3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
animator404 13.10.22 10:31 pm

How to fight with multiple opponents? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

As for me, the battle system turned out to be somehow unsuccessful
. It seems that there is a dodge and a long somersault and a block, but in reality it turns out that if during the battle you have 2-3 opponents or more, then that's it -
one came from behind, others on the sides and no block
helps or you need to keep the block all the time or not all the time but take damage, which soon led to death . I had to do somersaults all the time so that all the enemies were in front of me.
I looked at the gameplay - how others play - in the same way - some somersaults and dodges.

Am I the only one who thinks the combat system is over? Well, or share, please, how to play correctly.
18 Comments
Sort by:
R
Riws 13.10.22

As for me, the best combat in the first part was. And then something inappropriate.

b
bosser2407 13.10.22

animator404
I don't even know. In the first witcher and the second almost did not play. The combat system here, of course, is not casual from the AC, but I would not call it finished, for now, I must probably tinker with it some more.

a
animator404 13.10.22

bosser2407
so, I want to sort it out,
but it just doesn’t work out
because the game seems to be not bad, but the battles are killing me in the literal and figurative sense

A
Anton Gripinich 13.10.22

animator404
In the second part there was a skill to parry blows from any side. I think if you upgrade the "Protection" branch in 3 parts, there will be such a skill.

G
GG4 13.10.22

animator404
You're just a whiner, play on easy difficulty.

M
MarkDives 13.10.22

For me, the combat is good, I play at difficulty level 3 out of 4 (I don’t remember what it’s called), so they kill quickly, and if there are more than one opponents, then only pirouettes and rolls help, thanks to them I survive, also bombs, signs and elixirs help a lot . This fight reminded me of the games "Behind Enemy Lines" where, for example, you ride a "tiger" and take out tanks with one shot, but you overlooked an infantryman with a grenade, and everyone arrived, the tank is over. It's the same here, you can defeat a stronger enemy, with good technique, but skipping a couple of hits can cost you a life.

A
Artem Kistev 13.10.22

Rolls always help in combat. When there are a lot of rivals, only they save. You beat, you roll back, you restore life, you beat again) Well, the sign of protection is a thing, after pumping it helps to scatter everyone.

K
Kosh13 13.10.22

The combat from the second part has not changed much. And no one promised that it would be easy. This is not a one-cell Inquisition.
It's hard at first. You will die worse than in Dark Souls. But when you learn, you will get real pleasure from the fights.

x
xboxrutra 13.10.22

For the first 6-8 hours, I also thought it was a complete battle system, but then it gets easier, you have to get used to it, and you also need to react in time, sometimes it’s better to make 2 hits than 3. Sometimes this decides.
Of course, I play on the gamepad and on the hard one.

Y
YasinPen 13.10.22

fighting norms, against a bunch of corpses or robbers with shields + crossbows, yes, there are problems.

X
XBoy360 13.10.22

IMHO, they didn’t do the combat better than the second part, they introduced dodges for some hell, the question is - what for? I personally only use rolls and blocks, and I can stand everyone with a bang, a high level of complexity. But the second one is somehow more tactful and thoughtful or something. And here everyone is kind of twitchy, you’ll understand the AI ​​of the monsters - they either run away or rush at full speed, in such situations you can’t even predict their actions. So x3. But overall combat is okay. And the author, by the way, is a krivoruk, since at the minimum wage he cannot separate five deserters from each other, and extinguish them one by one, if there is a problem with a bunch.

M
Manhunt1908 13.10.22

The first one is the best. There are fighting styles. Switched to group and do not suffer from heaps.

I
Ihalainen 13.10.22

Yes, it really didn’t work out a little in terms of fights with a lot of people, there’s just a non-stop chaotic flurry of blows and it’s hard to defend, to put it mildly, to say the least, but you can adapt. I personally almost always use only quen before attacking, doing 3-4 hits and rebounding away from the crowd, sometimes two. I don’t use somersaults in principle (except with big monsters), they have always been visually powerful, they look completely inorganic. Only rebounds. Parrying is also a useful thing, besides it is quite simple to do, you just need to keep up with all the opponents. I was pleased that it also works with monsters, only instead of a push, Geralt makes a small blow with a sword, and it is a little more difficult to carry out. Well, the block itself is gorgeous in that it reflects all the blows from all sides without unnecessary pumping. I drive all the points so far only into alchemy. Green mutagens give a good increase in health points, and the branch itself, apparently, is designed specifically for increasing survivability, so even with taking damage, you can successfully get rid of groups of enemies, remaining alive, albeit a little fidgety. Although of course it does not always work out perfectly, sometimes a second attempt is required. I'm playing on medium difficulty.

R
Ryogi Shiki 13.10.22

to fight with a group of enemies, you need to use signs, you can use bombs, the

developers said that they made combat more difficult and now you have to use both elixirs, and bombs, and signs

, so it’s easy to fight with them, especially since aard and igni work aoe, that is, in area, which makes it possible to be thrown back from several opponents at once

M
M0f 13.10.22

Release the "Z" key.

S
Slayerz85 13.10.22

combat is designed in such a way that you use the entire gameplay (bombs, potions,! SIGNS, somersaults, dodges, block), you won’t be able to call a mob with one button here, learn to combine these features. The most important key to success in battle is not to stand on place, move all the time.

A
Anomel Suna 13.10.22

animator404
Casual. I don't even want to talk to you

y
yasava 13.10.22

And I like combat. Although there is difficulty, you can’t mow down everyone in one sitting. I use Igni most of the time in combat. Then the protective Quen. For single large creatures, the brain-bearing Axii is good. It is true that they say about the general scheme: Sign - Two-Three hits - Roll - Block - Roll - Sign, etc.