3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dam-mad 08.10.22 07:19 pm

Question about replacing the textures of flags, inscriptions

Good afternoon! Does anyone know how to replace the textures in the game with their own? For example, I want to change the flag to another, some inscriptions to others, as I understand it, these are ordinary images stored somewhere in dat files, how can I open and find them?
I would be grateful for any information - links to forums and other things.
7 Comments
Sort by:
A
ArXangel_ann 08.10.22

dam-mad wrote:
these are regular images,
these are NOT regular images - these are textures created for a specific engine.
To get them from the game files, you need tools. To translate into a format that can be edited at home on your computer, you need tools. To repackage them so that the game can see them, you need... guess what? Right, tools. They are not freely available.
Then come up with your own answer.

d
dam-mad 08.10.22

01001000 01101001
Taste in my opinion, who cares, the 4th is cool but they are all monotonous, cardboard enemies are equally stupid boring spaces from task to task, but in some ways it is attractive, I also like Arma Old Man - I played the crown in quarantine - I went very much, but she will be more serious, and this one is so distracted from the hassle to rest ..

d
dam-mad 08.10.22

ArXangel_ann
Boobs (mod with nudity) also made by the developers on closed instruments? Or did someone get the tools or bypassed the restrictions and did it?
Usually everything is pretty simple, no one will come up with a new file format, a new archiver, new editors for making textures, everything is done, for example, in Photoshop, paintner, and then it is already transferred to the engine format, but even there they hardly invented the "wheel"
Hypothetically, it’s to fit in and replace the files under the same name .. but you’re right, you need to open it with something and then pack it, so I’m wondering if it can be done, and if so, how, someone got confused with boobs, it’s certainly cool but not the ultimate dream.
And why so abruptly ?

A
ArXangel_ann 08.10.22

dam-mad It
's one thing to prescribe in the data not to use something that is in the game (remove clothes from models, for example) and quite another to CHANGE something, which is also compressed and packed, and has its own format (and no, it's not png, jpg and not even dds most likely).
If you don't understand the difference, then I have bad news for you. Good luck with paint XD

F
File Crasher 08.10.22

dam-mad
FCBConverter required
https://downloads.fcmodding.com/others/fcbconverter/

d
dam-mad 08.10.22

FileCrasher
Thank you I will study

d
dam-mad 08.10.22

ArXangel_ann
Thank you for your valuable opinion and polite answer (and they could have sent me somewhere) XD
For me, it is difficult to find lines in the code responsible for not using something, and lines to use one instead of the other is equally difficult, but using a special format archiving which is not freely available - generally space. It's just that the files they worked with - most likely in the usual format before converting and archiving, but how to find and change them and is it possible at all - I asked about this, thanks. At the moment, I understand that there are no ways at my level of knowledge.