3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Az_ 21.10.22 01:45 pm

New in good old games

Good afternoon!

My name is Roman, I have been playing real games for many years, I was a professional game developer, I was engaged in trainings, various group events. I have always been interested in computers. Especially its virtual component. From childhood, I played yard games, knives, the nightingale of the robbers, of course, I constantly played on an old computer. My father got somewhere then 286DX/1mb/128video/40mb hdd. How much time was killed behind him, it's scary to remember. Probably, since then I can’t calmly walk past the games.
Several decades have already passed, and the games that were so loved in childhood have remained the same as they were then. When asked why these masterpieces are not being finalized, the answer is always the same, the classics are immortal, there is nothing to finalize. You'll only make it worse.
But no! There is no limit to perfection. And we want to prove it with a real example.
Speech, in fact, in our case, so far, is a hobby. We focused on small game forms. We are interested in logic-strategy games, in which our programming is not only, but also the new game itself. We have a dozen games, three of which we consider world-class games.
One game is aimed at the Asian market, as it revolutionizes the ideas of "GO" and is focused on a tablet implementation.
The second game has no analogues in terms of the principles and simplicity of logical modeling of the logic of a classic battle; this game can take the whole contingent of fans of logic-strategic games by the horns.
The third game is a clever and simple modernization of chess. In our version of chess, we set ourselves the task of creating a game whose rules would be immediately clear to everyone who knows how to play ordinary chess. No new pieces, all the classic rules are followed, up to castling and promotion of a pawn to a queen. The mutual strength of the pieces is also classical, but our game is infinitely reckless, logically contains no less from poker than from chess. On it we will build an exciting casual game. Today, millions play online chess, hundreds of millions know how to play chess, and they will be our customers, it is enough to play our chess once. We will transfer online players to classical chess on our resources, because, firstly, there is a “scourge” in classical chess - chess professionals and chess calculators, who turn online chess into boring bookkeeping; secondly, there is such a modern concept - the death of chess - which means the exhaustion of novelty, when innovations in a qualified game begin with moves 16-20. We'll knock this boring thing out of chess. We have made the implementation of such chess in the variant of the game of two. All new game logic is incorporated into this variant. Since the potential army of chess fans is huge, then maybe this game should not be released right away. We will release a trial version, and use it as an example to illustrate our ideas, then we will easily make an RPG version. All new game logic is incorporated into this variant. Since the potential army of chess fans is huge, then maybe this game should not be released right away. We will release a trial version, and use it as an example to illustrate our ideas, then we will easily make an RPG version. All new game logic is incorporated into this variant. Since the potential army of chess fans is huge, then maybe this game should not be released right away. We will release a trial version, and use it as an example to illustrate our ideas, then we will easily make an RPG version.
As an easy starting example, we offer an all-time game that everyone knows from school - "Battleship".
Remember, in a naval battle, I was hurt by the fact that the largest ships (5 cells) were the easiest prey, and the game was (hide and seek) by the smallest ships. We have corrected this disgrace and named the proposed version of the game - Admiral Sea Battle.

Admiral naval battle.
Unforgettable "school" naval battle. We offer its super-version “Admiral battle”. What is illogical in the old "sea battle"? Vulnerability of five-cell and four-cell ships. Although, in fact, in real life, large ships are the most powerful part of the squadron. In the admiral's version, this is true. A well-known fact works: a big ship has big guns
At the beginning of the game, on the left field, build your squadron according to the usual rules:
• There are 2 five-cell, 3 four-cell, 4 three-cell and 5 two-cell ships in a squadron.
• ships only direct;
• may touch each other at the corners, but not at the sides.
(The intended location can be corrected: to do this, click on the selected cell again - the cell selection will be removed.)

Having built a squadron, click on the “START” button. The ships will go into a fixed form, they will not be able to be corrected.
If you do not want to build your own fleet, immediately press the "START" button, the program will build your fleet as well.
Now you can designate the cells on which you make a shot on the right field.
At the start of the game, you and your opponent have a volley of 9 shots.
As the game progresses, you can see how many shots your volley contains. (Two numbers at the top in the center of the game form. On the left is the power of your volley, on the right is the enemy).
You mark on your turn on the right field those cells where you shoot.
When the number of cells corresponding to the "power" of your squadron is recruited, a volley automatically occurs, both yours and the enemy's.
Hits are marked in red.
The number of shots per volley depends on the number and quality of the surviving ships.
This rule is valid for both squadrons throughout the game.
For example, 3 cells of a five-cell destroyer "weigh" more than three cells of a four-cell destroyer, and significantly more than 3 cells of a three-cell destroyer.

A very interesting game factor in the admiral's battle is "staff work".
The two columns in the middle of the game form contain indicator cells that show the status of your and the enemy's fleets.
The number of indicators corresponds to the number of ships in the armada.
The top two cells in each column show the state of five-cell ships,
then three cells - four- cell ships,
four cells - the state of three -cell ships,
and five cells at the bottom of each column - show the state of two-cell ships.
It is important to understand that the total number of knocked-out cells in ships of the same type is shown.
Consider the example of "four-deck". For example, 3 cells are knocked out from one of your four-cell ships and 1 cell from another, which means that ONE cell lights up red in the category of indicators of four-cell ships
(i.e. the sum of the wrecked cells of your four-deck ships is equal to one ship of this type).
Such an indication allows you to build a chain of conclusions about which enemy ships you have wounded, not to make extra shots in the air and direct volleys to more likely places of destruction of the enemy armada.
You are waiting for a return to the excitement of school naval battles
At a new, admiral level, with a "turned on" head.

https://yadi.sk/d/6Ok0DYqtgWTpz Link to the game on Yandex.disk password TELOS

We make games with accentuated logic for those who don't play games without strategy. For RPGs, we have a universal idea, a universal programming matrix that creates uniquely interesting game mechanics, allows you to use iconic decks of cards, makes it easy to create RPG versions. It will be both logic and action.

In total, there are more than 10 projects with original, interesting game mechanics. Chess, new card games, a new sea battle, an unprecedented modern version of Go, solitaire, and many other games.

Thank you for your attention!

Sea battle screenshots. Let me remind you the weight of the game is 199KB.

19 Comments
Sort by:
S
StarDNikolaevich 21.10.22

I mastered only the first two paragraphs, then I realized that the text was written by a sixteen-year-old schoolboy and then you can not read all these fairy tales ...

g
gtaman 21.10.22

_Az_
I love sea battles, but somehow blindly launch an action of unknown origin. We washed down the screenshots of the game for a start.

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

Greetings!
StarDNikolaevich, thanks, we tried!
V-Nine, In what format is it not scary to run?

C
CaptainYakutia 21.10.22

_Az_
png

g
gtaman 21.10.22

_Az_TXT

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

CaptainYakutia, V-Nine, well, it's only with the help of computers from the future, it's probably possible)))

g
gtaman 21.10.22

_Az_
Okay, let's wait for the future. And you fill in the screenshots for now.

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

V-Nine, Filled in the screenshots. Let me remind you that the weight of the game is 199KB.
New version 2.8.

g
gtaman 21.10.22

_Az_
I liked the graphics.

P
Philly 21.10.22

to be honest, simple work in paint,

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

V-Nine, KreKeR_xD, there is no special "graphics", everything is drawn programmatically, procedurally generated, after all, 200KB.
Please note that this is a prototype, the idea and the new logic are important. Something that captivates for many hours.
Yes, of course, rewrite under unity, for example, and here you are, a new exciting, educational game. Training not only the spinal cord.

P
Philly 21.10.22

_Az_
Yes, of course, rewrite under unity, for example, and here you are, a new exciting, educational game. Training not only the spinal cord.
Well, go ahead, at least Unity 5, it's ahem ... "free"

E
EnglishQuaker 21.10.22

Aren't you going to scroll shooters like Zanac...?

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

KreKeR_xD, Now the question is not about programming, it's simple, but about distribution and monetization.
RussianQuaker, is it necessary?

E
EnglishQuaker 21.10.22

RussianQuaker, is it necessary?

This toy is probably in his 30s. But from the scroll shooters that I have ever played, I have never met a meatier and more conceptual one. In general, as I understand it, the goal of your project is to take as a basis initially with a good concept of the game, and try to implement it with an even better result?

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

RussianQuaker, yes, that's right, thanks for the info, Zanac is a great game. I remember there was a similar toy on the Spectrum, unfortunately I forgot its name.
By the way, quite a few such scroller shooters have already been made, I myself have seen several very noteworthy games.

K
Kosh13 21.10.22

I remember there used to be a collection like 99 Tetris games. Mindless and merciless variations of that game. That's all that is written here, that collection reminds.

E
EnglishQuaker 21.10.22

By the way, quite a few such scroller shooters have already been made, I myself have seen several very noteworthy games.

Can you tell me? Of course, I didn’t play much, but it was either too difficult (once it got hooked - there’s no point further: the monsters are getting more complicated, and upgrades suddenly fly off) or too easy. Zanac is even cooler in this regard: even with weapons number "0" you can completely cut - it's just like everything else is better in this or that situation, and the style of play changes dramatically depending on what kind of weapon is currently available.

_
_Az_ 21.10.22

RussianQuaker, unfortunately, I don’t remember the name right away, but I remember that it was a toy on unity.