3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Origami NY 20.08.22 08:52 pm

Lenovo Legion 5 pro very strange situation

Hello. I recently bought a brand new Lenovo Legion 5 pro 2022 laptop. Specifications:
RTX 3070ti
Intel i7- 12700H 2.3 Hz
RAM: 16GB DDR 5
Display: 16” WQXGA (2K) HDR+ 165 Hz
1 terabyte SSD
Windows 11
I launched it for joy, didn’t change anything, didn’t set anything up, only the Lenovo center itself downloaded updates for everything you need, including the BIOS.
I open Aida 64 and see such a picture that the processor temperature jumps from 57 to 90 degrees. From the open browser only. The video card is fine. I launch games (no matter what) and the temperature on the processor jumps from 85 to 107 degrees. On the video card 86/90. I put two more temperature monitoring programs, everywhere the same result. I carried it under warranty to Lenovo. And then the most interesting thing began: They ran diagnostics and said that there was a problem with the video card, like they could not put a driver on it, and in general they would change the entire motherboard to a new one. They put it in and said everything was fine. I came to check, and .. nothing has changed. The processor is warming up and warming up. Launching the browser causes temperature jumps up to 100 degrees.
They took it back for diagnostics, reset the settings to factory settings, ran a couple of tests and said they didn't know what it was. Like this is something software / bios, since everything is fine with hardware. But they do not know what it is, and how to solve it, and they will write to China in the general office.
I'm thinking, what the hell? Is it possible that the official, huge SC cannot cope with this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on this?
PS On Lenovo there is such a Lenovo Bridge program that monitors hardware and programs on devices. So, even before replacing the motherboard, she wrote that the fan could not be found on the device. I reported this the first time, and the second one too, but the SC said that the fans were working. Although this program does not find them, and they are not in the device manager. Help guys, sorry for a lot of letters. Who needs it, there are more screenshots and videos of temperature measurements.
78 Comments
Sort by:
O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Ryazancev
Where did you find the August 18 version? On the official website, the latest version is for J2CN40WW 12 May 2022

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Origami NY
https://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/downloads/ds549277-bios-update-for-windows-10-64-bit-legion-5-pro-16ach6h-legion-5-15ach6h-lenovo- legion-5-17ach6h
It is necessary to write the model in full. I have no idea what your model is exactly called.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Ryazancev
Legion 5 Pro 16IAH7H Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82RF

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Origami NY
Indeed so. You know what's weird. I can not download from this site and the version is only for Windows 11.
1. Have you tried to adjust the modes with the utility, as in the video that I threw?
2. Windows There are power modes - processor power management.
There are 2 options
1. Either the turntables work poorly
or
2. High voltage per cent.
3. Crooked BIOS - unlikely, but ...

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Ryazancev
1. switched modes, hybrid, balance, productive all to no avail.
2. when the turbo boost was still on, the fans worked like an airplane, the sound and air flow were powerful. Xs is it
important
? that all components are updated.

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Origami NY
It looks like point 3. It's a
pity that Lenovo does not have a BIOS archive. Look online for an old BIOS. Ask a question on w3bsit3-dns.com. Might help.
Is there anything interesting in the BIOS itself (UEFAI)?
Who advised you to buy Lenova? There is simply no support. Insane company in this regard. I've never seen anything worse. In terms of maintainability, it is also an outsider, with their black compound.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Ryazancev
Ryazancev wrote:
Is there anything interesting in the BIOS itself (Uefay)?
what is uefi and how to check?

Ryazancev wrote:
Who advised you to buy Lenova? There is simply no support. Insane company in this regard. I've never seen anything worse. In terms of maintainability, it is also an outsider, with their black compound.
reviews

P
Pirat13666 03.09.22

Ryazancev
And what to buy now? Asus also has problems with overheating all the time. HP - generally muddy guys. MSI sucks by definition, enough for a couple of years and that's it. Dream mashies are noisy and have problems with screens. Gigabyte filled up all service centers. Dell and their Alienware are not convincing, they clearly have a contract with nasa. Apple is a good assembly and in general, but the task with the advent of m1 was denied from the boot camp, which means goodbye to the game. You need to choose a laptop strictly according to the parameters and make sure that the processor is not prohibitively powerful. If he bought with i7 11800H then there would be no such problems now. In any case, there are no miracles.

X
X_ray_83 03.09.22

Origami NY
Here is a service center with an analysis, yes, it's just Lenovo Legion 5, but the Ryzen 5800H processor burned out due to cooling, since 45-50W is a lot for such slag cooling!

X
X_ray_83 03.09.22

Pirat13666
Dell, in principle, has the best cooling since there is an oblong part with radiators that removes heat from the case! So now Asus still does it, but in very expensive models.

X
X_ray_83 03.09.22

Pirat13666
In general, here is such a coolness for Dell Alienware X17 with 3080Ti to make it clear!

L
Len4ik00N 03.09.22

Origami NY
Origami NY wrote:
So the fact of the matter is that in all their tests it is in perfect condition.
So, when they have a laptop, the temperatures do not jump and are not as high as yours? Or their tests are to drive YouTube for half a day and look at the board, and then, if there are no reboots, nothing burned / fell off, then the laptop is “ideally”, but do not care about the rest?))
Origami NY wrote:
I spoke about return, this is possible after a response from the main ones, then they will send it back to the store
First: a return is possible under other conditions / circumstances (I advise you to at least take an interest in the law on consumer protection - you will understand much better what should be done, and in what is the seller / ss "cunning"
Secondly: since you have not yet rejected the option of returning / exchanging / warranty repair of the laptop, then try not to lose the warranty out of the blue: be patient and do not touch the laptop once again (maximum, you can change the BIOS version using proprietary software) - voltage manipulation (even reduction) can already be used as a reason to deny the guarantee.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

X_ray_83 If
I knew where I would fall, I would put a pillow. Now I understand.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Len4ik00N
I don’t touch anything, I just turned off the turbo boost, yesterday I drove the Witcher 3 on ultras in 2k and with new HD textures, then 60 frames are stable, the temperature is 81 video cards, the processor is 87. But today they wrote me again with the SC, they were patted on the head by Lenovo, they they ask you to bring it back for repair.
Let's see what happens, I gave them until Friday. By the way, this is not happening in Russia, but in Germany. if anyone is interested

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Ryazancev
Today the SC wrote again, they ask to bring it for inspection, after Lenovo probably called them

L
Len4ik00N 03.09.22

Origami NY
Origami NY wrote:
I don't touch anything, I just turned off the turbo boost, yesterday I drove the Witcher 3 on ultras in 2k and with new HD textures, then 60 frames are stable, the temperature is 81 video cards, the processor is 87
If it were the same with turbo boost, then, in in principle, the norms (there is a reserve to critical temperatures), but it would still be impossible to call the laptop cold, but 80+ degrees without turbo boost
... when you pick it up, make sure they fix the problem... but not by turning off the turbo boost ;) Origami NY wrote: By the way, this doesn't happen in Russia, but in Germany. if anyone is interested

Couldn’t they write this a little earlier?)) Although they should also have laws for such situations, and it won’t be superfluous to know them, since they are faced with this anyway

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Origami NY
Good luck. With a very high probability they will fix this Soft jamb.

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Pirat13666
I did not understand about Dell and NASA. Explain.

P
Pirat13666 03.09.22

Ryazancev
NASA is one of the controls for our Illuminati terrarium. Recently, their propaganda has already got. She drips from all the cracks. Dell with their alien symbol is just regular nasa propaganda, just like all the movie studio badges at the start of so many movies. https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown,_Werner_von One of the main villains from nasa. In our time, they are developing biological, tectonic and climatic weapons. It is they who are behind the technology for creating artificial clouds (chemtrails) in our park.

O
Origami NY 03.09.22

Len4ik00N
The buyer protection law is approximately the same in the Russian Federation and the EU. If they don't fix it, I'll force them to send it back. In the SC, nihilists work here, but they may already be moving, but they themselves got in touch.
I'll turn the turbo back on, of course. And yes, I agree, if such temperatures were with him, it's still okay.