3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Brando9 13.10.22 02:52 pm

Video card or northbridge?

Hi guys! I've been tinkering for 4 days now and I can't figure out what the problem is. The computer freezes in games, otherwise it works perfectly.
So after a lot of torment, reinstalling Windows, connecting / disconnecting HDD / SSD, I found that either the video card or the north bridge is overheating.
I run AIDU64, check the stress test all together, after 5 minutes it freezes completely and after rebooting A disk read error occurred on a black background. Rebooted several times, still this inscription. Only after the computer has rested for about 5 minutes, Windows starts.

Then I start the stress test all separately, the percent is in order, the disks are in order, the memory is in order, but the video card hangs the computer at 67 degrees.
Guys, how to understand the inscription A disk read error occurred, it most likely does not see the disk in it? If it does not see the SSD, then what does the video card have to do with it? So it's the northbridge after all?

PS System in profile.
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

go look at the speed of the RAM memory, you see the processor
sata controllers on the south bridge, but most likely some kind of cord to the screw is to blame
for me, for example, periodically disappeared and appeared after rebooting the dvd, I bathed it a lot from this when the shitcomp started to pull games from the Internet and not from the disk there was a crumpled line.
but the video card at 67 degrees hangs the computer.
either she is preparing to go to paradise for video cards,
or from everything I read, I began to suspect the failure of the power supply unit

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.10.22

Brando9
Hard and additional power to vidyuhu connected through adapters?

B
Brando9 13.10.22

MunchkiN 616
And how to see how much the processor sees? The system shows that 8GB.

Den-z2011
SSD and HDD have separate cables straight from the PSU, vidyuhi also has 2 separate cables, no adapters

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

Video card symptoms are shorter.
the driver stopped working and
small artifacts were restored
with the power and voltage of the card, the card
freezes - the sound goes on,
everything freezes. the sound is either silent or the cop cyclically hiccups a short chunk of sound.
there is none of this and the card is not heated at 100 degrees.
with a clear problem with power supply and power supply - the computer turns off and reboots
when the north bridge is damaged from where, as I understand it, video cards grow in fhs - there will be fat artifacts with a deep violation of the game geometry.
for all that concerns memory and railway - I didn’t have a blue screen
ssd, so I don’t know what it is and how it explodes,
so I assume that the problem is in its power supply, overheating or cords.

B
Burrut 13.10.22

There was such a situation, since there was a second pci-express connector on the motherboard, I moved it into it and forgot about the problems for half a year. Then this computer just left my field of vision.

B
Brando9 13.10.22

MunchkiN 616
Yesterday I launched WoT (tanks), after 2 minutes of battle it hangs, the picture hangs, the sound freezes monotonously, and sometimes it was cyclical. And at that time I monitored the temperature, the vidyushka is 56C, this is not overheating

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

dig then with the drivers
, did the dependencies start after installing the firewood, etc.
if not, maybe the vidyuha is moving away, and maybe the bp doesn’t give out, I
advise you to put a 3d mark on the gang and 3d mark 2014 (chtoli) where such a thing is in a hoodie and potsons are waving over the lava. and a good game like sruzisa1 and arma 2 is possible. If there the card goes bubbles, then the problem is most likely somewhere in it. although I do not exclude something from the bp side. still not enough. you need 700-750 so that he does not sweat.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 13.10.22

Brando9
This is very similar to the gradual fall of the chip. Best of all - take and protest a computer with another video. Or put yours on another PC. If there is also - then it is obvious who the culprit is.