3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
V5Vitality 21.10.22 12:07 pm

Which version is best? (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Do not throw tomatoes if you asked a stupid question))
Some people drown for playing the latest version, give them a DLC. From this, the game already weighs 106 GB.
Other people say that updates have been going online for a long time and there is no point for a single.
I tried to find out which version is the most productive and without unnecessary.

It seems like in 2016 the GTA was finished and you can safely play the single without CRITICAL bugs and WITHOUT crashes. The game weighs 63-65 GB, depending on the repack. A stable crack has already been released with patch 4. This is May 8-9, 2015. The game weighs 60.5 GB.

But there, either the game needs a little more resources, or the optimization has not yet been completed, xs.
Later versions are more productive.

There is a stereotype that the latest version of games is always better. But not always...
You can save the same 45 GB! I don't know krch...
Given modern hardware, you can play release versions, as long as there are no critical bugs.

According to my logic, so far from what I know, performance has been improved since version 1.0.678.1. This is 2016, the game weighs 63-65 GB or so (installed!). Most repacks are for version 1.0.1180.1 and the weight is 72 GB.
The weight is gained purely because of the online DLS, the file itself with the update almost does not change the weight.

In general, what's the point of chasing the latest version if I don't need these online DLCs? Which version do you end up choosing?
8 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lelik_mc_kawaii 21.10.22

V5Vitality
I will answer so it
all depends on what goals you are pursuing, if you drive around the world purely for fun, take the very first version, for PC
if you mod it, then take the last one, because with the help of software you can spawn cars from a cartoon in a single
or replace them!

V
V5Vitality 21.10.22

Lelik_mc_kawai
Thank you for your reply!

O
OSKaR2255 21.10.22

V5Vitality
There is also a feeling that the previous versions of GTA 5 were a little better, only I play on PS4. When the game first came out on PS4, the gameplay itself and the loading of the game was faster than with all those DLCs that add weight to the game.

V
V5Vitality 21.10.22

OSKaR2255
That's even how it was reflected on the consoles! Thank you very much for the answer! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking. I understand that this is a subjective matter, but I usually do not chase after all the DLS and "buns", the main thing for me is that the game works and you can play calmly. And given that you can save a lot of space, then I raised the question. In general, now I understand everything, thanks!

t
t830x 21.10.22

V5Vitality
That's the answer to why the game grows by leaps and bounds. At first, I had the game on a 250GB system SSD, bought another one for 1TB and reinstalled the game there.
Previously, updates took about half a giga, now several GB.

V
V5Vitality 21.10.22

t830x
Thank you for your reply!

91mAR1K 16.11.22

The ideal golden mean in the video game segment - if beta, then penultimate, if full - last, if Minecraft, then 1.12.2, if you press the movement button on the table to go faster.
Seriously though, just look at the changelogs. It's so simple...

n
nik32wpo 16.11.22

For me personally, the best GTA Vice City. Everything is perfect here: the plot, the gameplay, the actors and, of course, the music. In differential edition music was cut, damn it. Part 5 didn't work. I don’t know why, I didn’t go and that’s it.