3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vanek2707 19.05.22 01:10 am

Should I get started with XCOM: Enemy Within? (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

Haven't played a single game in the series. Should I get started with XCOM: Enemy Within? Or do I need to play Enemy Unknown first?
12 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikolai Baklunov 19.05.22

With XCOM: Enemy Within, it is supplemented by enemy unknow

N
Nikolai Baklunov 19.05.22

I also advise on XCOM: Enemy Within to put long war 15b2
PSlong war fry hardcore

M
Mantihor 19.05.22

It's the same game, it's just that Enemy Within brings additional content and more variety to the game. If the battles become not much more difficult, then the preparation stages and the management of the base will take much more time and money.

V
Vanek2707 19.05.22

Thanks for answers. EU can be skipped, I'll start with EW means.

S
SUSUL1 19.05.22

Vanek2707
EU is hard to miss because EW is just an addon to the EU, bringing in a few costumes, giving access to cybersoldiers and adding a new hostile human faction. The EU storyline is fully preserved

K
Kikicil 19.05.22

SUSUL1
Not really. EW is making minor adjustments to the company as well.
Vanek2707
EU you can't miss, because EW is the EU, only cooler. Much.

S
SUSUL1 19.05.22

Dan.nis
doesn't change the ending. But it adds story missions, especially the whale mission! Fire, not a mission!
By the way, there are many rumors that the game has two endings. but no matter how much I searched, I did not find an alternative.
Game Over do not offer =)

M
Mantihor 19.05.22

SUSUL1
It's probably worth clarifying that the mission about China is another DLC (I don't remember the name), it came out before Enemy Within. It also includes a mission with an electric train and on an alien ship, and the buns there are the same Chinese and a pretty cool alternative to a grenade launcher. Something like this..

F
FOSTER_ok 19.05.22

Mantihor
Not an alternative, it's much more powerful. This time.
It can be explored without this DLC, you just need to capture the dreadnought. And dreadnoughts do not appear at the beginning of the game, so they just give you the opportunity to get an imba at the very beginning

K
Kikicil 19.05.22

SUSUL1
Well, it doesn't really change, but in EW it is better worked out. In EU, when the master psionicist kicks everyone out of the control room and launches the ship into space, the Ranger flies away with the words "No one returned. I'm returning to base", and in EW a slightly different video of the destruction of the flagship and the ranger flies away seemingly silently. And the mission with the whale pleasantly surprised me, but I liked the mission on the dam more, since I went through the whale as recruits (the rest were sick. On the head and in general) and died like that three times.

R
RicoChico 19.05.22

Start with Enemy Within. But get ready for unfair crits even from weak enemies.

K
Kikicil 19.05.22

SUSUL1
Here I found 2 endings - one good (victory; 39:00) and at the end a bad one is shown (defeat 50:00). And yes, I was slightly wrong. The ranger still says no one has returned. Although this is a localization error. during the end credits, the guy explains this moment.
Spoiler