3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mrKaktak 24.05.22 11:39 pm

Undervolt ryzen 7 5800x

People tell me how to properly set up this stone so that the performance losses are minimal, as I understand it, the turbo boost needs to be cut down otherwise the temperature jumps, the stone is still on the way, I will adjust the current on the 27th, so don’t ask for the temperature at the moment)))
4 Comments
Sort by:
D
Deshang 24.05.22

mrKaktak
Here at first put it, look at productivity, temperatures and noise level. And then you decide whether you need to change something or not.
Ryzen tuning options are plentiful.
1. Offset voltage or fixed
2. Fixed frequencies, with active RVO, manually configured for each block
3. Hydra Project type software: https://www.overclockers.ua/cpu/hydra-oc-sandbox-for-zen3/

m
mrKaktak 24.05.22

Deshang
ATP, I'll take a look)

M
MunchkiN 616 24.05.22

I understand it depends on the motherboard.
and in general I don’t understand why undervolting is done. it's better to put a bigger cooler and don't suffer from any incomprehensible ones, but overclock it to the heap.
if in games friezes and slippages are observed, you can work to turn off the turbo boost and look for some kind of hyper tracing bus there and try to raise it.

m
mrKaktak 24.05.22

MunchkiN 616
there will be dropsy, deepcool gammaxx l240 v2, motherboard asrock b550m steel legend, just on the forums and in the reviews a lot of people write that out of the blue in Windows the turbo boost worked and the temperature started to jump from 40 to 70