friends, a friend sees an arrow on a little man, I don’t have it.

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
For such a somersault you need a ring. Get it - a quest in several moves.
1. join the forest hunters covenant
2. talk to Shiva, their captain
3. go down to the plague city and kill Shiva's bodyguard. It is from him that the ring falls.

As a phantom, you cannot use estus. Here you will have to be treated with humanity, miracles and a couple of rare items, which you won’t get much without cheats.

It happens. The network code of the game is a product of chaos.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
1) Will I be able to join the Forest Hunters covenant while in the Order of the White Path?
2) If one of the friends (thief / knight) joins, then they will be left without a way to heal themselves, because they do not have a miracle. Somehow it will be unrealistic to play together if friends for the whole game with the same health bar.
3) If we didn’t succeed this time, is there a chance that we will be lucky?

s
siame 11.05.22

You can join any covenant, as long as you haven't quarreled with it. You will be in a quarrel with the hunter covenant if you hit a cat, the head of the covenant, or kill Shiva or his bodyguard.

Your friends can always heal themselves with humanity.

There is always a chance.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
1) In the top comment, you wrote that in order to use two miracles (Soothing Light and Abundant Light), you need to join the Princess Guard covenant. Can I be in two covenants at the same time if I want to get two miracles and a ring from the Forest Hunters? Or he can join the Forest Hunters covenant, take the ring and then join the Princess Guard, thus getting all the items. Because only being in the Guardians of the Princess can use two miracles, then this covenant should be the last one. It's probably better then to join all the covenants, get useful items and then join him.
2) But humanity is rare, it is not restored on fires and it is needed to join players.
3) After the big crow takes the player away from the starting location, he will land on a piece of land, Petrus from Thorolund is still nearby. If you go down, there will be an elevator lowering into the dungeon. Walking along the wooden bridges, I was attacked by ghosts. I tried to hit them, but it didn't hurt them. Or maybe I didn't reach them with my club. How to kill them?
4) If an enemy phantom joins us in a co-op game, which is stronger than both of us, then what tactics is better to use?

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
1) You can join and leave the princess covenant at any time, but miracles can only be used if you are in the covenant, if you leave, they will become inaccessible
2) Humanity can be easily farmed from rats in the sewers, or in the tomb of giants from baby skeletons, they respawn endlessly and easily killed in groups, don't forget the golden serpent ring (item drop bonus), in 10 minutes I got 50
humanity a green twisted hand, enough for locations, hidden in barrels), and if you're lucky, then use a cursed weapon (Artorias's sword forged from the soul of Sif and the sword +10, the claws of those same ghosts, or a rarer banshee knife)
4) Run Forest, run.
Seriously, the difference is + -10 levels, that is, he is 10 parameters higher or lower than you, but this is not an indicator, the main damage is done by the pumped weapon, but everything depends on the player, parry the blows, do backsteb, block and sharply counterattack, distract while the ally comes from the rear, etc. In general, work out your strategy.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Xmax1234
1) Will the method of joining all factions, getting items and leaving the Princess Guards work?

A technical question. We want to play co-op with a friend, but it doesn’t work. In my comment from the video it is written about this. I put DSfix (for graphics), after DSCfix (for connection). A friend after installing DSfix starts to slow down a lot. And DSCfix without DSfix does not work. Is there a way to install DSCfix without impacting performance? The call mark appeared a couple of times, he approached, the inscription "Summon a Phantom" appeared, but nothing happened to me. The rest of the time the label does not appear.

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
will work. You can collect goodies from all the covenants and stop at one, you can re-join some (unless, of course, you killed the head of the covenant).

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

TheBlacX
Is it possible to somehow install DSCfix without performance degradation?

I noticed by myself that in DSfix version 2.0.1, the authors went a little too far with the effects and the game starts to lag even if the hardware can handle it. There are several ways out of the situation:
1. In the ....SteamAppscommonDark Souls Prepare to Die EditionDATA directory, play around with the settings in the DSfix.ini file, there is absolutely nothing complicated. For example, my brakes went away after lowering the quality of SSAO (you can completely turn off its effect is visible only in three locations) and lowering the resolution for Depth of field (again, you can turn off the picture altogether, the picture will become even clearer, in version 1.4 it was not at all). Also, in the Framerate section, check the values ​​of the unlockFPS parameter. From personal experience, I’ll say that unlocking the FPS does not work correctly for everyone, for some it’s normal for others, the game accelerates, for others it starts to lag terribly. I generally recommend unlockFPS 0.
By the way, the enableTextureOverride 1 parameter in the Texture Override Options section is responsible for loading third-party textures. There are quite a lot of them on the Nexus and there are excellent works.
2. Roll back DSfix to version 1.9 or even earlier if you don't want to tinker with DSfix.ini yourself. The picture will not get much worse, but the brakes should disappear. Well, in short everything.
I completely forgot - you will change covenants one way or another over time, therefore it is better to leave the covenant with the help of an indulgence seller. And the turnip will not be reset to 0 if you have pumped it, for example, and there will be no sin.