3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 13.10.22 10:54 pm

Error with game scripts - need help! (Painkiller)

Hi all. Folks, here's the thing... well, I used to play Painkiller in regular mode and it still had the Battle out of Hell add-on, and everything was fine, there were no errors, and that was back when I was playing this game on Win XP SP3. Now, as soon as I installed the game on Win 7 x64, strange problems appeared in the game, or rather a problem, since it is one. In general, the problem is that when you play and reach a certain level of the game, the game gives the following error:

Script Error
./Data/Lscripts/Main/Game.lua:732:Update
./Data/LScripts/Main/Game. lua:1689:Game_Tick

This error can be skipped, but if it pops up again, the game generally freezes and refuses to continue working. Sometimes a similar error pops up, only with slightly different content, which indicates the absence of the Game folder, along the path PainkillerDataLScripts... and the error indicates that both this folder and the necessary files are missing. Previously, when I played on Win XP SP3 even before the advent of Win 7, everything was fine and there were no such errors at all, the game worked with a bang, and now they suddenly appeared. In this regard, I ask you for help, maybe there is some kind of patch that fixes this defect ?, otherwise I decided to replay the game again, remember what and how, so to speak, but the game freezes stupidly because of these errors and does not work further.
6 Comments
Sort by:
n
nonakukifu 13.10.22

Death_Cold
Where does the error come out? like what levels? I had something similar in 3 levels, and on XP too .. On the tower where you have to run around to make enemies appear, but they run, but there is no battle music and their killing does not count? Even in some Arab palace, or something similar I had in a city on the water, it was the same at the end of the level and some kind of error flew out, it looks like the same problem if I understood everything correctly, I bypassed this error, I had to restart these buggy levels

n
nonakukifu 13.10.22

as I understand that some enemies do not appear when they should be, and they are not counted by the game and it gives an error, there seems to be no solution, I always restarted the level again and sometimes everything works fine, in my opinion this glitch still depends on where he runs , that is, as I understand that there are some certain places in the location, and if you run through them at the wrong time relative to the game script, then a glitch appears

d
deathcold 13.10.22

DeLaKoren
yes yes, exactly this error. She is related to one of the characters in the game. I get this error when I get to the ancient city, there are still some dogs to attack, and there is still snow, and from that moment on, the error appears more and more often, and if you ignore it several times, the game will freeze, and then you have to re-play the level, but even if you play it again, the error will still appear.

d
deathcold 13.10.22

DeLaKoren
This error depends on the fact that in the folder with the game along the DataLScripts path there should still be one folder called Game, and there should be some other files in it, but since there is no folder, the game starts to give errors.

n
nonakukifu 13.10.22

Death_Cold is
strange, I don't know what kind of folders are there, but I went through it from the second to the third time, do you have a licensed disk? maybe try to download some repack?

d
deathcold 13.10.22

DeLaKoren
well, you can try and download another one, but I have a licensed copy of the game