3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FatalityBrutal 26.07.22 12:21 am

Have you ever messed up a game?

For example, killing a character who should give a story mission or something else.
I remember in Duma 3 there one person opened the door for you so you could kill him when he went out to that door, though I didn’t check.
23 Comments
Sort by:
D
DiLouk 26.07.22

If this happens, then it's a bug or Morrowind :)

C
Consul 26.07.22

It was ...

1) Gothic - the entrance to the Sleeper's dungeon was guarded by a bald fanatic. I was not able to kill him and just turned into a beetle... I crawled past him through the bars... As it turned out later, the bars couldn't be opened from the inside... I had to steer the situation with cheats.....

2) Stalker CHN - the usual entry to Duty gave me the whole game... It turned out to be impossible to complete the quest in which it was necessary to ask the commander of the Freedom detachment at the checkpoint about something... But that's not so bad, the quest was canceled almost immediately after approaching the post, it just needed more go through this checkpoint, and there are about 30 people with Vintorez.

A
Adahn one 26.07.22

For example, killing a character who should give a story mission or something else.
Well, that's it, then no.

D
DEviLPr0 26.07.22

And I had exactly this in The Witcher, I had to replay

A
A.Soldier of Light 26.07.22

Reminds me of Morrowind

D
Dark_Sun 26.07.22

I'm quite sure yes.

G
GamePolice 26.07.22

Yes, I think everyone has! I mostly because of bugs! For example, the recent Batman ((((

A
Adahn one 26.07.22

Why does everyone remember Morrowind? A title pops up in the same place if you kill a plot character.

D
DiLouk 26.07.22

Why does everyone remember Morrowind? A title pops up in the same place if you kill a plot character.

This is exactly what everyone remembers :)
I remember that I failed some guard, but it gave me away! It's the first time I've been SO scared!

L
Lubber 26.07.22

Well, if a warning pops up that you have done something irreparable, then this is not a screwed up game - just load the save and you will continue to play. Worse, when there are no warnings. But then this is no longer the problem of the player, but the problem of those who made the game - they cheated.
Personally, something doesn’t come to my mind when I messed up the passage of the game for myself. Usually I do not finish the game for one of two reasons - I'm tired or crooked management, which discourages all the desire to play.
Examples of the first - Oblivion, Fall 3, Gothic 3 - because in the RPG there are two "progress engines" - pumping and plot. And in these games, the leveling is fast and the plot is either short or rotten (In Gothic, even the main plot was not interrogated, not like side quests). RPG is my favorite genre.
Examples of the second - Alone in the Dark and DMC 4 - maybe the games are not bad, but the non-standard controls for the PC discouraged all hunting.
But usually everything that I start I go through to the end.

G
GunslinGa_MЗ 26.07.22

Yes, it was on the Sega and Nintendo consoles, but then they came up with a save code.

M
May Aynsel 26.07.22

I'm not the only one who immediately remembers Morrowind.

K
Keks 26.07.22

It happened, and more than once.

m
masha 26.07.22

Yes, because of Far Cry 1 bugs, there was no Internet to download the patch, so I suffered.

S
Screwy 26.07.22

So, uh...

D
Dark_Sun 26.07.22

Now I remembered. I'm not the one who screwed up the walkthrough. I screwed up the passage in a certain way. In Vizardry 8. There is a choice of 4 options. Help Anpani, Ti-rengam, reconcile them or spit on them. I thought that we should reconcile them. And it turned out that if you complete more than necessary tasks for one of the races, then the second one will declare a hunt for you. Well, I had to lose a couple of days. Load.

D
Dreadnought. 26.07.22

It was business.

S
Sanaki 26.07.22

in Bards 4 screwed up once (((

E
Egor896047 26.07.22

In Mass effect, I was on the verge of ruining the game. I ignored the side missions and forgot to stock up on powerful armor and weapons before the final mission.

r
requiemmm 26.07.22

No, the bad ending of Mass Effect is still the ending. An example of how to screw up a game is, say, GPK Corsairs. If a player took a pirate line that was thrown out of the blue and the choice was "take the quest or fail the entire line", he was not allowed into the national lines until a certain point. And in the pirate lineup, a quest with a double was waiting for him, when it was impossible to leave it when entering the location, and the player could not kill the double in the early stages of the game, because he was very cool. If there was only one save, then that's it. This is not the only such moment, you could still get into trouble by borrowing from the god of death, who asked for five times more, if I remember correctly. The amount accumulated was nothing, and in the early stages of the game the player could not give it away either. In the Vasyan-leopard assembly, another way to get stuck in the passage appeared, also in the GPC: if a player lays out a rat god out of his pocket so that more loot fits in, this is relevant, if you don’t generate for carrying capacity and are greedy, then the rats will gobble up a unit of canvas or logs, and they give them once per passage, you can’t buy more, that’s all, the script will not release with islands. But Vasyan has 100 saves and quicksaves available at least, you can roll back.