3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
Z4b3o8v7p 13.10.22 10:08 pm

Game Information (Risen 3: Titan Lords)

The events of Risen 3 will take place far from the Southern Islands and Farang from the first part. Most likely, this time we will delve into the bowels of the Lost Continent. The main plot will revolve around the confrontation between the Lords of the Titans - Ishmael and Ursegor. Both firearms and bows with crossbows will be preserved.

In order not to test your patience, we offer you an excerpt of the basic information, and we will start with the combat system. The game will have a prologue in which we can test the character in the form in which he may be at the end of the game. That is, we will be able to see his strongest skills, and, accordingly, make decisions for ourselves in which direction to develop our first level, which we will become after the prologue. Monster attacks can now be blocked. Also, at the beginning of the game, a somersault and a short-range teleport are available to us. The appearance of voodoo magic is not ruled out.

Remember how in the first part we could rob unconscious enemies? This is also present here. Also, satellites will remain in the game, which, by the way, are excellent helpers in battle.

In short, the combat system itself is built on four directions of action and basic combos.

A little about the gameplay in general and the plot of the game. The German studio immediately stated that it does not refuse DLC. However, there is no word on how small or global they will be.
Various crafts and, for example, roasting meat will be carried out in a separate window with a user-friendly interface. Food, just like in Risen 2, is summed up in provisions.

The main action of the game takes place in the European Middle Ages, however, as the game progresses, there will also be Mediterranean locations with the tropics. As before, the game world is handcrafted and divided into downloadable zones in the same way as it was in Risen 2. Traveling long distances without downloading is not possible.

There will be three factions in the world, between which the player will have to make a choice, and we already know about some "guardians" that resemble inquisitors or paladins from previous games.

Of the new enemies, it is worth noting the "shadow" or, more simply, the undead that rises from the crypts. At the very beginning of the game, the soul of the main character is devoured by a powerful lord of shadows, and after that we have a soul indicator that can be developed both in the demonic and in the human side. Dark Souls, you ask?

Speaking about the main character, it is worth saying that he is new, but as the game progresses, you will meet many familiar faces.

The last thing we will talk about today is the technical side. The game will be linked to the Steam service and will not have a modding tool. The game is being made for platforms such as PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. There is no word on next-gen consoles. The game engine is the same, but the graphics have been significantly improved, but problems, such as animation bugs, remain.

The release is expected in August this year.
31 Comments
Sort by:
s
spider-mem 13.10.22

Z4b3o8v7p
Thanks for the info. I'm already looking forward to another masterpiece !!! (from my point of view, of course)))

D
DIVERGENT 13.10.22

Moving long distances without loading is not possible. - Learn from Skyrim!!!

D
D1NO 13.10.22

Ferord
Yeah, but in Skyrim, downloads are waiting for us at the entrance to all the dungeons, between the levels of these very dungeons, in cities and even (!) On the threshold of each house - there is something to learn!
It's better to download between separate regions to move from one to another than at every corner. It's more convenient and more logical.

w
wulfdor 13.10.22

the animation was better adjusted, and the graphics in the second part are quite good

D
D1NO 13.10.22

Translation of an article from PC_Games:
http://risen2.ru/uploads/risen3/PC_Games-Risen3_rus.pdf It is
interesting only with a few screenshots and art, which can not be found anywhere else, everything else is quite known.

K
Kyuubi 13.10.22

That there will be a firearm is bad, but otherwise the information pleased me.

D
Dark Kahn 13.10.22

It's good that it's not nextgen. An old computer that pulled the second part, I hope this one will pull.

4e EcTb 4e a EcJLu HAuDY 13.10.22

Please tell me, the hero is new, the plots are interconnected, let's say I can play it if I haven't played parts 1 and 2, I won't miss anything.

R
RoMaRiOs KoYan 13.10.22

4e EcTb 4e a EcJLu HAuDY You'll
miss it, and if you're an RPG fan, then you should definitely go through the rest of the parts.

E
EvilBorsh 13.10.22

Whoa!
I wait!
the first Rizen finally was a super-duper!

m
marvelosi 13.10.22

After the recent RPC 2014 exhibition, the developers answered some questions and established some facts that are already implemented in the game
-> Gameplay:

1. At the very beginning of the game, the soul of the main character is absorbed by the powerful Lord of Shadows. Then a choice is given: either to develop humanity in oneself, or a demonic essence.

2. The ability to swim has been re-introduced into the game, and it is needed to complete some quests.

3. There are more interactive animations in the game.

4. There will be wardrobes in the game.

5. Improved algorithms responsible for finding the route for NPCs.

6. Adequate reaction to theft, and as a penalty after failure, the player will be deprived of a certain amount of experience.

7. Roasting meat will take place in a separate window, and all food will be added to a separate cell R20; food R21;.

8. The lockpicking system is similar to the system from the second part.

9. Most of the characters are immortal, but this time they can be robbed, as it was in the previous parts.

10. The game will feature a large number of quests and the variability of their implementation.

11. There is no auto-leveling in the game, that is, the level of monsters will not increase with the level of the main character.

12. There is a mini-map.

13. There will be QTEs in the game again.

Game world:

1. The scene resembles medieval Europe. There are also elements of the tropics. There will be Lava Zones and Dead Lands.

2. All locations are made by hand, as well as the contents of the chests.

3. According to the authors, this is R12; the largest world created by the studio.

4. The game world is completely open from the very beginning of the game.

5. There is the World of the Dead, where the player will meet the dead characters. Those in turn can give you special quests.

6. There will be a city in the game, but its name is still unknown.

7. The bestiary has been substantially replenished. We have to meet with old acquaintances R11; Scavengers.

8. Some Kobolds, Skeleton Warriors and Goblins were also mentioned.

9. We will meet big monsters.

10. There are noticeably more places for climbing.

Combat system:
1. Risen 3's combat system is closer to Gothic and Gothic 2 than previous Risen titles.

2. There are four basic moves and combos.

3. Monster attacks cannot be blocked.

4. Swords, bows, combat magic and armor have been reintroduced into the game, but firearms and voodoo have not disappeared.

5. Also, the style of combat depends on the weapon and the skills learned.

6. As in Risen 2 Dark Waters, the hero will be able to wear different pieces of different armor.

7. There is a possibility of rolling during the fight. There is the possibility of teleportation over short distances.

Graphics and technical features:

1. The game is being developed on an improved version of the Risen 2 Dark Waters engine, but the graphics have improved markedly.

2. As before, you will have to look at the loading screens from time to time.

3. However, the animation leaves much to be desired, most noticeable in the dialogues.

4. Attention paid to the details of R11; you can see flocks of birds and butterflies flying around.

5. Improved Motion Capture: flags and clothes will sway in the wind (unlike hair).

Plot:

1. The main character of Risen 3 Titan Lords R12; new character.

2. During the game, we will meet characters familiar from the previous parts. Among them will be the main character of Risen 2 Dark Waters, he, in turn, will play an important role in the plot.

3. All the actions of the game will unfold around the confrontation between the two remaining Lords of the Titans: Ishmael and Ursegor.

4. Again, in the game there is an opportunity to join one of the guilds, which, presumably, are three. Only one R11 is known so far; Guardians. Outwardly similar to the paladins or the inquisition.

5. In the World of the Dead, the player will meet the dead Inquisitor Mendoza.

6. A hero close to darkness will fall into the World of the Dead during sleep.

7. A new threat has appeared - Lords of Shadows from the Caves of Skulls. Actually one of them is responsible for the kidnapping of the soul of our hero.

m
marvelosi 13.10.22

The exhibition is over. During its implementation, we managed to get a bunch of new screenshots, as well as feedback from visitors from the German forums, which will be discussed today. Bjorn Pankratz; head of development for Risen 3; has repeatedly stated that the project will provide new sensations, an open world for research, and in general everything that was somehow missed. The fact is that the opinions of visitors partly differ from these words.

Risen 2 - Opinions about Risen 3: Titan Lords from RPC 2014 visitors
So, for example, one of the visitors says that Risen 3 R11; more of a Risen 2 than a return to basics. But it is worth noting that this remark is based on the technical side of the game, and not on history. The same person calls the previously vaunted combat system "the last shit." Excuse us for direct quoting. According to him, this is still the same combat system of the second part, but with some improvements. Again, we quote R11; “The gaming experience has dropped below the floor. When I controlled the hero in battle, I had the feeling that, like a rubber ball, every gust of wind or enemy attack throws me to the floor, and at the same time I roll merrily, but, fortunately, quickly get back on my feet

D
Dark Kahn 13.10.22

I hope they leave the console as before.

V
Vaselinsky 13.10.22

The release date has been moved to December 31 this year.

D
Dark Kahn 13.10.22

Oh those transfers.

D
D1NO 13.10.22

The release date has been moved to December 31 this year.
How can anyone fall for such jokes?

If anyone does not know, the release date of the game is August 15th.

V
Vaselinsky 13.10.22

13Fist13

did not transfer the date stupid facebok lied.

D
Dark Kahn 13.10.22

Well, few transfers of any. It means that everything is going according to plan.

K
Kub1k J 13.10.22

Minimum:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon HD 3850 or GeForce 9600 GT, VRAM 512MB
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i5 at 2.5 GHz or better or AMD Phenom II x4 940 at 3.0 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850, VRAM 512MB
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

The game will release on August 15 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

m
marvelosi 13.10.22

The journalist of the portal Spielehelden.net Tim Hartmann (Tim Hartmann) visited Essen, visiting Piranhas, at an event that fully combined pleasant and useful. Grilling in the garden, watching football matches together and the opportunity to test Risen 3 with commentary from Bjorn Pankratz.
In addition, he was able to interview Jenny Pankratz, co-author of the story.

I will not translate the entire article, since it contains many facts known to us for a long time, including the story, as they say, from the stove - the theft of the soul, the system of the cost of the soul, when the world around you will react to your actions (such as , in the Fable series, or in Second Son).
The course of the story will change depending on whether you behave well or badly, and you will also have certain companions. They will act on their own in battle, and you will not be able to give them orders ...

However, there is something new.

ATTENTION!
Spoiler There will be three Guilds in the game: Mages, Demon Hunters, and... NATIVES!

Each Guild has its own fighting style and different weapons. Mages fight mostly with combat magic, Demon Hunters prefer swords and other weapons.
But both Hunters and
SpoilerNatives
can also use magic using spell scrolls.

The best weapons can be obtained only by joining one of the Guilds.
The open world is divided into many small regions, the transition from one to another is carried out through a short download.
Piranhas promise that Risen 3 will have more interactivity than all their previous games.
By the way, the combat system for mages has been completely redesigned, now you can use a fireball not only for ranged, but also for close combat.
The game made a very favorable impression on Tim.
Source - http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1366183

Spoiler Spielehelden:
Why did you decide to develop the third part of Risen?

Jenny:
We thought there was a lot of potential for a third installment, and the players really loved the series.

Spielehelden:
How long have you been working on Risen 3?

Jenny:
I can't say exactly when we started, in fact, right after Risen 2. Although there was some transitional period. While some people on our team were still polishing Risen 2, others were already brainstorming ideas for the next game.

Spielehelden:
Where did you draw inspiration for the third part (other than Gothic)?

Jenny:
We watched a lot of movies like Lord of the Rings and Warlock. There we could peep some fantasy elements. And, of course, we play different video games all the time. Here it is worth mentioning "Vampire: Bloodlines" and "Monkey Island". And although Monkey Island is an adventure game, we are very inspired by the humor and pirate setting of this game.

Spielehelden:
Why didn't you develop Risen 3 for Next Gen consoles?

Jenny:
We just didn't get that kind of assignment from the Publisher.

Spielehelden:
Are you already thinking about a fourth part?

Jenny:
Yes, of course. There are some ideas for the next series, but we have not yet decided definitively whether we will do the fourth part.

Spielehelden:
Why did you decide to make a new hero in Risen 3?

Jenny:
We wanted to "refresh" the Risen Universe and tell a whole new story. But don't worry, the old hero will also appear in the game.

Spielehelden:
What else have you changed in the game?

Jenny:
We will have new monsters, but we also kept the old ones. In the third part, for the first time, there will be different endings of the game. We have used Motion-Capturing extensively, thanks to which we will have new effects and animations. And there will be original quests that are tied to belonging to a particular Guild.

Spielehelden:
Why did you bring back classic spells? In the second part they were not at all!

Jenny:
This is what a lot of fans wanted. Voodoo will also be preserved, however, in a modified form.

Spielehelden:
Did you use any famous voices in your voice acting?

Jenny:
Yes. The protagonist is voiced by Thomas Friebe, who also voiced Desmond Miles in Assassins Creed.

Spielehelden:
Can you tell how big the game world is?

Jenny:
No, I can't say for sure, but it's bigger than Risen 2.

Spielehelden:
Finally, a personal question. Who is your favorite character in the game? And what is your favorite quest?

Jenny:
A pirate named Slim is my favorite character. But I can’t say anything more so as not to spoil his quest.

Spielehelden:
Thanks for the interview

Jenny:
No thanks.