3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bjern 18.07.22 11:47 pm

video card

I can not understand what the problem is: the fps has dropped in all games.
Video card gforce 660 percent intel i7, windows 10
GTA5, witcher 3, KCD were on medium - high graphics settings normally, nothing hung.
The monitor (TV) was connected via a VGA cable. For some time, I had to use a second monitor for my studies, for which I connected the main TV via hdmi, the second (small square LG) via vga. Naturally, on the previous settings, the game stopped working normally and the quality of the graphics had to be lowered and everything worked properly. But here I returned everything as it was (one monitor-TV via VGA) and everywhere the FPS dropped to 13, and at low graphics settings. Task Manager shows the work of the GPU is not lower than 99%. The desktop also hangs terribly when minimizing the game, which has never happened at all. I read forums with similar problems - they write that the miner. The regular antivirus program of Windows does not detect the problem.
Now the actual question:
If this is a miner, then how can it be detected (by the way, I completely disconnected from the Internet - everything was still hanging and loading)?
Could the problem be that due to the reconfiguration of the monitors, the computer has set some restrictions on the VGA channel and the video card simply does not use all its powers through it? If yes, how do you remove them?
And one more thing: I can’t open the “3d program management” tab in the nvidia control panel - it immediately crashes when I switch to this tab
4 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 18.07.22

most likely, instead of the GPU, the GPU built into the processor is working and it is displayed in the task manager.
To check this, you need to install msi afterburner for example and watch the download during the game.
or is it some kind of specific problem that the game does not work in full screen mode. Witcher 3 has 3 modes as far as I remember. correct full-screen through the driver scaled through the desktop and windowed. if we assume that you tried to run the game with 2 active monitors, the game could switch to this mode, which could lead to the game running either not on the video card or through the desktop, similar to the windowed one, which in some cases can lead to performance loss.
however, if the driver crashes or freezes when trying to enter the nvidia panel, something strange is either with the driver or with the video card. You can try to look for some old driver for this Windows or a newer one. if nothing works, you can assume that technically something is wrong with the video card.

K
Kartonkratos 18.07.22

Bjern
As MunchkiN 616 wrote above, your built-in video card turned on for sure, because you probably poked the adapter into it due to carelessness!

f
frendzy 26.07.22

Kartonkratos
why then did everything go on the embed? something is not clean here

K
Kartonkratos 26.07.22

Frendzy
I didn't understand you! what was on the embed before? Do you even get the gist of what's being said here? he used to have a gtx 660, but now the built-in could turn on and for the fact that he could accidentally plug the video adapter into the connector on the motherboard! and so by activating the plugin.