3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Regudi 20.08.22 09:16 pm

FPS drops in games and the system slows down

Laptop characteristics:
Intel Core i3 10th 2 cores Nvidia
Geforce MX330 2gb
8gb ram
256gb ssd RAM is not clogged, the processor is 60%, I checked the status of the ssd, it is normal. The system does not rest anywhere. There are no hardcore processes. Scanned several times for viruses by Windows Defender and Malwarebytes in normal and safe mode. After 2 minutes of these lags, everything returns to normal. What could it be and how to fix it?

4 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 20.08.22

Regudi
8 gigs of opera is not enough at the present time.
Intel Core i3 10th is the full name of the processor in the studio, but if there are 2 cores and 4 logical ones, then I'm sorry, for a game a 2-core processor is also not enough at the present time if you don’t play modern games.
Nvidia Geforce MX330 what is it for gaming at all?, rather not, it will fit purely for work, not for games.

C
ClearSkyForUs 20.08.22

Regudi wrote:
After 2 minutes of these lags everything is back to normal.
Obviously it's overheating. 90 degrees is a lot. The laptop has an overheating protection and it goes into protection.
If someone out there somewhere said that "90 degrees is not much", then this is complete nonsense.
For most PC / laptop components, 90 degrees is the pre-maximum temperature (yes, they will survive at such a temperature, but how long will they last under such conditions?), And for some it is even critical, so sooner or later you will have your laptop with such temperatures and actions break.
V-sync in games can help a little with overheating. Or a physical limitation of fps in games through some kind of Afterburner. Well, look where the laptop has holes for blowing in / blowing out air, and make sure that they "breathe" freely.
And be sure to power mode in the system parameters: "maximum performance".

M
Macroless 04.09.22

Judging by the hardware, this laptop is now summer. So this is normal throttling. That is, the percentage drops its frequencies for cooling. As an option, try to raise the air intake part or buy a stand for better air injection and test in a cold environment (such as a bathroom, turning on a cold shower for a while)

P
Protocol10 04.09.22

Regudi
Do not be offended, but iron is full of shit in terms of characteristics. This is from the same series, to want to win the World Rally Championship on a dead penny.