3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Derley 18.07.22 11:22 pm

Does it make sense to enable hdr mode in games?

Makes colors warmer, but the contrast becomes lower
4 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 18.07.22

What can I say? If you like a picture with HDR - you should turn it on, if you don't like it - you shouldn't.
That's just a monitor / TV with support should be normal.

P
Protocol10 26.07.22

Derley
is more likely to get lower brightness than contrast, for HDR you need monitors with a brightness of 1000 nits and higher, and those that are now pushing mostly HDR 400 nits and the picture is dim, only suitable for movies and commercials. Well, for HDR, the number of highlight zones and the real 10-bit matrix decide. HDR is normal now only on oled panels. Well, a lot depends on the content, somewhere it is in place, but basically I would say that it distracts more from the gameplay.

l
longerr2007 26.07.22

kurskiy
Televisions in this topic, as I understand it, are not discussed. And about monitors, the response time is in the first place, the rest is rubbish.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.07.22

if there was some kind of convenient monitor, it would retain its color balance but at the same time take the upper bits and increase the brightness under them ... but this requires a very large matrix that does not let in excess light.
and so formal in games with a HDR and an appropriate monitor, why not use it. if the color balance of the picture is shifted at the same time, then it’s probably better not to use