3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shurichansky 01.08.22 11:33 pm

Can't launch game (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Last year everything was up and running just fine. Then I updated the PC recently and decided to try it again, but I could not. Rockstar support didn't help either. Yes, damn it, even vpn did not help.
19 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

License and pirate

K
KIBERMAX 01.08.22

Shurichansky
Well, where is the info, about the computer, about Windows, did you try to run it on Vulkan api or Directx 12, do you think there are only Wangs on PG, did you update the entire PC or just the video ?, are the firewood on the video the last ones?

K
Kartonkratos 01.08.22

Shurichansky
Can you elaborate? as KIBERMAX wrote above!

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Video card Nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4GB
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz (overclocked to 4.2 GHz)
RAM 16.0 GB (available: 15.9 GB)
Windows 10 pro
ALL firewood I have reinstalled them several times

K
Kartonkratos 01.08.22

Shurichansky
Did you reinstall Windows?

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Kartonkratos
Yes, to a new ssd

K
Kartonkratos 01.08.22

Shurichansky
That is, you reinstalled Windows after upgrading your computer? and how exactly the game does not start, some kind of error pops up or something with the rockstar launcher?

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Kartonkratos
Just appears in the task manager (+ black small screen) and immediately disappears

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Kartonkratos
And updated Windows at the same time as upgrading the computer, yes

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

I ran it on behalf of the administrator, updated everything I could, reinstalled, turned off the antivirus program, the path was only in English.

K
Kartonkratos 01.08.22

Shurichansky
Check the integrity of the game files! or go to the config file of the game, along the path documents / rockstar games / red dead redemption 2 / settings / and there will be a system.xml file, open it and change the DirectX12 API to Vulkan or vice versa, depending on what is currently set! Well, you can lower the graphics settings in it.

K
KIBERMAX 01.08.22

I don’t understand what, apart from the release of the game on the PC, after fixing the performance of the game, I never had problems with launching, crashes and everything else, even though my computer doesn’t have ice, but here all sorts of people’s games don’t start, then it crashes with an error, it crashes without an error, if I have no problems with games, am I the chosen one, or do I still have straight hands.

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Kartonkratos
I just re-installed it directly, on the recommendation of rockstar support, I deleted all rockstar folders and there is no system.xml file. File integrity is ok. And how can I change the graphics settings if I can't launch the game?

K
Kartonkratos 01.08.22

Shurichansky You
can change them through this file! if it is not there, then download it from the same site, and throw it along the path that I indicated!
I found https://www.playground.ru/red_dead_redemption_2/file/red_dead_redemption_2_optimizatsiya_dlya_slabyh_pk_konfig-1097769 only here not under the ti version like yours, but under the usual one, but this doesn’t change anything!

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

Kartonkratos
Didn't help

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

S
Shurichansky 01.08.22

But the pirate doesn't work either.

D
Dohogoy_uola 16.11.22

Shurichanskiy
Hello, I have the same problem, I tried everything, nothing helped, the black screen crashes, I play on Steam, I installed a pirate the other day, the problem is the same, I tried to copy the installed pirate to a laptop, it works fine on a laptop, were you able to solve this problem?

K
KENIG_39 16.11.22

a very effective way, STUPIDLY DISABLE ALL PC OVERCLOCKING IN BIOS, and you will have everything by 100% option