3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
overvest01 25.10.22 11:00 am

AVX2 requirement will be removed one of these days (Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Expect a patch in a couple of days.
201 Comments
Sort by:
G
Ghost0498 29.10.22

means 2 patch ((( have to wait?

m
max5455 29.10.22

Ghost0498
It turns out like this

G
Ghost0498 29.10.22

max5455
sad(

K
Kuzko 29.10.22

Wait soon there will be a patch that will transfer from AVX 2 to AVX 1 or remove AVX altogether.

V
VVHBB 29.10.22

Kuzko
where such infa?

P
Palych Rokov 29.10.22

Does anyone really think that the developers will be shoveling the entire game code for the sake of scourges sitting on prots 10 years ago? And this despite the fact that the game is not very sold

T
Tristall_Marauder 29.10.22

Palych Rokov
Well, here I can argue with you, you don’t need to rewrite the entire code, you remove the avx 2 compilation flag and set, for example, the same avx 1 and a mustache. lan is not the point. Look, not only the CIS community is howling, but also the Western and the USA, respectively, there are also scourges sitting there. (Based on your words). Tritely look at the community on the game in the incentive 74k subscribers, and they play the game 3-6k, the rest simply cannot play, it turns out like this. Also, the game of the 16th year, the 4th curling iron does not support avx 2 either. And accordingly, it is better to invest money not in a game or in a piece of iron (Therefore, most people try to assemble a system that is more or less sane in terms of performance, for minimal money), but in something that will bring more benefits.

z
zubastik64 29.10.22

And I remembered the old song: no need to be sad, all life is ahead, all life is ahead. Hope and wait!

p
pckot01 29.10.22

I've been wondering for a long time - first they release the game with the mandatory requirement of AVX, then the requirement is removed and the game works fine with old processors, but for those who have new AVX processors, does it continue to be used or no longer?

T

pckot01
No, whether to use avx or not is laid down in the compiler, that is, the game must already be pre-compiled taking into account and the presence of avx. If on 2 fingers and roughly, then avx allows for 1 cycle, let's say, add 10 pairs of numbers, and without it, this action will be performed for 10 cycles, but in fact the mmx and sse instructions do the same, only the size of numbers in avx is much larger. In 90% of cases, avx instructions are used in intensive floating point calculations and scientific computing tasks. avx 512 is currently used by people who constantly work with large volumes of databases.

z
zubastik64 29.10.22

Tired of all of you with your clever speeches! Enough to measure pussy. Where is the solution to the problem?

p
pckot01 29.10.22

Tristall_Marauder
I wonder why then the developers of Atomic Heart write AVX, AVX2 and SSE4.2 in the requirements, it is clear that if there is AVX2 in the process, then there are previous instructions, but still? And what if now, for example, AVX2 is used in uncharted, then SSE is not used? And in general, as far as I vaguely remember, all these instructions have an x87 extension

P
PLAYGAG 29.10.22

Tristall_Marauder
avx 2 and avx 1 have little difference, if you need it so much (avx), then you can simply switch the game to 1 and it will not be difficult for developers and many players will play. Like in Death Stranding. Many players have played, although requires AVX 1

T

JOJOGAG
Exactly. Yes, even if translated to sse4.2, too, if you translate it, then no one will see the difference in the game, and if the difference is not significant, but here you already need to work, because sse is 128 bit, and avx is 256. Actually, 256 will not fit into 128, if rough.

T

pckot01
Why are they not used, just when writing a project, you use certain instructions in advance at a certain point in time (in the game), and in the compiler you set which instructions to compile the project under. It is not difficult to translate projects from avx 2 to avx 1, the instructions themselves differ little. Therefore, it is quite possible to recompile the project itself as quickly as possible simply by changing the 2nd to the 1st aviks in the compiler.

A
Andrey Basatskij 29.10.22

Good evening everyone! It's time to rename the topic to - "publishers will remove the requirements for avx 2 after the rain on Thursday"!

p
pckot01 29.10.22

And finally, why not do as codemasters used to do in their races - 2 exes, one AVX , the other regular

T

pckot01
Maximum savings for maximum revenue under the guise of "Development rises in price" and blah blah blah.

P
Palych Rokov 29.10.22

pckot01 wrote:
first they release the game with the mandatory AVX requirement, then the requirement is removed and the game works fine with old processors
do you think 40 fps is normal???

T

Palych Rokov
Why immediately 40? I remember there was a cyberpunk test with avx and sse 4.2, the difference was 5-7 frames. Well, as if to judge, if a person is not demanding, then 40-45-50-55 frames will be fine for him, I’ll say more with my friend, he can’t play above 35 fps, his eyes start to hurt and as he himself says to helicopter him starts, especially if he plays some kind of joker ..