3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sap1en 11.05.22 11:09 pm

A few questions about the game from a beginner (Dark Souls)

Hello. Started playing Dark Souls with two friends. One took the knight, the other the thief. I took a cleric to heal my teammates. Is there a spell to heal other players in the game? If not, what is the best class to take? Probably need someone with a ranged attack.
Second question. To call friends to your world, you need a call chalk. Can you send a screenshot and a description of the place where you can find the knight Soler, from whom you can get a chalk for a call?
91 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

The rest of the characters can not be killed, with the exception of blacksmiths and Patchwork, he can be found twice, the first time he will switch the bridge in the catacombs, and the second time he will push him off the cliff.
I apologize for the amount of information, all data from official sources with minor amendments. Reading the entire text is optional, read only what interests you.

S
Shockery 11.05.22

A cool set drops from Solera from Astora :) I killed him immediately when I played as a cleric :) And anyway, I still have no saves ... GFVL got bogged down ...

s
siame 11.05.22

I will add about NPCs.
I've never seen Rhea hollow in the Archives. The corpse of a maiden is there, on it is a set of maidens and a ring of white spirits, but he always lies there. Moreover, if you kill her hollow bodyguards and talk to her in the Tombs, then you can immediately move from the fire to the County and talk / trade with her. If after that you go to bang Petrus, then she will remain in the church until the end of the game. This does not affect the presence of the corpse of a maiden in the archives.

Lautrec kills the keeper when we go for the soul of the keeper in the plague city. Somewhere there is a trigger for this action. I used to kill Quilag first (before the Gargoyles), I don’t go to the CG for the soul of the keeper and I meet Lautrec in the Fire Temple. After the Gargoyles, he does his dirty work.

You can save Soler without joining the Chaos covenant. Here on the forum the method was described.

"Griggs of Vinheim is a quiet, unassuming wizard." Yeah, quiet and modest... Only he is dressed in the clothes of a black sorcerer and things that are useful only to a spy fall from him... And I have never met him hollow.

Chester - that still thing. Despite the defiant behavior and the invasion of us in the form of a red phantom, he, in general, does nothing evil. It costs itself, trades, turns up its nose, gossips and that's it. Here are some interesting things related to it.
1. humanity does not fall from his phantom. Does this mean that in the future, where he comes from (and this is the Age of Darkness), humanity is tense?
2. when it invades, it is not obscured in the slot for using the return bone. I'll get to Olachil next time and check if this is a glitch or if it really can be used during his invasion.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

siame
Rhea will become hollow only if you buy all the items from her and reload the location and do not kill Petrus, she will be hollow in the chambers lower from the fire, and not in the room with the set, although sometimes I met in different chambers.
"Griggs of Vinheim is a quiet, unassuming wizard." well, there are no saints in the game, Logan went crazy on his books, a parasite stuck into Soler's head, Sigmaier became hollow and attacked his daughter, so you can forgive the guy and not judge him by his clothes. Yes, it will become hollow after you buy all the spells, rings from him and tell that Logan sat down in the archives, after which he will go in search but will die in the fortress, he can be found devastated where the dark magician’s set was picked up in the fortress.

A
Asmoon 11.05.22

Xmax1234 Respect
for not being too lazy and posting so much information. I knew a lot, but I learned about some details for the first time. And if anyone is interested in two more videos about the plot of the game, although perhaps they have all already watched
the hidden text

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

Xmax1234
I read everything, but I need a clear plan of what to do for the best outcome of events.

1) Is it worth buying miracles multiple times? If I buy, for example, the miracle "Strength" (knocks back enemies) twice, can I put spells in two cells and use strength 42 times (21 + 21)?
2) Can items be transferred?

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
1. you can.
2. You can transfer everything that you can throw out of your inventory. In fact, this is how objects are transferred.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
1) I even need it, I have 6 slots of magic and in all the miracle the wrath of the gods, it looks like the miracle of Strength, but it not only knocks back and knocks down the shield, but also hurts, instead of 3 uses from one slot, it turns out 18 of all available, the only problem is the number of purchased spells with each passage of them is only a certain number (from 1 to 3).
2) It seems impossible to transfer items to players, never tried, you can hide in a bottomless box, you can throw it away, or feed it to Framta.

I don’t know how to give a clearer plan, but if you need something specific, then ask.

s
siame 11.05.22

Transfer is elementary: you throw it out of the inventory, and he picks it up.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

1) During the passage in the Church of the Undead, a white circle hung above the ground. And a white circle appeared on the icon of the Healing miracle. What it is?
2) Does it make sense to take two talismans in hand (left and right)?
3) If you turn on the microphone in GFWL, will the phantoms or the masters of the world hear the words?

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
1. This means that someone in another world used their miracle here, and if you use yours right there, when there is a white circle on the miracle icon, that the effect of its application will be stronger. Healing will heal more, lightning will hurt more. In the guardian covenant, the princesses will be given a ring that enhances this synergy.
2. You can take it, whether it makes sense - you decide for yourself.
3. There is no voice chat in the game. You can, it seems, send voice messages.

An example of using two talismans at the same time and voice messages to boot:

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
And what exactly are two talismans different from one? I did not see any effect on the video.

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
It doesn't exist, it's just that if the talisman is in the right hand, then you can hide behind a shield, and if in the left, then attack with a weapon, at the same time use it to no avail.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

How can I increase the speed of using miracles?

X
Xmax1234 11.05.22

TheBlacX
It seems that you need to pump dexterity, according to the players, the speed of the hit animation and the casting of spells increases.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

1) After defeating the Moon Butterfly, he went forward and saw the stone clone of Andre from Astora. The wiki doesn't say anything about it. May I know the history of this? Below is a screenshot of it.
Spoiler

2) He took Heavenly Coal from this clone, gave it to Andre. How to make, for example, the Dragon Sword heavenly?

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX
can only be converted into a celestial (fiery, magical) weapon, which is enhanced by ordinary titanite.
And the dead blacksmith - what can I say. Butterfly, apparently, blocked the way for clients and he died of hunger - no one brought showers.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

siame
But the question remains why the blacksmith looks so much like André of Astora.

s
siame 11.05.22

TheBlacX Dress
code? Moreover, there are two more of these and they also hold coals to improve weapons on faith. One big sky. With it, you will increase the heavenly +5 to +10. The second one is dark. With it you will receive a weapon of mystery (the effect is opposite to the heavenly one). Find it and the Carved Shield - you will get hints in their description.

S
Sap1en 11.05.22

1) Stuck here on this sir. I can't defeat him, he kills with one blow. Is there any special approach for it?
Spoiler

2) Is it worth trying to kill the hydra in Darkroot Lake at level 28? I'm afraid to approach, there is a chance to leave a green puddle there forever.