3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22 10:00 pm

The drop in GHz in the system. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hi all. I came across a problem in the game The Witcher 3. After I turn on the game and all the splash screens go through and they give me character control, the processor frequency drops from 3.18GHz to 1.17GHz, what should I do? tell me how to solve this.
Here is my system:
Video card nVidia GeForce GT740M -2GB
Processor INTEL i5-3230M
RAM 6 GB
Latest drivers 352.86
Reinstalled Windows—didn't help.
In the power supply, I set it to Maximum performance - it did not help.
20 Comments
Sort by:
s
seffko 09.10.22

I was helped by full screen mode or vice versa in a window (no frame)

E
ExModern 09.10.22

Most likely, the cooling system cannot cope with such a load, and therefore the processor lowers its frequencies and TDP. As a solution to the problem, disassembling the laptop, cleaning CO from dust and replacing thermal paste.

T
Tsyfrik 09.10.22

_D7FoLT_
I xs, but I have a question, through what did you see that you have 3.18, otherwise I reinstalled Windows - the program with the turbo boost disappeared and the percentage gives out only 2.8 (the same processor as yours) ??

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Tsyfrik, I saw through the task manager that my GHz was dropping. 3.18 gives out at the maximum power supply in the standard it gives out 2.6, and on energy saving it just gives out 1.7 GHz. I fried my laptop with aida 64.
Here are the test results:
CPU MIN 43, MAX 74, AVERAGE 69.5
CPU CORE#1 MIN 39, MAX 75, AVERAGE 67.8
CPU CORE#2 MIN 39, MAX 77, AVERAGE
68.1 minutes. According to the charts, everything was stable.
Maybe one of you who knows English will write to the developers about this problem. I really ask for help. 3 forums clambered nobody knows anything ((((
In battlefield-4 and GTA-5 there were no problems with the temperature in these games, it is even more than in The Witcher-3 by 5-10 degrees.
I waited for the game for a very long time, but the system failed or the developers made a mistake( Guys please help.

R
Romka Bakugan 09.10.22

PPC, you still offer to replace the brain, and the plow between the steering wheel and the seat

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Full screen mode and in a frameless window did not help me (

R
Romka Bakugan 09.10.22

_D7FoLT_
and where did you get the idea that the laptop is designed for a comfortable game

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Did I write that my laptop is ideal for the characteristics of the game? I had a problem with the frequency and I do not know what to do and decided to ask people for help in this problem. As I wrote above, everything is fine with my temperature, but for some reason GHz drops, although this has not happened in more than one game. I'll clean my laptop from dust later, but I don't think it will help.

T
Tsyfrik 09.10.22

_D7FoLT_ is
unlikely, if it's normal with GTA5, but with the witcher, dust and old thermal paste are to blame)) on my (exactly the same) processor, the frequency rises to 2.7 during the game, although it should (if you take the maximum processor) to 3.2 .. it seems to me this is all optimization, try to update ALL firewood through some kind of startup program and compare, maybe it will help

A
Alexey Chichigin 09.10.22

The fact that you were able to launch and even play The Witcher gives me hope.

T
Tsyfrik 09.10.22

Alexey Chichigin
I twisted everything to zero, rummaged through the ini files, but I, bitch, was able to make it not lag and consistently give out 25 frames))

S
Saints Russia 09.10.22

Switch to old firewood from GTA 5, witcher firewood is terribly buggy, today I rolled back and I play all the rules without problems

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Tsyfrik, Drava downloaded all the new ones using DriverPack Solution of the latest version, not online, but the FULL version.
Drava from nvidia is unlikely to help, it's in the processor. I cleaned the laptop from dust, but alas, it didn’t help ((I’ll try to reinstall the nvidia driver, but only after 3-4 hours, I’m sitting on the phone wi-fi)

T
Tsyfrik 09.10.22

_D7FoLT_
maybe somewhere there was a failure and the percentage thinks that the Witcher is an ancient application and allocates only one logical core to it ??))

V
VOX93 09.10.22

PC is too weak for this game.

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Tsyfrik reinstalling firewood to the old ones for GTA did not help
Xtreme1993 ahahahah do you seriously think that I have a computer)))))))))) look at the characteristics one more time)))))) Well, or go here http://www. dns-shop.ru/catalog/i175282/?driver_action=insert#
And yes, I already wrote a little higher about THIS)))

R
Romka Bakugan 09.10.22

_D7FoLT_
try turning off energy saving and turning on synchronization for each core in the BIOS, you look and it will cure

R
Renox 09.10.22

Xtreme1993
Leave the thread. Your brain is weak.
Author, you have throttling. The Witcher somehow roasts laptop hardware. A friend finished playing that his chip fell off. Clean your laptop from dust, buy a cooling pad, play in the fridge, wait until they fix it.

_
_D7FoLT_ 09.10.22

Thanks to everyone for the advice, especially Xtreme1993)))) By the way, about the refrigerator, I haven’t tried it yet) The laptop didn’t clean from dust. I was looking for off. The Witcher website wanted to state the problem there, so I didn’t find it (I’m waiting for a patch ... I tried just to turn off energy saving in the BIOS, but I didn’t find this function.

L
Leonn_24 09.10.22

laptop and the Witcher 3, don't tell me turn off
the energy saving in the bios, but it's unlikely that you will be able to play comfortably on such hardware