3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Funtik_888 09.07.22 12:01 am

Monitor turns off when playing games, but computer works

Hello, I have such a problem with a shorter PC, my rx 470 on 4 gb doesn’t work that much when playing games that are not demanding, my screen turns off (but the PC works) after 10-15 minutes, this can only be fixed if you lower MSI Afterburner frequency, then it behaves normally, but if I start cyberpunk or such heavy toys, then at normal values ​​​​it does not turn off, I have no idea what this could be connected with
2 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 09.07.22

Funtik_888
The screen turns off because the vidyaha overheats and the video driver is reset, stops working and outputs a signal to the monitor, and the computer itself will of course work. Most likely, overheating goes around 90 degrees or something like that, you need to fix the temperature after which the card is cut down and set the temperature limit in msi, or lower the frequencies.

L
Len4ik00N 09.07.22

Funtik_888
If the driver is reset, then the screen usually flashes first, and does not stupidly darken (at least, that's how it was for me with several video cards). To find out for sure, you can look in the Windows logs, it will be written there.
It will not be superfluous to check the temperatures, but I would also look in the direction of the software - AMD can be capricious. Did you change the settings in wattman? (frequencies, fan speeds, etc.)