3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22 07:19 pm

Game Experience [Xbox 360] (Max Payne 3)

The toy has been surfing the net all day (And immediately in Russian), so we share our impressions about the game and, judging by the first of them, the new adventures of old Max were 100% successful.
68 Comments
Sort by:
g
gugu1313 13.10.22

Now I finished the game and I can only say one thing - amazing !!! I haven’t experienced such pleasure from games for a long time, apart from minor shortcomings, the game draws 9.5 points. The movie in which you participate is what could be more interesting?

C
Ctrl. alt. Delete. 13.10.22

went to the end of the game. Gorgeously done, the plot is rapidly developing, wonderful cutscenes. up to 10 almost falls short, but still cool.

H
HyperXStream 13.10.22

Who was interested in cartoons? The cartoon is peppy, a mixture of the cartoon RDR and GTA IV, slow-mo is turned on for everyone at once on a certain section of the map, the maps are normal, the customization of the Persian is the same as in GTA, in general, playing cartoon 4-ki and RDR'a nothing really new, but sometimes You can run, a couple of hours was enough for me, it doesn’t pull anymore. And there are no such beautiful moments as in trailers, everyone just runs without slow-mo and knocks each other in the back -_-

S
Sergi0 13.10.22

the multiplayer is just awesome, today was the first event with the developers, we even managed to chat and thank you for the wonderful game

A
Ambience 13.10.22

Passed with a sidekick. 8/10.
First, what I didn't like.
1) Shelter. I understand that consoles and all that, but on the PC they will ruin the game.
2) Autosaves. Hope to add random saves in PC version.
3) Max is kind of grayish and unopened. That is, I like the idea of ​​​​sleeping and moving to the other side of the world, but without nightmares and comics, it does not look so exciting and intriguing.
Everything else is good. The action is fucking, the plot is interesting, the atmosphere of depression and doom, by the way, is very present, especially in the third quarter of the game (in particular, the moment Max was talking to DeSylvia in his car). In general, it pulls on an action movie in the spirit of John Woo or Brian DePalma. And yet there is some slight disappointment, although I can’t say exactly how it is expressed. Perhaps you need to wait until a little time passes, and according to impressions, an even picture will develop. So far eight.

c
coach_spb_89 13.10.22

Until the moment Max shaved, the game seemed a bit boring. Then came a very impressive performance.

A
Altair-1996 13.10.22

did you like it? liked it! different from the previous ones? is different! no noir? No! particularly whining, what's different? why? games should somehow match the preferences of the majority of players, not just fans of past games. as he said "I don't remember who": "Nothing personal. It's just business!"

A
Altair-1996 13.10.22

that's what looks like Stranglehold - that's for sure!

g
gugu1313 13.10.22

I played on a difficult one and went through 4 evenings, but sometimes there were places where it was very difficult to pass without auto aiming, in general, neither short nor long, something like that.

Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22

The game is finally over, now you can make a more or less adequate opinion about Max Payne 3. The toy turned out to be very high quality, it is clear that Rockstar obviously did not stint on the budget. From a technical point of view, the project was completed by 9.5 points: the quality of the picture, sound, physics - everything is at a very high level, the overall picture is overshadowed by the frame rate drops and some small glitches of the physics engine. In terms of gameplay, everything is just great: shooting, running, jumping is very interesting here, and most importantly, it all looks as realistic as possible, here the number of small details is simply incredibly large and this is perhaps the main highlight of Max Payne 3. At the moment, this game is the most realistic action game in the history of the genre (In my opinion). And the cinematic production of commercials only emphasizes this. However, the game has at least one, but a serious flaw: total standard of what is happening. All missions, locations, scenes are executed flawlessly, but as if according to a template. The developers did not come up with anything fundamentally new, they just took a little bit from each more or less successful game and now, Max Payne 3 turned out. Sometimes it seems to me that the main source of inspiration is the Kane & Lynch series. The game impresses with its small details, but not with interesting and original tasks, it is played chic, but sincerely does not know how to surprise. But despite all that, Max Payne 3 is a great game and the best one this year (for now). 9 out of 10. Sometimes it seems to me that the main source of inspiration is the Kane & Lynch series. The game impresses with its small details, but not with interesting and original tasks, it is played chic, but sincerely does not know how to surprise. But despite all that, Max Payne 3 is a great game and the best one this year (for now). 9 out of 10. Sometimes it seems to me that the main source of inspiration is the Kane & Lynch series. The game impresses with its small details, but not with interesting and original tasks, it is played chic, but sincerely does not know how to surprise. But despite all that, Max Payne 3 is a great game and the best one this year (for now). 9 out of 10.

c
coach_spb_89 13.10.22

Passed the game. I really liked the episode when Max enters the favela area for the first time and the episode with the burning of one guy. In general, the game has a lot of good moments. The ending seemed too trivial.

s
sanek_kalinin 13.10.22

Played on XBOX at a friend's game Masterpiece!!!

T
Tidodo 13.10.22

I went through several missions, trying to find the atmosphere of the game, in general, guys, if you are a fan of shooters, then download to your health, you will like it, but if you are an adult experienced person, then the game is not for you, he already scored on this game . Fat max, rolling on his stomach from one location to another, causes only a feeling of laughter.
alexzet3, those 85 players, apparently, are fans of battles and code, among which 0 are fans of max. The remaining 15 are adequate sane people.

F
FreeMan_L2 13.10.22

I passed the game and as an old-school player I will express my pure opinion, MAX is not the same at all, it doesn’t catch on in any way, some moments are generally very annoying, in the end I waited for it all to end because I foresaw the development of events and the denouement long before the finale, in general, as for me, 7 points, and then with a stretch.
P.S. and from the finale of the last scene, you can start FAR EDGE 3 !!!

Q
QTarantello20 13.10.22

Why are you all up for the game? It should be respected at least for the polished and very realistic mechanics. The plot, of course, is lame on both legs, you can determine who the main villain is after completing the first mission (Seriously! The scriptwriter inserted a not very necessary 30 second scene before the introductory episode, which may indicate the main antagonist, however, a little analysis is still required for this) , the plot twists are visible from a kilometer away, but this didn’t stop me from enjoying the game, and in some places the story still knows how to let intrigue, and once even caught me by surprise. All the whining is only about the lack of a noir atmosphere and the new extraordinary image of Max Payne, but personally I don’t give a damn about such things: at one time I went through only the second part, but I played primarily for the sake of cinematic gameplay, I did not perceive all the seriousness and atmosphere due to my small age (if memory serves, 11 years old). So the new image of the hero suits me perfectly, in any case, here it is well developed, but it is radically different. The game would have had a better script, more originality, and Max Payne 3 can safely get 10 points, but alas, so far only 9. But still, the game is damn stylish, interesting, beautiful and diverse.

A
AlexWake777 13.10.22

Now there will be many books. :)
Perhaps somewhere I will repeat what I already wrote earlier. Well, let it.

In general, I have always treated Rockstar rather coolly, if you dig on the forums, you can see how hotly I spat from the first MP3 trailers, how I yelled that "Max was turned into a gopnik" and so on.
But now I've gone through "Max Payne 3" myself and I admit that Rockstar have jumped above their heads.

I consider "Max Payne 3" an absolutely worthy continuation of my favorite game series. In MP3 there is a chic action, and a good, well-knit, plot, and a very dense, pronounced atmosphere. There are all three of these components for which the Max Payne series is most appreciated.

The atmosphere of MP3 is completely different than it was in MP1 or MP2. At the same time, let's not forget that MP2, in terms of atmosphere, was also very, very different from the first part, and many at that time scolded MP2 for this. Absolutely undeservedly scolded, and time proved it, MP2 eventually became a classic.
So, the atmosphere in MP3, yes, is completely different than in the previous parts, but also extremely powerful. If you paint in a few words about the atmosphere of each part, then:
Max Payne 1 is cold, snow, despair, pain in the soul, revenge in the heart.
Max Payne 2 - autumn, rain, depression, love as the last hope for salvation, the collapse of all hopes in the final.
Max Payne 3 - hopelessness, brokenness, an attempt to escape from oneself, the absence of any hope for anything.
And I ask you not to write to me in response "What you listed is not enough there, because we have the whole game there - it's almost non-stop action." I don’t need to write this, because all three parts are non-stop action. But the one who knows how to separate the atmospheric, plot moments from the beautiful action component, certainly sees these very atmospheric things clearly. All three chapters have them.

Max Payne 3 is great in that it really creates a desire to discuss it, gives a lot of reasons for disputes and interpretations.
The MP3 hooked me personally from the very intro, from Max's phrase: "Suddenly I realized that I was not able to distinguish a good person from a bad one, even if one of them would help the poor, and the second would rape my sister."
These thoughts of Max very clearly emphasize the terrible fatigue of his mind. And the whole game feels like Max is really on the verge of a breakdown, final madness. All these "flashes and blurs" of the image, the result of the constant presence of the hero under the influence of pills and alcohol, only additionally emphasize that the hero, his mind, is on the verge of catharsis, after which there will be no turning back.
And the moment of Max's "transformation", when he - to the wild fury of some of the fans of the previous parts - shaves his head baldly, outwardly completely losing his resemblance to his former self, especially emphasizes that that's it, this person has finally crossed the point of no return.

Yes, even a boy scout like Max Payne can be broken. To do this, "only" you need to kill his family, then kill his last hope for salvation (I'm talking about Mona, if someone did not understand), everyone he loved and knew.
Max Payne, the most tragic character in the history of computer games, went through the most terrible millstones of life that a person can go through. Millstones are too cruel, which cannot be experienced without crushing consequences for one's own personality.
Yes, in the end, Max became a death machine, a devil that takes hundreds of human lives. But at the same time, he became the only one who is generally able to oppose something to the evil he is against. The second half of MP3 is about this. It really starts just as hard as possible, I would even say cruel, action. And we were prepared for this already in the introduction of the game, I did not just cite that quote above.

"Max Payne 3" is the story of a broken man's last attempt to escape from himself, a failed attempt. This is a story about how life, the terrible actions of other people, can change an amazing person beyond recognition, torment, exhaust his mind.
In general, if the first half of "Max Payne 3" reminded me of such a great film "Wrath", then the second half very vividly revived the plot of Clint Eastwood's no less brilliant film "Unforgiven". Yes, the local hero is of course very different from Payne, because. Eastwood's character was a former thug, a criminal, but what they have in common is that both, being creepy killing machines, essentially become the only ones capable of challenging even greater evil.
In general, for me "Max Payne 3" is a kind of cross between "Wrath" and "Unforgiven", seasoned with great action-component and rockstar scrupulous attention to detail.

Yes, for Rockstar MP3 this is the first attempt to talk to the players on serious topics and yes, of course,
But the fact that Rockstar succeeded is, of course, great. Seriously, after Max Payne 3, I really, really respected Rockstar.
When the veil of bias falls from the eyes of some, especially conservative fans of the Max Payne series (bias comes primarily from the fact that the game was not made by Remedy), then they will certainly appreciate Max Payne 3 as it should be and see that it is extremely worthy continuation of the cult series.
But this takes time.

s
soldatsm 13.10.22

The first parts are better.

d
dreamfall fan 13.10.22

I am extremely disappointed with the concept and quality of this video game. Perhaps we can only wish for the best. In my humble opinion, the above game could have been done much better. Ah, if the developers took an example from the imperishable Crysis! Especially I would be delighted with a similar level of graphic performance and ease of management. But, unfortunately, all this is not there, so I do not recommend you, gentlemen, to waste your time on this mediocrity.

c
coach_spb_89 13.10.22

After completing the storyline, you can enjoy the "arcade" mode, in which you can choose the model of Max.

U
Urukuman 13.10.22

The guys who unsubscribe in the style: "Max is not the same, this is not noir!", Should understand that there is NOIR. Wikipedia says: "Noir is a movement in American cinema and literature that captures an atmosphere of pessimism, mistrust, disappointment and cynicism." So NOIR is not necessarily a snowy New York with a gloomy atmosphere.