3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
niko.zvt 13.10.22 06:38 pm

Shooter from StarCraft, is it possible? (StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty)

Good day to all. I am a longtime fan of the StarCraft series, I went through all the parts several times. And once I thought - is it possible to make a shooter out of StarCraft? O_o I will say right away that all my friends, having heard this statement, were terribly surprised. How is it possible to turn one of the best RTS in the world into a shooter! Rave! Still, this question puzzled me - why not ?! Playing as an ordinary Terran paratrooper. Hmm, maybe that doesn't sound so crazy. Surely many people wanted to look at the battlefield from the 1st person. Participate in battles, fill up a couple - three zerg, so much so that there is more "meat". Having become interested in all this, I thought and believe that this idea can be put into practice. What are you asking? UDK - why not? The Unreal engine is quite up to the task. Because I've worked with this engine before, I think it's good ground. And yet, in order not to invent a bicycle, I want to hear the thoughts of the members of the forum. Write what you think about this. Tell me all the pros and cons in your opinion. Could this really be a bad idea?

PS: I really hope for constructive communication, and not for a bunch of squabbles and flooding. As well as phalosometry and finding out who has the cooler balls.
ZYY: I appeal to a respected shkolota, before you write "the topic is shit" and "in the furnace", first try to think about the thought and hold the bathert for later.
ZYYY: Sorry for offtopic. I think the moderator will make sure that there are no "showdowns" here. I propose that the guilty be hung up for a causal place and hit in the kidneys with rebar. (:
28 Comments
Sort by:
F
Frank4 13.10.22

Yes

S
St Methodius 13.10.22

Normul would have turned out... But Blizzard thought about it more than once...
And you can't hope for it, because Blizzard shelved this idea indefinitely back in 2006...

k
ksetttt 13.10.22

Maybe we’ll wait for a StarCraft shooter from the close ones, but it will be like this in 15 years, after Warcraft 4, Diablo 4, and StarCraft 3, as well as several add-ons for WWII.
And as for the creation by one's own efforts, as mentioned above, it is almost unrealistic - a lot of work.
In general, the idea is very cool.
Just imagine - you stand on the platform, you are charged under the article of murder with extreme cruelty, after a few seconds the platform lowers, your legs are clamped by metal pieces of iron and begin to put on a Terran suit (and all this is in the first person and you can turn your head around), finally the helmet is put on - the hp indicator appears and everything is in this style, then a black screen, the inscription 6 hours later, you are flying in a landing ship with the same prisoners as you, the commander explains the task, something in the style - Destroy the zerg uterus in the heart of the hive. You enter the atmosphere, zerg air defenses begin to fire, explosions of neighboring ships, yours lands successfully, gates open ... the screams of soldiers, fountains of blood, explosions, zerg growls, meat ... and all this with beautiful graphics, and under a bit of music. .. Yep, that's cool!

S
St Methodius 13.10.22

All this is not bad...
But Lineage 2 fans should play StarCraft Universe...

But I can't play it myself, because I can't find StarCraft Universe on the Internet...

F
FiniSHER13 13.10.22

Dr. Mefisto
A StarCraft Universe is not on the Internet. It is located in the shopping aisle in StarCraft 2.

S
St Methodius 13.10.22

FiniSHER13
Duc, he was not really released anyway.

z
zvezda4 13.10.22

niko.zvt
I think it's a good idea. I have long dreamed of shooting, wandering in the world of Starcraft. I can help a little with the plot.

Pros: the game should gain a lot of users (there are quite a lot of shooter fans among StarCraft players)
Cons: more developers are needed (it will be difficult to make maps, weapons, missions)

If you do it, then it is desirable to do it for several races. It is also desirable to make it possible to manage at least two combat units, so as not to get bored. This way there will be more fans.

v
valera.schepelev 13.10.22

I think the idea is not bad at all.