3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
APSG420 21.10.22 12:07 pm

Eye Adaptation - Eye Adaptation

Eye Adaptation
This is not about the Eye Adaptation effect itself, but about too high settings for these post-processing in some games.
For those who are not in the know, I will give examples of the hypertrophied effects of using Eye Adaptation post-processing in games: overexposure when looking from a room to the street through a window, through a doorway; when leaving the tunnels. Well, when you are in a light area, the opposite happens - reshading of a darker one. Even when the player's eyes turn, the illumination of the same objects or areas of the picture changes greatly, especially when he moves.
And here's the main thing. Why do developers do this on purpose? After all, how much work and time was spent by a large team.
Surprisingly, according to reports on the Internet, some people like the effect of "super-tapted eyes". Your opinion?
2 Comments
Sort by:
A
APSG420 21.10.22

M
MunchkiN 616 21.10.22

at the time of the dawn of shaders 3.0, the effect was cool because it was the light of a graphooon, and then I got tired
of it rather a question of the strength of its implementation and, in general, lighting. the problem is that it works for the whole range and it turns out that it simply moves all the backs to lighter and darker. so the tunnel and the car looks overlit on the screen. it would be nice to have this effect on ray tracing that there was also light so that in real units the albedo was calculated further, then everything was collected back into the camera and a gl and dof boken would be superimposed on light sources above the threshold values, taking into account the depth buffer for everything translucent to the glory of the graphon.