3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tony Quick 31.05.22 02:12 am

GTX 660 settings? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Just installed the game today. Ask for advice from cardholders. I think during this time many have already figured out the optimal settings for the 660. I'm sorry that it's a separate topic, but somehow I don't want to rummage through the general ones. Thank you in advance.
27 Comments
Sort by:
N
Northern Sky 31.05.22

Tony Quick
Isn't it an option to try it yourself?

T
Tony Quick 31.05.22

NorthernSky
, yes, I'll be at work all day, and in the evening I really want to play, and not fiddle with the settings.

w
warsnake 31.05.22

Tony Quick
If you're at work all day and you're scouring the forum, read the hundred or two threads with your question below.

M
MalluM 31.05.22

Tony Quick
I'm playing on default settings (recommended/default) and it's fine.
The game itself soldered medium-high.

And so, it does not depend on one card ...

T
TERMOGLYK 31.05.22

Tony Quick
Better tune it yourself ... ! But with your conf you get about ultra-high settings ... but no more than 30FPS then ...

- NVIDIA Hairworks (improves the display of Geralt's hair, monster hair)

Performance impact: You can set the options "Off", "Only Geralt", "All". In combat scenes, it eats at least 12-15 fps, in the open world - at least 10 fps.

- NVIDIA HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion (greatly improves the appearance of the game)

Performance impact: Instead of NVIDIA HBAO+, you can put SSAO or disable the option altogether. Switching from NVIDIA HBAO+ to SSAO will give you at least 4fps, turning it off completely will give you another 4-5fps.

- Anti-Aliasing (improves geometry)

Performance impact: The higher the resolution, the greater the fps drop. Disabling gives about 4-5 fps.

- Bloom (improves lighting from some sources)

Performance impact: Minimal impact, disabling this effect will do almost nothing.

- Blur & Motion Blur (adds Blur effect)

Performance impact: Each effect has very little effect on its own. But if you disable both of them, then in battle you can get an increase of several fps.

- Chromatic Aberration (slightly distorts the image, optional effect)

Performance impact: About 0.3 fps, that is, the minimum. Option for your taste.

- Depth of Field (affects the display of distant objects)

Performance impact: In open spaces, the option eats up less than 2 fps, but in cities this figure can increase.

- Detail Level (level of details, geometry)

Impact on performance: Oddly enough, not so big (says NVIDIA). Details are visible at close range. If you turn it to zero, you can get 1-2 fps in big battles.

- Foliage Visibility Range (distance after which distant objects start to become obscured)

Performance impact: The most "expensive" option in the game, has a VERY big impact. Reducing the option from Ultra to Low gives a very large increase in FPS. At the same time makes you a little short-sighted. This option should be tormented in the first place if you want an increase in performance.

- Grass Density (how much grass)

Performance impact: Visually, there is little difference between a high and a low value. Well, the performance gain is also small, a few fps.

- Light Shafts (adds beautiful sunbeams)

Performance impact: Minimal, don't turn it off.

- Shadow Quality (shadow quality)

Performance impact: Visually, the difference between high, low and medium shadows is not so great. But switching from high shadows to medium (or low) gives a few fps.

- Sharpen ("sharpening" the details of the picture)

Performance impact: About 0.5 fps or less, an option for your taste.

- Terrain Quality (quality terrain)

Performance impact: Almost none in the pre-release build. The developers promise that after special patches the difference between the settings will appear, this is one of the ways to optimize the game.

- Texture Quality (texture quality)

Impact on performance: On "Low" the game consumes about 1GB of video memory, on "High" 2GB of video memory is consumed. There is no difference between "High" and "Ultra" textures, on "Ultra" the game simply loads more textures, which reduces the likelihood of seeing texture loading, for example, when driving fast.

The impact on the performance itself is insignificant, the amount of video memory of your video card is important.

- Vignette (shadows the corners of the screen)

Performance impact: Minimal impact, an option of your choice.

- Water Quality (water quality)

Performance impact: Very small, we recommend setting it to "High". The difference in the settings of the option is very noticeable in the open sea, it is invisible in rivers and ponds.

So tune in your pleasure =)!

J
John 31.05.22

Gnev999
Thanks dude for the detailed description of the game settings, it was useful for me!

w
warsnake 31.05.22

Gnev999
These descriptions are not relevant for patch 1.04 because they fixed texture rendering for high/out of bounds settings. So now there is a difference between them.

T
TERMOGLYK 31.05.22

Warsnake
Yes, there's not a big difference ... if you look closely ...
Well, on the 660_th you can unscrew the textures to high ... I think it's safe to pull ... Norm "OVEN" I used to have such a standing =) ...

T
TERMOGLYK 31.05.22

John
=)

P
Portmen 31.05.22

Cut down the Tony Quick
hairworks right away, at first I played with it on 770 with a 30fps lock, everything was ok, but for the time being, well, the range of grass rendering eats a lot of fps, everything else eats at least

w
warsnake 31.05.22

Gnev999
I'm not talking about what can or cannot be turned on - it's up to each iron and each player how and on what settings to play. I'm talking about the irrelevance of the information in your post. By the way: I play on i5-2500K, 4.2GHz, GTX680 2GB, on high, except for the textures - they are on the outrageous. HairWorks is off. Lock at 30 fps. No drawdowns, no lags, no delays. It works perfectly smoothly, with the exception of the well-known microfreezes, which have become smaller with the latest update. Textures at extreme quality consume about 1700 MB, measured with MSI Afterburner. So 2 GB of video is enough for outrageous textures.

A
Artemko_one 31.05.22

Does anyone know what kind of anti-aliasing the game uses?

B
BladDan 31.05.22

Tony Quick
in my MSI 660 Gaming set the explorer to such settings, but the percentage is rather weak (everything is overclocked. In the game, I locked the fps by 30 and there are no jumps, everything is fine)

T
Tony Quick 31.05.22

BladDan
I have FHD resolution, so I'm afraid it won't work on these settings

Z
ZtalkerZhuha 31.05.22

Tony Quick
I advise you to roll back to patch 1.03, if you have 1.04, there will be less problems with drawing objects and NPCs.

Gnev999
Textures on high and maximum are the same, at least until the last patch. Only the amount of video memory allocated for them is increased, up to 800 MB.

d
drag-fire 31.05.22

Tony Quick
I just have a 660 GTX card, set everything to medium, no lock at 30 fps.
I play without lags and delays.

T
TERMOGLYK 31.05.22

Warsnake
=)

T
TERMOGLYK 31.05.22

StalkerShuha
1.04 differs slightly from the high ones on outrageous textures

B
BladDan 31.05.22

Tony Quick
then set it 1 mark lower and everything will be fine for the game to go, but only lower the background shading.

M
MassChester87 31.05.22

Try these settings:
Spoiler