3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 09.10.22 08:58 pm

Play as: Mage or Warrior (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Here is my problem. I don't know how to start playing. It seems to be a pleasure to destroy enemies as a warrior, but both are off. dlc are imprisoned for a magician. But under the magician there are few good mods. Only Apocalypse and spells from Disonord. But the Apocalypse requires SKSE, and I will not put it on principle. So what to do? Help with advice, who played whom, and who likes it more. Just please answer with reason.

PS: Do not offer an assassin, a thief and an archer, because there is no interesting gameplay for them, but for me, at least.
43 Comments
Sort by:
S
StrelokRuS29 09.10.22

Marquess
Character selection at the start of the game determines the starting bonus to profile skills. Since the bonus is negligible, there is no critical choice from this, except for the racial skill. Play as anyone. What you use in battle will grow. To make the growth of all skills faster, you can find and activate the lover's ritual stone in the game.

a
arah 09.10.22

As the game progresses, you will decide who to be. I started the game several times and for different craftsmen, but all the same eventually switched to a warrior. According to this conclusion, a warrior is closer to me. Now the Persian is essentially a warrior-thief 90 lvl))

M
Marquess 09.10.22

StrelokRuS29

what about the gameplay? I wrote about off DLC, that both are imprisoned for a magician. And the gameplay of the original game, what is the bias? After all, it is possible that the gameplay for a warrior is much worse developed than for a magician, and vice versa. What do you say here?

G
GONE TO DTF 09.10.22

But there are few good mods for the mage.
One of the most famous SkyRE rebalances makes the mage an interesting class, adding normal perks and new spells. and for wars there are also norms. adds different branches for different weapons - katan, sabers, etc. In short, the norms of rebalancing. from the author, a new Perkus Maximus um mod has now been released. but there are pure feathers.
never played war - the most boring, as for me. run crash.
in 90% of cases I play a thief with a dagger and a bow.

The Apocalypse requires SKSE, but I won’t put
it on principle. What kind of strange principle is this? what's wrong with scx? given that any serious mods require it.
I threw it in a folder, made a shortcut and forgot it.

in general, with console commands, you can try both.

n
nestrbob 09.10.22

Marquess
There is no sharpening for a magician or a warrior in the game - all this is the fantasy of the players. Your task is to move along the plot and destroy enemies, and how to do it is up to you, if you want magic - if you want with a sword or bow, you can even fight with your fists (here's a new specialization for you Brawler).

S
Strepsils_Masondosa 09.10.22

The fight in Skyrim is too ridiculous and not convenient (it would be like in Risen it would be better) so it’s better for a magician and you don’t have to spend money on shmok in the forge

M
Marquess 09.10.22

lookaway

is such a principle. I don't have mods that require SCSE, and because of one apocalypse, it makes no sense to put.

G
GONE TO DTF 09.10.22

Marquess
every 5th mod requires skse, it costs 200 pieces already

M
Marquess 09.10.22

lookaway

and how is your skyrim? Are there any bugs? From such a number of mods did not die?

G
GONE TO DTF 09.10.22

Marquess
has no bugs, I put everything according to the instructions, I organize everything.
crashes sometimes, but nothing can be done about it.

the main thing there is not to layer (except for textures, but here you need to understand what exactly you are replacing). that is, do not put a ragdoll, change the skeleton on top and another change on the skeleton on top, while partially overwriting all this. or how one guy in the comments under my blog said that the lighting mods are buggy and I did not check them. Laid out the boot order, and he activated them all at the same time.
and sure. You MUST use a mod manager.

l
leon300696 09.10.22

The mechanics of fighting with 2 hands in the game works great. Is always. Everywhere. This is best shown when playing as a mage. In the beginning, it is certainly more difficult for them. Then it's easier. I advise illusion + witchcraft (a bunch of small ones with your dremora, golem and enemies on top of each other, and you look at this miracle in invisibility) or destruction + restoration (banal fireballs, barriers and heals). Altmer is the most for a magician (although not essential). True, now there are a LOT of excellent mods for armor and weapons, which is lost for a pure magician, however, there is also interesting magic, dressing gowns are there. The main thing is that there was an enchantment. You can witchcraft + change + one-handed (two-handed). You conjure an ax (sword, ax), armor and into battle! More paralysis can be added. Excellent build. Over time (and level), you can combine all these builds. During the war, everything is really simpler and a little more boring. Stealth is yes interesting only in some locations and effective only with the last skill (or illusion). But the secretive archer is always quite interesting. Bows can be combined with witchcraft by the way. Calling a golem and a bow called and helping remotely. Hope it helped.

M
Marquess 09.10.22

leon300696 I

can't imagine an archer going to the middle (or middle) to the enemies at all. In general, archers are placed on high-rises (there are different hills, mountains) in order to fire at the approaching enemy. Or on the castle walls. But not headlong rushing to the crowds of draugrs, for example. so the archer disappears, even in invisibility if.

S
StrelokRuS29 09.10.22

Marquess
There is no strict gameplay. You build it yourself on the basis of what you apply well. Personally, I played more using the side of the warrior. DLS never touched.

B
BenziLLLa 09.10.22

The game for mages is not sharpened at all, because: there is almost no stealth magic, while bows and daggers do several times more damage due to the use of invisibility, such a chip does not work with magic; combat magic cannot be strengthened "on a workbench"; you can also get healed and buffed with the help of potions, which, moreover, can also be sold, but magic cannot be sold; you can only learn new magic with the help of books that are hard to find and expensive to buy, but new types of armor and weapons can be learned by leveling up.
Directly on the battlefield, the mage, as a support, would be very useful to other players ... who are not here, because the game is a single player.

K
Kyuubi 09.10.22

Play as a warrior, otherwise a pure magician cannot survive in the game.

C
CONSTAN 92 02 09.10.22

Marquess
I like the Battle Mage as a class in the game in tes 4, he was relevant. But in tes 5 these classes like mage, warrior, and thief just don't exist. Personally, I use the assassin mage archer in tes 5 - since I don’t care who to play with if my priority is stealth and illusion.
Kyuubi
Survival is possible if invocation and destruction are practiced along with healing. In addition, there are a couple of spells in the game that make pumping in the game faster.

B
BenziLLLa 09.10.22

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Potions are applied instantly, unlike magic. Sometimes, this is very important.

D
DaylenDunmer 09.10.22

Kyuubi are
talking nonsense, I passed all TES from 1 to 5 as a pure magician (I even stop wearing daggers from the middle of the game)

D
DaylenDunmer 09.10.22

BenziLLLa
what prevents pumping alchemy playing a magician and carrying potions with you

d
droid343 09.10.22

And who is closer to you: a magician or a warrior? My brother and I also argued on this issue. He is drawn to magicians. And I like warriors. They are simply believable.