3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CHAIKOVSKI2006 13.10.22 10:54 pm

HELP! (PLEASE ASK HERE ONLY!) (Sid Meier's Civilization 4)

There is no need to create separate topics if your game does not start or does not go to p133. After all, they littered everything with their petty questions! Ask your questions here! Killerbug where are you looking!?
178 Comments
Sort by:
B
BORMOR 13.10.22

People, who knows. I have a computer like the game should normally pull, but the game twitches, and by default the column is set to full, maybe it's because of the disk, it's all shabby, pirate. I have a Pentium 4 2.40Ghz, 768 mb Ram , GeForce FX 5200 128 Mb, please help.

N
NoPleaseNo 13.10.22

to Mikhailych
Download from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ and don't suffer. :)

to BORMOR install
patch 1.52. After it, the code seems to be optimized ...

A
Allexandor FAE The BEST 13.10.22

And why are points awarded at the end of the game (I'm playing a scenario) at the end of the lower right corner it says 4 *** and in the final table I took the last place 1234 points and even if one of the types of victory is turned off, do these points decrease or not ???!?

M
Mikhailych 13.10.22

most of the points during the game are awarded for the territory, the number of happy residents

. Because of this nosesidi, my game also crashed into a blue screen.

S
Shum39 13.10.22

Tell me if you can play together on the same camp

K
Krakozyabr 13.10.22

You can

Z
ZEALANT 13.10.22

If I install patch 1.5 will it include fixes from patch 1.09 ?

D
Dims 13.10.22

ZEALANT:

like yes, so setting 1.09 is optional for 1.52

J
Jerboa. 13.10.22

Why is the new game better than the previous one? Has the computer gotten smarter?

K
Krakozyabr 13.10.22

nothing, the same current eggs in profile

D
DeeFo 13.10.22

Please tell me how can I play online or by e-mail

P
Puritanin 13.10.22

People.
With whom can I play online and how to play?

P
Puritanin 13.10.22

to Tushkin.

Where to strengthen the company already? Try to win the levels starting with the monarch without SAVE. If you pass, write to Mayer that the intellect of AI sucks, and that if Firaxis does not know how to add more convolutions to the computer, then at least they will add freebies.

v1.52 is a big update for Civ4, significantly optimizes memory usage, which should help improve performance on all machines, but is primarily aimed at improving performance on systems close to the minimum requirements.

Main changes:

- Removed a lot of unused fonts, reduced interface memory consumption
- Units that are invisible on the screen are now hidden
- Reduced the amount of territory data
- Reduced the amount of road data
- Made a selection of low resolution videos for machines that do not support dynamic textures
(can be downloaded separately)

These changes not only reduce the requirements of the game to system memory, but also reduce the intensity of video memory usage. Also reduced memory consumption towards the end of the game, which is very important.

In addition, a new setting called "Memory Saver" has been added to the .ini file to further reduce memory usage at the cost of not being able to alt-tab out of the game. By setting Memory Saver=1 in the configuration file, you can reduce system memory usage by using 70% of video memory. That is, if you have 128MB on the video card, you get, as it were, an additional 90MB of system memory. Memory Saver is disabled by default and is not recommended because alt-tab switching is not supported, and the video adapter does not perform some functions. However, we have noticed that some users are experimenting with this.

The use of unofficial fixes is now deprecated due to the replacement of their functionality in this update. Unofficial patches may cause performance drops, cause graphical issues, or conflict with the game code - resulting in freezes and other annoyances. This also makes it difficult for us to work with technical support for users using unofficial fixes.

Game optimization suggestions:

Increase the AGP Memory Size setting in the BIOS to 128MB or 256MB if necessary.
Install the latest Windows updates (www.windowsupdate.com)
Update graphics and sound drivers
Close other inactive applications
Set graphics to 'low', use low resolution textures (in graphics settings menu)
Disable Antialiasing in video adapter properties
Disable antivirus monitoring

D
DeeFo 13.10.22

to Puritanin
Let's play with you through IP

D
DeeFo 13.10.22

to Puritanin
Let's play with you through IP

u
unreal bot 13.10.22

And how to offer other nations to start a war with someone?

m
mr. G 13.10.22

YTraining is not started. More precisely, it tries to start, but it does not open completely. Shows an error window - and the game crashes. What to do? Thanks in advance :)

C
Cheetah 13.10.22

I decided to play civilization here again, but I can’t install it :( The installation goes only to the point where video.exe starts copying, after that it just freezes, it didn’t happen before, I installed it normally for myself and a friend, not a scratch on the disk, what should I do? ; )

Z
ZEALANT 13.10.22

If Video.exe further unpacks it, then it may be due to the antivirus program. But perhaps you have problems with Windos or the worst thing is that the RAM is broken ....

R
Raichi 13.10.22

Help! I put patch 1.61 on the English version - but it is not installed - writes: "The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization 4 is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed. What's the matter?