3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
Zoolbie 12.05.22 12:00 am

Skill slot mod (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I'm making a mod, the essence is this:
Part or all of the skills can work without being placed in slots.
Implemented with the parameter "iscoreskill = 1" in the description of skills in geraldskills.xml.
There are disadvantages:
- no stamina regen potion duration adrenaline increase. (although this is rather a plus, because the total bonuses from many skills are clearly cheating)
- some skills (500hp bonus) do not work or do not always work (toxicity +30)
- when pumping a skill, there is no description of the number of invested skills, which is not so important, since everything can be seen in the description of skills.
- when pumping a skill, the invested points are not displayed in the spent ones, thus it is impossible to open new waves of skills. I solved this problem by making the first two waves of skills passive, the third and fourth levels can be slotted as usual, but the third level does not require investing points in the branch, and the fourth requires 15 points, and each skill costs 2 points.

Later, I will cut mutagens by 2-3 times to compensate for the abundance of passive skills. The output will not be very powerful, for that it is diverse.

Always happy for good advice.

By the way, I want to remind you that there are 2 interesting skills in the alchemy branch - +1 bomb (max +5) and cluster bomb. 9 pumped cluster buckshots cover with their uncompromisingness.
7 Comments
Sort by:
T
TheKep 12.05.22

Zoolbie
Respect for the idea, but I feel the fifth point, there will be a lot of bugs :)

I
Igyana1979 12.05.22

There has long been a mod that opens all the cells for Mutagens, in reality this is more than enough. That's what I really need is for the mutagens to stack, since they stupidly litter the entire inventory and look the same, there is a place near every seller, fuck ....... to understand what to sell and what not.

S
Sargarus 12.05.22

you first fix these cons because this is not a mod, but the bug will be continuous.

I
InFeaRnO 12.05.22

There is a check for any slot in mutagens, so let it remain (I'm talking about the synergy of the color of the mutagen and the color of the skill). And do cutting skills too, but in a different version. Those who need it can not download the imba (you can reduce the minimum of the pumped skill for the next line with skills).

s
slipknot326 12.05.22

It would be better to add cells.

Spoiler

for 6 more skills and 2 mutagens.

O
Old_Nick 12.05.22

They can work anyway ;)
More precisely, some players (mostly GoG license) have a picture when the skill on the left panel is already "circled" without being placed on the right activation panel. So - such a skill works as soon as you throw glasses into it, without dragging it to the right.
Judging by the fact that not everyone has it, and such skills (who have) are different - apparently a glitch

Z
Zoolbie 12.05.22

Old_Nick
I did. After patch 1.02, frames appeared for 4 skills. I dug into the scripts and realized that this is due to the inconsistency of the new patchband with the old saves. The whole feature is in the modifier tag for the ability. I could not repeat, but I learned another way.
At the moment, the white garden passed and velen. There were no bugs that interfered with life. I can post the modified xml if you want. I do not intend to make fashion for someone, I just threw an idea and realized the idea.
This is what it looks like

One point is invested in immortality, the skill (like all the others) works fine, but it is not clear how many skills have been invested. Wave 3 does not require points, wave 4 requires 15 points in the branch and 2 points to buy.
At the moment there are a lot of edits in xml:
Mutagens are cut in half, stamina consumes almost everything, but a little bit. The cost of signs is from 60 to 80, regen from medium armor is cut (0.05->0.0025). Weight 150. The base strength of signs is level x2, you get 2 skill points per level.
I can export the maximum from a pure patchband xml and make only the passivity of skills, do not blame me.