3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SLAVN 21.10.22 01:24 pm

Troubleshooting Direct3DDevice::Present failed (DEVICE REMOVE (Call of Duty: Ghosts)

In the game Call of Duty: Ghosts, many people experience a game process freeze and crash with errors:

Direct3DDevice::Present failed (DEVICE REMOVED): DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (-2005270523)

or

"Display driver stopped responding and has been restored"

This is due to lack of voltage graphic processor GPU, tk. factory settings are low and the graphics card can not cope with gaming loads.
This problem is treated using the MSI AfterBurner 2.3.1 Final program.

Instructions:
1. Open MSI AfterBurner.
2. At the bottom of the interface, click the advanced settings button "Settings".
3. In the window that opens, check the boxes:
"Unlock voltage control"
"Unlock voltage monitoring"
4. Click "OK" and restart the program by clicking "YES".
5. In the first "Core Voltage (mV)" window, use the slider to increase the voltage by 12 units. An example with a GeForce GTX 570 video card - from 1013mV to 1025mV. It could be more, but that's enough for me. If you experiment and add, then watch the temperature of the video card.
6. Fix the settings with the "Apply" button.
7. Enjoy the game without freezes and crashes at high settings!

For security, you can of course lock the settings again, i.e. in the additional settings "Settings", uncheck the checkboxes and click "OK", but then over time the settings return to default and crashes start again. I don’t know why this happens, I returned them back a couple of times, and then I got tired and stopped blocking them, I play normally.

I had similar problems in games: Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and especially in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. After this treatment, everything returned to normal, I play without crashes.

You can download MSI AfterBurner 2.3.1 Final (9Mb) from the source link.

Source:
Pirate Chest
8 Comments
Sort by:
t
tesla707 21.10.22

what power supply do you have? Most likely, your video card simply lacks amps (and NVIDIA's 5 series is voracious). Change the PSU and everything will be a bunch.

PS: for AMD video cards msi afterburner is not needed, there is a
screen power management function in the standard softwarepix.playground.ru

S
SLAVN 21.10.22

what power supply do you have?
Change the PSU and everything will be a bunch.
tesla707
Yes, actually I took it with a margin for 750W:
PSU Corsair [CMPSU-750HXEU] 750W. ATX v2.2, EPS12V v2.91. Modular Power Supply

t
tesla707 21.10.22

well, a 750 watt corsair is not yet an indicator that the power supply is working. Lay out a screen with AIDA64 readings along the lines in idle time and under load. Yes, and a tester would not hurt to check.

I once had a fancy 700-watt power supply, ordered me to live a long time in half a year. Threw it in the trash.

S
SLAVN 21.10.22

Lay out a screen with AIDA64 readings along the lines in idle time and under load. Yes, and a tester would not hurt to check.
tesla707
Oh, fuck it, it's been working for 2.5 years and will work for another half a year, and then I'll still buy a new computer, I change it every three years.
Moreover, I found the problem, I raised the voltage at the vidyuhi and again I don’t know the worries.

m
monstr_2014 21.10.22

And if the voltage is initially 1075, is it not dangerous to increase it further? Will it not happen that the video card overheats and, which would not be desirable, burns out?

J
Jon Snow 2 21.10.22

SLAVN
Dude, tell me, is there no other way out?

888005533535 21.10.22

Don't do anything to the computer if you don't understand. You'll just fucking break it!

A
Alena Everly 21.10.22

Hello, this is the problem I played for 8 days in neverwinter and there were no problems until an error popped up (((((((((just sadness ((I've already updated everything I can and it's still the same. what should I do?

Fatal error : Direct 3D driver set error code(DXGI_DEVICE_REMOVED) when checking request sync Technical details : Query sync 15 0x1a84e6c0 get data==0x887a0005 0 nf 299
D3D11 device removed due to DXGI_REMOVED_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006