3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22 01:39 pm

Reassignment of keys \"W\" or up arrow to \"Crel\", where to register it?? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Guys, as I understand that in the game settings there is no reassignment of the movement keys ... and it’s not convenient for me to play with my feet (arms are paralyzed) if the movement forward is not on "Ctrl". If anyone knows where you can write-change "W" or "Up Arrow" to "Ctrl", please tell me.
22 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kahran Ramsus 13.10.22

So, in the Documents there is a The Witcher 3 folder. The input.settings file is what we need. At random, you need to change all IK_W to IK_LControl. and IK_LControl to another unused key. I do not guarantee performance, so make a backup of the file. Try it, if it doesn't work out, let us know.

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

KoranRazmus
Thanks for the advice, but .... did not help. I first checked if there were any lines with IK_LControl... Then I replaced all IK_Up with IK_LControl - it didn't help. I returned everything back and did the same thing with IK_W, the same result, the key that I remove is disabled, and the left Ctrl does not work

a
airstorm 13.10.22

SwedovSandr
I wanted to reassign a number of keys , I fiddled with input.settings for a long time - to no avail . I read on one forum that I need to edit the input.xml file. In the Panels section, change "locked" to "unlocked" . There were no details. I didn't understand anything there. Try it yourself at random ... you can unlock the purpose of all the keys.

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

airstorm
there is no such file in the game ... everything was covered ....... this is apparently the advice of the witcher 2

a
airstorm 13.10.22

In the folder with the game (I have The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt) binconfigr4gameuser_config_matrixpc
This file is located there. ;)

K
Kahran Ramsus 13.10.22

Yes, there is such a file there, but it determines which keys are displayed in the manual. I'll try to poshamanit when the time appears and unsubscribe about the results.

a
airstorm 13.10.22

KoranRazmus
Poshaman there :) I just don't know anything about it, and I don't know languages ​​either.
If I find on other forums how to change this control, I'll throw it off for you;)

A
Alex Fishan 13.10.22

you can change the buttons in the game through input.settings which is located in
C:Usersyour-user-nameDocumentsThe Witcher 3
More details here http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/how-to-rebind -keys-in-witcher-3/

K
Kahran Ramsus 13.10.22

Aleks Fishan
Wow, everything is the same, written by me above, only in English -_-

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

Aleks Fishan
This method does not work for replacing movement keys. Although the left Ctrl is highlighted in the tutorial? but when pressed, nothing happens.
airstorm
I checked your info. Replacing all locked with unlocked in the Panels section of the input.xml file, only removes the locks from the lower actions and, the ability to put other keys on them, BUT, those keys that were under the locks remain locked (in any case, the release of the Enter key from actions, didn’t let me assign it to another action in the game itself)

In short, if this problem with remapping the keys is not solved, the purchased game will be covered with a copper basin for me.......... :(
If I find a solution to the problem, I will definitely post here.

K
Kahran Ramsus 13.10.22

SwedovSandr
It's impossible to solve the problem with impertinence. as a temporary option, I recommend using the Autohotkey program.

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

KoranRazmus There's
nothing to do... I'll try. The idea is good. Thanks

a
airstorm 13.10.22

KoranRazmus
I've been trying to bind movement keys with a similar method for almost a day (I'm talking about Autohotkey). True, I have a LuxeMate 525 keyboard, it has its own software, but the principle is the same. No result : W / S / A / D are tightly screwed :(
Maybe SwedovSandr will succeed ...

v
vitovt-d 13.10.22

SwedovSandr
airstorm
GlovePIE will help you, all my life I reassign any keys to it.
Download here glovepie.org/GlovePIE045Free.zip
The script will be: w=ctrl

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

airstorm
I did everything in Autohotkey. sample script LControl::Up Just create a txt file, write the necessary scripts there, then upload this file to the Cpnvert.ahk application (it is installed with Autohotkey) via bowse, choosing the extension all files? then click on conwert/ and you will create an echhe file that you will run when you need it and the reassignments will work

a
airstorm 13.10.22

Thanks to all . Now I'm downloading a new patch for the game and I'll shaman with programs :)

a
airstorm 13.10.22

vitovt-d
Thanks, I confess, I tried to get what I wanted in GlovePIE. Nothing happened :(. Either I didn’t understand it well, or my keyboard is buggy (I have it with built-in memory for macros, but even with my software it works through a stump-deck)
KoranRazmus
Thank you :) Autohotkey worked for me, I got it, What do you want .
SwedovSandr
I made it easier: I wrote it in a txt file like
q::a
a::q
, etc. etc. After that, I saved and renamed the file from txt to ahk. Didn't convert anything. Stupidly launched received "from the administrator" and all the cases.

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

airstorm
Hurrah! Finally added almost fully customizable controls

a
airstorm 13.10.22

SwedovSandr
Almost? I reassigned everything there as I wanted. Are there any keys that are not remapped?

S
Swedov Sandr 13.10.22

airstorm
Unfortunately... Ctrl is still not valid for moving forward :)