3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
krrrwa 13.10.22 06:29 pm

The Witcher and Steam (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The last 2 parts have drawn clouds in Steam, I googled a bit and it seems that in games with clouds, saves are stored differently and they can’t seem to be deleted. so I decided to go through the game from part 1, but will the saves be used as a continuation of the previous parts? I hope you understand

11 Comments
Sort by:
D
Double Agent 13.10.22

Of course they will. A cloud means that your saves are copied to Steam servers and if you reinstall the game, even on Linux or Mac, they will not disappear anywhere. The game itself also stores them on your computer, as always.

T
TIGERblack 13.10.22

Rusik
Saves will be used, but if you delete the game without saving them somewhere at home, they will be rubbed.

a
anthropolog13 13.10.22

TIGERblacK
but they will remain in the Steam Cloud

T
TIGERblack 13.10.22

anthropolog13
I'm talking about the first part. It doesn't have a cloud.

K
Kosh13 13.10.22

In my Steam, the saves from the second part for the third were picked up directly from the cloud.

a
anthropolog13 13.10.22

TIGERblacK
Yes, sorry, I overlooked this a bit...
Kosh13
Didn't you have them on your computer?

K
Kosh13 13.10.22

anthropolog13
No... and for a long time. I went through the second Witcher once and did not install it again. Although many times I wanted to replay. Therefore, he himself was surprised when, when I clicked "import saves", he gave me a bunch of files from the cloud.

a
anthropolog13 13.10.22

Kosh13
And how could it be seen that they were loaded from the cloud? Because when I clicked import I didn't have any confirmation - successful or not.

K
Kosh13 13.10.22

Because I definitely don't have any saves left in the system. I played the game 3 years ago. SSD installed last spring. Tolerated nothing.
If the problem is with saves, then it's better to check if you have them at all. Run the second Witcher and see what it finds.

P
PIRAT69 13.10.22

Well, yes, it is checked by the installation, in general, the Steam Cloud is a wonderful thing. I remember playing the Shadows of Mordor, and there I finally had awesome runes, then I reinstalled Windows, of course everything was wiped ... But the game remained, then I installed Steam, went into the game voila ... Everything is in place, my entire profile ... Here I don’t argue this is a good thing ... Saves will always remain ... And at least you completely clear the computer, but the saves will be ...

G
Grotto 13.10.22

Who knows what kind of calm melody plays in Velen when you run through the fields, and is it the white garden in the village? There are also frequently repeated keys. I can't find it on the official soundtrack.