3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JCDenton 13.10.22 06:05 pm

Video card failure (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

A friend told me here, they say, people's cards are on fire if you play at transcendental quality. He spoke about the GTX 980.
What is it anyway? Never heard..
23 Comments
Sort by:
M
Metalist1925 13.10.22

Well, since my friend said...

F
Focus 13.10.22

My friend told you some nonsense, I play on the GTX 780 almost on ultra with Hairworks 40 fps with drawdowns up to 30 on average 35 fps is played and it doesn’t happen that bam and the video card burns out from playing on ultras, especially the GTX980 which does an excellent job with witcher on ultra.

L
Lucky Tox 13.10.22

There is only one solution:
Buy normal cooling (just normal, not a cooler for 90 r) and clean the fans from dust + change the paste.

p
playrad0 13.10.22

Nothing is burning, a friend is driving bullshit !!!

b
bosser2407 13.10.22

JCDenton
If bp is normal, then something can burn out only in the event of an initial marriage

T
TheReds1892 13.10.22

each video card has a threshold
if the video card does not have enough power to pull everything, then you set it in the settings; it can overheat and go off
for good reason, because there is protection against overheating

K
Kosh13 13.10.22

On unfortunate laptops they burn, yes. Still would not burn when the device is not used for its intended purpose.

a
anthropolog13 13.10.22

There is protection against overheating, it will not burn out, it will just turn off the computer

k
klas32658 13.10.22

the first game that roasts my old 7790 up to 95-100 degrees

J
JCDenton 13.10.22

Well, I also thought that it was some kind of nonsense)
I play on 970, everything is on the outrageous, I didn’t turn off anything, no compromises. Everything flies. And he started to drive something, they say, lower the settings ..
Thanks for the answers!

H
Hogan Hog 13.10.22

JCDenton
Something can burn, or rather melt ---- DVI input, my friend had it, he fixed the fan speed at too low speed for "cool" games, the vidyuha cut off only when the input burned out!
Anything can happen ....! As well as card manufacturers!

J
JCDenton 13.10.22

Ah, well, I didn't do any of that. As you put it, it's worth it)

V
Vinchi441 13.10.22

To clean the PC from dust, I would advise removing spaghetti from the ears (just kidding, don't take it as an insult)

D
Destroyer_26 13.10.22

Your friend doesn’t even understand what he’s talking about, don’t care to listen to everyone

K
Krechet79 13.10.22

"a friend said", "people's cards are on fire" ... - in short, the grandmother has her period !!!! Rave. Delete topic

d
dmir92 13.10.22

klas32658
dude, the problem is with your video card XD I have a maximum of 51 degrees Celsius. GTX 650

k
klas32658 13.10.22

dmir92
the joke is that only the witcher so fries any games at 70 max

S
SwedovSandr 13.10.22

Well, if you overclock the card and not skillfully change the cooling parameter, then naturally the KHAN card will be ... especially the middle class card, if EVERYTHING in the game is set to ultra

F
Flow4Master 13.10.22

Yes, it's true, that's all - Yesterday I tried to run fx 5600 on a working computer on a vidyuhi. So the computer first fell on its side (when the games entered the menu). How to load a new game started - the cooler on the card spun so that the card flew out of the system. block and, like a helicopter, flew on a spinning cooler to a neighboring office - there, on the way, it caught fire and lit the blinds - after all, three offices burned out, people barely managed to escape. I was fired from work as the culprit of the incident and promised to file a lawsuit. My wife kicked me out of the house - she threw a box with a Witcher disc. So I only had the Witcher from the property. The author does not repeat the mistakes. Don't start the game. You don't need it.

J
JCDenton 13.10.22

lol)))
And I already launched (((Damn, along the way, now someone else needs to launch it somehow .. Otherwise, the curse cannot be lifted.