3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Naraya 13.10.22 07:44 pm

About Nilgaard and its culture and goals (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I read the books a long time ago, I don't remember much. If it was about the device of Nilfgaard and what they want to do with the Northern Kingdoms, then I don’t remember.

The game is also unclear. I can't decide if Geralt should hate them. It seems to be hinted that Nilfgaard is a more cultured country. Maybe then, well, okay, let them plant culture and science? )) Or are they, I don’t know, going to turn everyone into slaves? You can't say that in the game.
9 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Yes, they are like the Romans, Elder blood, elevation above others, and slavery there too. But why should Geralt hate them, does he really care? He is a witcher, he has his own side and his own opinion) And then it's up to you to decide who to love and who to kill)

N
Naraya 13.10.22

So for myself I wonder what this Nilfgaard is like. I don’t see any hints of slavery, everyone lives as before, only the soldiers around demand provisions for themselves. They would have driven the peasants into slaves of the disenfranchised a long time ago if there were such plans.

And where did the Elder Blood come from? It's kind of like from another opera altogether. ))

A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Naraya
The eldest in terms of the highest (blue), I specified, elevation to others, it's like Hitler with his Aryan race xD

N
Naraya 13.10.22

Alexander5050
And this is directly stated that they consider themselves above all? Not only more cultured (because there really are only uncultured boors in the game, so I believe that Nilfgaard is more cultured than them), but also higher by the right of blood and nation?

Radovid also conquered the neighboring country, but he did not stutter about the superior race. Or about culture. But this is because he is not more cultured than them))

A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Naraya
Well, for me, the picture has developed that they consider themselves higher by the right of the nation, they are Nilfgaardians, blah blah blah
I won’t say at the expense of Radovid)) I completely forgot his image

I
Insurgent 13.10.22

In fact, the Nilfgaardians are the descendants of the elves (to know them is the result of mixing elven and human blood). Aristocrats have elven titles and their official language is based on the Elder Speech (the language of the elves). Therefore, their "higher" has a pretty solid foundation.

N
Naraya 13.10.22

Khottabych Why
don't they welcome the elves? It seems that they even betrayed them: they promised their lands for participating in the war, and then they threw them away?

It’s strange somehow, because on the contrary, nonhumans are despised, which means that almost all northerners should despise the Nilfgaardians because they interfered with the elves.

I
Insurgent 13.10.22

Naraya
In the words of Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, also known as "White Flame Dancing on the Mounds of Enemies": "Everything is for the interests of the state."
And on topic, I'm not too familiar with the worlds of The Witcher. Perhaps in books you can find the answer to this question.

s
seffko 13.10.22

Typical Nazi Germany (probably wrong).