3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SeIfish 14.05.22 01:52 am

Alvin from 1 part (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

What do you think happened to Alvin and why was he simply forgotten? So the older blood flows in him too
34 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mari8936 14.05.22

I agree, non-canon is more interesting. I also found a letter from him, I already cried over the first part.

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

Nemesis
Wild Rider

The taste and color, as they say... I read the books even before the first witcher was published. And the very fact of Alvin's appearance causes a slight burning sensation in the pelvic area.
Spoiler Not only does the gene that gives extraordinary magical abilities manifest itself only in women, but also all carriers were under the strict supervision of sorcerers interested in this, and such a child simply could not go unnoticed.
Witcher schools were again invented, but they did not really implement them. They shredded a bunch of iconic characters from the saga into shreds (to hell with them with kings, but Sabrina, calmly going to the fire, Philippa, who was captured in the cold by the Nifgaardians, Assire .... powerful sorceresses). Of course, I understand everything, let them do it, it turns out well, but at such a pace in 4 parts (if it is a sequel, especially not about Geralt), not a single character from the saga will remain.

w
wild rider 14.05.22

KoranRazmus
Spoiler "It's not enough that the gene that gives extraordinary magical abilities manifests itself only in women"
Know-it-all book characters can also be wrong. For example, Geralt, who claimed that golden dragons do not exist. In short, it is permissible to have exceptions to the rules, even if Sapkowski did not mention it. Speaking of birds...dragons. Saskia's abilities are equivalent to Alvin's in terms of gag. I haven't read the last book yet, but I know that the Projects themselves connected the elves with the Wild Hunt. Then all the games in the series should be considered non-canon, I guess.

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

Wild Rider
Have you read Lady of the Lake?

"I haven't read the last book yet, but I know the Projects themselves connected the elves to the Wild Hunt."
You're wrong.

w
wild rider 14.05.22

Saloknir
Yes. I started reading books after going through two parts. It’s a pity that I already managed to spoil in part 3 who Ciri’s father is. My eyes almost popped out of my head.
A discussion on the topic of the Wild Hunt caught my eye. Opinions were ambiguous, some believed that Sapkosky hinted at this boldly, others - that the Wild Race was just some kind of mystical phenomenon that personified the power of chaos.

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

Wild Rider
In the Lady of the Lake, he hints so boldly

w
wild rider 14.05.22

Saloknir
I already had some suspicions when I finished reading The Tower of the Swallow. Well, okay, I haven't gotten to the point yet.

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

Wild Rider
What Sapik wrote is the canon, he created the world, and did not describe some existing one. Everything that Sapkowski did not have is no longer canon. With Saskia, by the way, it’s even more or less excusable, she’s a so-so figure in terms of importance in a series of games, and judging by the book, golden dragons occasionally have fun in the northern kingdoms, but the plot of the saga is built on the uniqueness of Ciri. And why did you decide that the projects themselves connected the wild hunt with the elves? Ciri was with the alder people and saw the servants of them, mostly young people (who could be those who were kidnapped by the Wild Hunt). In general, of course, everything is not canon, Geralt then died :)

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

KoranRazmus
He did not die
At the end of the book, Ciri did something and then sent Geralt and Yen to the island of apple trees.

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

Saloknir
Except for the fanfiction that Sapik wrote under the tears of the fans, and which the author himself did not like, he died.

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

Wild Rider
Perhaps if Saskia was Borch's own daughter, she would have inherited some of her abilities, but this is not so.
So the developers themselves added

S
Saloknir 14.05.22

KoranRazmus
The ending is open. Everyone thinks out as he wants

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.05.22

Saloknir
Of course, this is the whole point of books - to show imagination, to make the brain work. But still, here is a quote from an interview in 2001: "- Is the witcher
good

?
and Yennefer."

And in the Season of Thunderstorms 2013. a clear indication that he is alive. There is no point in arguing here, because. The author himself has not decided.

N
Nemesis 14.05.22

The first Witcher is like a game based on. Well, as game adaptations are made based on. Only now, if filmmakers get shit and that’s why gamers get burned because they crap their favorite game, then the first Witcher turned out to be very interesting, so I don’t see a problem that it’s non-canon.

In general, let them make a remake of the first part on a new engine)