3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 25.10.22 12:12 pm

Game Performance (Gotham Knights)

Discussing game performance on different PC or laptop configurations. Here you can share your configuration and game performance on it.
11 Comments
Sort by:
P
Palych Rokov 17.11.22

Budget system, i7-5960x, 64gb ram, rx 6900xt. Without rays in 4k flies 65-80fps, in the shortcut settings it is desirable to prescribe -force-d3d11

l
lapwing mouse 17.11.22

trondale
I watched the guys' tests on YouTube. There is nothing particularly terrible in terms of optimization if you run it on modern systems, and not on buckets. But in the second part of A Plague Tale, optimization limp.

R
Razox 17.11.22

Palych Rokov
budget system with 6900xt.

And about dx11 or 12, then for people with a weak percentage, it may be better to stay on the 12th, since it is less eating percent.

T
TopPCGamer 17.11.22

Razox
I'll tell you a secret, the benefits of dx12, which were so much talked about when it was just presented, turned out to be nothing more than a myth. The game is built on UE4 and this engine itself was sharpened to work with api dx11, then the ability to write game code on it using dx12 was added in haste. In terms of the complexity of game development, this engine is far from the easiest and it is not so easy to optimize the game on it, and the issue of optimization needs to be approached at the very initial stage of development, otherwise it is very difficult later - you have to shovel almost the entire code. The engine has many features (consider the minuses):
Multithread and main thread stall - some developers generally don't bother to parallelize the logic (as a result, everything hangs on 1 thread). Some people manage to put a lot of unnecessary code on the tick rate or use delay when you can get by with events, which can eventually lead to spontaneous stalls or blunts. I am completely silent about FPS, since reusing functions on a tick or complex calculations without a C ++ native will immediately lead to -50% perf and more.
Pooling - no one allocates memory for objects that are born, because of which some NPC, object, actor, piece of logic, or something else that tries to be created at runtime can lead to a freeze or even a stall. A vivid example of the old games, when a bunch of mobs spawn and a freeze occurs. Garbage collector can also be stupid.
Pooling FX is the same thing, only having a bunch of beautiful effects, whether it's Cascade (particles) or Niagara (a mega particle system that always suffers without pooling), I didn't bother to optimize this thing.
Cache miss is a crooked code written by an Indian.
DX12 RHI - extremely crooked and unpredictable in UE4.
Drawcall spam - guys who don't know how to use HLSL, because of which their materials (textures, PBR, pixel / vertex shaders) are extremely fat, increase the time for drawing, especially if a billion master shaders are used, their instances (as well as removing them directly at runtime).
UE4 games with many assets and textures use RAM/VRAM streaming. You need a large bandwidth of the disk subsystem, where you can prefetch everything at once into memory.

P
Palych Rokov 17.11.22

The toy is not bad, the graphics are beautiful, they will bring optimization patches to mind

i
ivan41kds 17.11.22

Palych Rokov
gets used to combat, but it's far from the level of Arkham, that's real. the avengers will certainly be worse, but the game is purely 3.5/10, maybe 4

D
DEDGAMER 17.11.22

It’s quite playable on a pirate, but the FPS on the “street” and in the “indoor” is 1.5-2 times different, but it’s all tolerable, it’s just that the game itself is boring, monotonous, if only one mission goes through the plot, then you can somehow overpower yourself .

t
tours 17.11.22

gtx 1660, i5 10400f 2.90, 16 ram. on average 60 - 50 fps. 50 while driving in the city. if you move on foot then 59.

S
Sad_Jester 17.11.22

ivan41kds
And what is the level of Arkham good at? Rhythm boevka, with beautiful animation? Now, for each enemy on hard, you need to come up with your own battle tactics on the go, so as not to sink in HP in a crowd of enemies. Everything is too easy in Arkham once you get used to the rhythm. And there were no tactics as such. It already smells like a beatmap. At one time, Arkham made a fuss, but it would be a mistake to stop there.

S
Sad_Jester 17.11.22

About the optimization. Average graphics settings are worth it, because the vidyuha does not take out, however, there are frames at 60-70 fps, but there are moments and it drops at 25. At the same time, in different parts of the city, the FPS can differ dramatically. Also, riding on a "moped" eats FPS quite strongly. And if you go to an area with low FPS, then the system decides to crash. Well, or just crash, for no apparent reason. In short, optimization is needed in any case.

S
Serpentrage 17.11.22

ivan41kds Combat
in Arkham is clowning and not combat, it was interesting only in 1 part in the narrow corridors of the hospital, and then there was just a circus when Batman jumps in the city from enemy to enemy at a distance of 5 meters as magnetized, it looked just miserable, press 2 buttons and win - this is the level of what? bottom? =)