3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sasha Pugovkin 09.10.22 07:28 pm

Hardcore or not straining? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hi all! Who plays on the level "To the death!" straightaway? On the first playthrough. And who is not "to death!", why?
58 Comments
Sort by:
r
rodiane 09.10.22

He immediately began to play to death, went along the path of potions. In principle, nothing complicated. Sometimes you have to take out opponents with an icon of skulls, and that's where it's hard.

r
rodiane 09.10.22

Played 80+ hours and only 18lvl

I
I3ender 09.10.22

Alxmo
I don't want to become a nerd, and spend millions of time and effort on hit-and-roll fights.
Yes, you haven't tried other types of difficulty, and that's why you say so. The point of playing at a high (especially the highest) is that you can hardly call everyone on difficult levels, and therefore you have to use dodges, and oils, and signs, and bombs and a crossbow. From this, the combat stops not as dull-nerd as you say, but rather interesting, because you use a lot of things except the left mouse button)) It’s sad just to call everyone on the middle))

R
Refresh2002 09.10.22

GrYnT101
Yes, if there was a 3rd wave and without an autosave in front of it, but many would have lost their nerves))) When I beat off the second one, I was already without healing elixirs and food. It was much easier for the healer, since he completed this quest already at level 12, and he was like for 8

S
SaDaR 09.10.22

I go through all the games at maximum difficulty, in principle, and the Witcher is no exception. Why? Yes, because the game is revealed to the fullest.
Here's an example for you just from mass effect - on easy, no one bothers about the types of cartridges they shoot, skills work on all types of enemies. Well, that's not interesting either!
So in the witcher - as planned, all the creatures that the witchers encounter are very strong and aggressive. Well, what a thrill to bring them down with 1-2 hits, it turns out here that the witchers would not be needed, the peasants would have jammed them
:) a mistake and that's it, count from 1 hit the creature brings down :)

G
GarretSSS 09.10.22

Sasha Pugovkin
So I didn't write about the zadrotstvo of hardcore players. It's just that in order to play on hard, you need to apply strength and skill, have nerves of steel when replaying one mission several times. I have no such desire
PS People at medium levels also use stones, gear, elixirs)))

A
Ashur1 09.10.22

I played on the easiest difficulty, because the plot is more important, and there is not much time - the age is not the same) But I would not say that the game turns into a click. For example, the ghosts of Midday and Midnight - even if you are at least level 30, and they are level 15, you still have to sweat. And Eredin? Even at the easiest difficulty level, I had to tinker with him, I'm scared what is happening to him at a high))

S
Sasha Pugovkin 09.10.22

SaDaR
Here it is!
"Well, what a thrill to bring them down with 1-2 hits, it turns out here and the witchers would not be needed, they would have been jammed by the peasants :)"
This is the most important (in my opinion) roleplaying. You are the Witcher! Mutant created to kill monsters and protect people. People do not have your reaction, strength, knowledge, immunity, etc. I was asked on the stream "Where is the money to farm or free food?" Damn, you're a witcher e-my!)) Go to the forest, here's the farm for you. Waved the sword through the night of game time and sold all the trophies. Here's money and food for you) I generally took the "Sun and Stars" for lvl 6, when I realized that you can't get enough food on hard) It is on hard that Gerald becomes a witcher. For it will not work even to pick up a drowned man with a pitchfork.)) It's not even hardcore that matters here. Namely, the realization that the Witcher is needed!))

M
Mk-LI 09.10.22

GrYnT101
Thank you. I didn't even think :). I thought, as usual, the complexity of the stratum is selected. I'll try to raise "pain and suffering".

Even on average I managed to die once - I stuck my head in a cave to hell with a difference of 6 levels. Another little sword was lousy, and without oil. I almost extinguished the devil, but once I didn’t have time to dodge and got it, even the quen didn’t help

A
Alxmo 09.10.22

I3ender,
even on the middle one, it’s impossible to stupidly call everyone) the opponents are still made in a variety of ways, and this pleases, each needs a separate technique
Sasha Pugovkin didn’t want to call anyone and offend anyone) it’s just that every hardcore player is a little zar, you won’t accomplish a feat the first time without straining)

S
Sasha Pugovkin 09.10.22

Alxmo
That's the buzz, so that the first time. Here the principle of Dark Souls is not just to die, but to die out of inexperience. Enemies grow lvl, hp, strength, but not tactics. If the golem is slow at lvl 8, it will be the same at lvl 30. After the griffin and 25 wipes on the kurolisk, I figured out how to shoot them down with a crossbow)) I went to Triss lvl 13, filled up the lvl 18 basilisk. No problem at all. From the 1st time) With elixirs, quen, jumping behind your back. If in your concept a bully is a player analyzing his mistakes, then I have nothing against)

A
Alxmo 09.10.22

Sasha Pugovkin
Well, it's all about tactics. I see no reason to bring down the enemy of 333 lvl, if he differs from the 8th only in the amount of health, and, accordingly, the duration of the battle. But on the same medium, you have the task of adapting to the enemy without dying (which is more good for RPG role-playing), and on high - throwing your corpses until you get used to it) and the zadr is a player who sets himself an inflated goal and sweats over it, ignoring the rest. There is a DC for zadrs, there is a maximum emphasis on this and there is a world there, although it is quite developed, but the plot, characters, etc. doesn't shine. And in The Witcher - a story that you want to hear. And difficulty can be a highlight, but not a wall you have to break through.

M
Metalist1925 09.10.22

at the penultimate level. Playing lower makes no sense. Very easy. This witcher is the easiest.
And they made me sweat: a griffin and a gargoyle. Gargoyle in general) all the equipment was broken, igni was frying) and at that moment, there was a feeling that I was in the world of 'Dark Souls'

S
Sasha Pugovkin 09.10.22

Alxmo
Metalist1925
Yesterday I just downloaded DS 2 in order to try it in contrast) Firstly, in DS the character does not have the state "in battle", hence he is clumsy, like a felt boot. Secondly, the limitation of items by stats, i.e. the magician simply will not be able to raise a two-handed sword even at lvl 70)). And thirdly, the enemies there do not have a zone of action, i.e. if sagril, you need to fight. But! Enemies are always in their places. In general, different igruhi) It's silly to compare them) Maybe I'll even make a vidos about this ...
And ... Alxmo Inflated
goals for whom? Inflated goals from whose point of view? It turns out that Hussein Bolt is a nerd, since he sets a goal - gold at 4 Olympic Games. I am sure that for this purpose he sweats, not paying attention to the rest)

A
Alxmo 09.10.22

Sasha Pugovkin
As for DS, I know all this myself, I played a little. the limitation of clothes is removed here, since everything is done purely for Geralt, and again, he should not use only one thing, he is a generalist) And in general, this is a rather strange toy, everything is not like people have)
And Bolt - yes, really zadr ) And he has inflated goals compared to the average person who does not even strive to get to the Olympic Games, not to mention a medal. But before you accuse me of being just such an average "dull" person, ask yourself: are you yourself the Bolt of the gaming world? And what is the purpose of the game?

l
lewe0fun 09.10.22

DS calmly goes through the first level, right there, due to the fatness of monsters of very high levels and the limitations of guns in level, this is almost impossible ....
PS I play "to the death" because the battles are more beautiful ... I have to think ... every battle is like in trailer...

S
Sasha Pugovkin 09.10.22

I0PuK
DS does not pass the first level. It's because of the limitation in the stats. The whole point of pain in DC is that you lose souls when you die. And souls are needed to swing. If the DS had gone through the first level, no one would have bothered about these souls)
Ps I didn’t see a single fight in the trailer. Why is he?

l
lewe0fun 09.10.22

Sasha Pugovkin
git gut