3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PoMkaA 11.05.22 11:35 pm

Freezes\\drawdowns\\jerks (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Without FPS lock, the game is jerky [Config in profile]; Previously, with a lock of 30 fps, the game was more or less normal at high, but now even with a lock of 30 fps, there are periodic drawdowns of -2 frames or -5 fps, which are accompanied by jerks! Are there any popular ways to get rid of this kind of trouble? ps On any settings it is! Jerks even when I try to play without a lock at 30 fps and on medium settings, where 50+ fps :O
29 Comments
Sort by:
s
seffko 11.05.22

Well, in the 1.5 patch, there are even problems with FPS.

_
__DOC__ 11.05.22

PoMkaA
Absolutely don't want to offend you, but with a normal computer EVERYTHING is OK - I swear!
Hair))) - :"Hair of the Dog":
Dog hair

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

__DOC__
:D it would be lower in the layer! but 30 fps on my conf should be no problem! and the friezes are straining! I can't seem to find a solution

R
Rakurs94 11.05.22

PoMkaA
I have the same thing, but I only get these stutters in cities and villages. It seems that this is due to NPCs.

_
__DOC__ 11.05.22

PoMkaA
Rom, i5 in the announcement, stands for min. requirements for the game, for a normal game it costs i7, - maybe this is the problem? (on my own - the game does not load the percentage (a fairy tale for bulls), but why are the systems laid out on the percentage?, which do not allow you to understand what-for-what? - I don't know.

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

__DOC__
games don't need I7 and that's a fact! Mine is at the level of I7 4770, judging by the tests! Found advice about increasing the paging file! Put 6 gigs and the game gobbled up everything and even more! Eating 7 gigs of virtual memory! I'm shocked! What is RAM for then?! I ran in different directions and there were no friezes like) :O

_
__DOC__ 11.05.22

PoMkaA
I have an SSD, 18 Gb RAM and no swap, it's hard to answer on the problem.

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

__DOC__
Ah, well, then it's clear, at first I didn't pay attention to the full config xD How much memory does the game consume? Is the game on ssd worth it or is it purely winda na ssd?

_
__DOC__ 11.05.22

PoMkaA
only winda on ssd, all Steam on :E - HDD.

R
Rommel666 11.05.22

There is a lock at 35 fps, all settings on high textures on the outrageous, anti-aliasing is on, there are no jerks. If you unlock the fps then they appear, in Novigrad it consumes 9500mb of virtual memory, with the browser closed.

L
Leonn_24 11.05.22

only in Nograd it freezes severely, in other places not so much, playable
more or less smooth fps 30~35, medium high settings, resolution 1680x1050
pc, phenom II x4, 955 (OC.3.8ghz) Amd HD 6870 1gb (OC. 950Mhz/ 1200MHz) 8gb ram

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.05.22

__DOC__
game percent. does not load
the map the game loads at 99%?

and why laid out sistemki per cent?, not allowing to understand what-for-what? - I don't know.
So that they take the pieces of iron. It will always be so. But I'm interested in something else. If the game does not load the 2600th, does it load the newer i7?

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

Rommel666
How much virtual memory is exposed? let's say 5 gigs, and the game still eats more, judging by the MSI Afterburner OED sensor, it's strange: O

R
Rommel666 11.05.22

PoMkaA
The paging file is set to 10GB.

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

Rommel666
not on ssd by any chance? a simple joke is that the read / write speed of hard drives is clearly lower than RAM and they are not able to quickly interact with data like RAM. Sobsna, therefore, the large volume of the virtual machine aggravates the situation: Oh, which completely contradicts your words about the absence of friezes in the game, although the conf is weaker than mine: Oh magic!

R
Rommel666 11.05.22

PoMkaA
Game on HDD. Maybe due to the fact that my processor is overclocked to 4.5 Ghz, I have no friezes.

d
dimaboss1_ 11.05.22

Rommel666
and what hdd?

R
Rommel666 11.05.22

dimaboss1
Regular WD Blue 500 GB.

P
PoMkaA 11.05.22

Rommel666
hmm, mine in turbo boost mode is chasing up to 3.9 and this should be enough in principle, given that the cores are not particularly loaded! I read somewhere about lowering the frequency of the video card core ... I lowered it, played for 20-30 minutes, like there were no friezes! mb coincidence! sometimes for some reason there are simply no friezes ... I will test -_-

S
Sniper_SVD 11.05.22

If the friezes stopped with a decrease in frequency, then most likely your video chip / video memory is overheating. Check the temperature under load, if the limit is dialed within 10-20 seconds. after the start of the game - change the thermal paste install new cooling etc.