3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kay Owald 01.08.22 11:22 pm

Impressions of the game UnderRail (UnderRail)

The game is often referred to as a budget Fallout. Yes, budget. But yes, Fallout.
It's an old-school isometric RPG in the vein of Fallout 1 and 2, but quite distinctive in both the role-playing system and, for example, the approach to locations.
It looks quite good, albeit simple, until you start zooming in and then there will be fierce pixels. Moreover, I could not find a convenient view at 2k resolution (the usual one is small, and the approximation reveals an abyss of pixels), I had to play in FullHD, which is a minus. A big plus is the customization of the interface size and fonts. Many thanks to the authors for this, as well as for the wide possibilities for switching the speed of the game and battles. The design does not shine with anything special, but it does not cause yawns either. In the DLS, on the contrary, there are quite original places.
The role-playing system is both similar and unlike Foul. It has the right to life, but I did not become a fan of it. Particularly lacking was aimed fire at the limbs.
One of the main distinguishing features is the approach to locations. Absolutely not a foul, something of their own, almost unique. Large cards consist of small pieces between which the player moves. And this is one of the main drawbacks of the game - they are too fucked up, despite the fact that the game map does not really help. Why not mark the routes that you didn’t walk, but saw with a dotted line? Yes, explore caves, underground, etc. really interesting, but when, after a dozen identical caves, you enter another zone and see three more unexplored directions... Reduce the game by half and it will only benefit from it. And so 100 hours, you get tired of the game.
The plot is quite good, there are mysteries, mysterious forces, creatures, there is also a simple life in the post-apocalypse. The action takes place in a world where mega-corporations have destroyed the surface and the survivors have moved into the subway. We play as a person who has recently come to the Southern Subway, who first needs to just find his place in the world, and then get into the millstones of intrigue.
In general, this is an original game of the old school, with its own shortcomings and advantages. Fans of Fall, isometric post-apocalypse and world exploration should try it.
7.5/10

There are DLS with the same problems and advantages. It makes no sense to play without DLS, especially since it is no worse than the main game and adds a lot to it.
0 Comments
Sort by: