3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ahanovskiy 14.05.22 10:40 pm

The secret to success in Valheim

In walheim, skills matter more than weapons. For example, a lvl 3 flint spear at 100% skill will hit 27-32 (average 29.5) and an iron spear lvl 4 at 0% will hit 18-40 (average 29).
A skill of 100% increases the average damage by 2.3 times and makes it more stable, i.e. it will be for example 85-100 instead of 25-55. And at 0% of the skill, the cost of stamina per hit will be 50% more, i.e. stamina will be enough for 4 hits instead of 6.
For a bow, the skill is especially important, because. with it, it stretches much faster. Chop trees with a couple of hits, break rocks with a single hit, run faster than deer, jump over palisades, swim between islands without a boat, and attack from stealth with skills!
You need to play with all the skills at 100% to understand how much they affect the game. But few rise above 60%. Ordinary people play poorly, often die and drain skills faster than they pump. IMHO you need to have at least 85% basic skills.
The weapon itself is also important, it needs to be upgraded to level 4. And also have several types of it, for example, a sword, a mace and a spear. But ordinary people are too lazy to extract resources, so they usually cut down the forest and fight with a level 2 bronze ax and, as a result, have very low combat effectiveness.
But a level 4 sword and 100% skill won't help. You need to eat only the best food that can be cooked and in all 3 slots. Experienced players focus on stamina, because. it is she who is needed to run, jump and beat enemies, and health is not needed if not substituted. But ordinary people are too lazy and do not want to run around collecting ingredients for good food and messing around in the garden, and as a result they constantly die and lose precious skills due to the fact that they eat some kind of garbage.

In Walheim, you have to be an adventurer. Examples:
Before going to kill Eiktyur, you can go to the black forest, collect bones, blueberries, carrots there, kill a couple of trolls, collect 5 cores in the cellars, make the troll get 10-16 tin and 6-18 copper. Bones are needed to improve leather and troll armor. Cores are needed for smelting ore, ore is needed for a forge, a forge for a boiler and a rower, a rower for growing carrots, carrots for cooking. As a result, you can go to Eiktur already in improved leather armor and with good food.
But you can go further, find swamps and steal turnip seeds from there. With their help, you can upgrade the cauldron to level 2 and open really good food. And if you also steal onions from the mountains, it will be generally wonderful. Killing Eiktur with such food will be much more pleasant.
But you can go even further. If a troll can mine ore, then why not mine another 20 copper and 10 tin to make a bronze pickaxe? You can already mine with a bronze pickaxe. Make armor and weapons out of bronze. And also an ax, chop birch trees with it, put improvements to the forge and improve clothes, put barrels, brew potions. Killing Eictur in full bronze and with potions and good food will be much more enjoyable.
But you can rise to my level of adventurism and go even further. You can kill large slugs and signs in the swamp at night. Slugs sometimes drop iron. And also buried underground are the same piles of dirty scrap as in the crypts, and they can be found and mined. Iron and chains will open a lot of useful things. Only 2 irons will give a stone cutter, a stone cutter will give a stone house and a grindstone, a sharp stone (like chains) will give a forge upgrade, a forge upgrade will make it possible to upgrade armor and weapons to level 4. It is unlikely that a stone palace will help kill an Eiktur, but it will definitely increase the quality of life!
But you can reach the very pinnacle of adventurism and go further. Get enough iron for an iron pickaxe. And with an iron pickaxe, already go to mine silver and obsidian in the mountains. Finding silver in the mountains with a sledgehammer is even easier than iron buried in a swamp. Silver unlocks level 3 cauldron and very good food. As a result, the eiktur will be opposed by a warrior with silver weapons and armor upgraded to level 4, with excellent food and with skills that will have time to pump over during all of the above adventures.

Unfortunately, some of the people will say that killing Eiktur in silver clothes is some kind of shiz, and that you don’t need to bother so much. But think about how many problems there are in the game, from finding a merchant to breeding boars and harpooning a snake. Ask yourself two questions. What mobs are the spirit damage from the silver sword effective against? Why does the silver sword open after passing through swamps? I will answer. Silver weapons are essentially only effective in the swamps, because. almost no one except the swamp dwellers is susceptible to spirit damage. Draugrs, skeletons, thickets, ghosts, and other undead are susceptible to it. It’s somehow strange that the player gets a weapon that is effective only in the swamps and nowhere else, but he gets it already when the swamp boss is killed, the swamp biome has been completed and there’s nothing more to do in the swamp. In my opinion, it was intended that the most courageous adventurers who found silver before conquering the swamps would be rewarded with a weapon that would bring the entire swamp to its knees. For those who don't know, the damage of a silver sword after a parry is about 800+, while an ordinary friend has only 100 hp, and a two-star elite has 600 hp. Those. this weapon is guaranteed to kill a two-star elite draugr with one poke, and what a fat mob.
0 Comments
Sort by: