3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JackReacher 12.06.22 11:36 pm

Terrible drops on GTX 980 (1060) (GhostWire: Tokyo)

Hi all. No matter what settings you tweak, the game runs steadily at 60 fps for the first 5-10 minutes after launch, then in certain places (regardless of the action on the screen or a bunch of objects with lighting, or just a room with a minimum of details) drops literally to the level of a slide show , in completely random places.
I run away from there and again 60 fps. What's wrong with this game? like some damned places on the map that bend the computer. I even reinstalled it specifically on an SSD, to no avail.
Map 980, percent 3770K. 16 GB of RAM. At first I thought the card did not pull, but no. On average, it should pull stably, only on the way, but the game behaves the same way at minimum wages.
In tests on YouTube, other people are ok. The game eats 3.5 GB out of 4 for the card, the percentage generally rests, 50% works. The card is 95-100% at a frequency of 1400 MHz. Everything should be stable at 60 fps, with drops up to 50 in some places, but not the same tin.
4 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 12.06.22

JackReacher
Do not pay attention to such optimization, I also had freeze drops, and also just in locations where nothing happened, although the fps was high as usual! but I still played on the release, but as I understand it, they did not fix anything! PC config in profile.

k
kurskiy 12.06.22

There and on 3070 the same problems can be (although not after 5-10 minutes, more time passes, half an hour or an hour), but with tracing. However, if you cut out the "rays" and switch to dx11, then this also happens. Here is such an optimization, and so the game was released. And it doesn't matter if the stage is loaded - no, there is rain - no. The game wanted to relax and that's it.

P
Protocol10 12.06.22

Set JackReacher
lock to 30 fps and there will be no drops

J
JackReacher 12.06.22

I do not know what helped me, but I reinstalled the drivers, increased the frequency of the video card, cleaned the computer with Ccleaner and the game became stable.