3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
packnheat5 25.10.22 02:08 pm

Game difficulty (Dark Souls 2)

you play demon souls there hardcore
36 Comments
Sort by:
J
JohnB0 25.10.22

Part 2 is more friendly to new players, but you still have to die ;)

P
Portmen 25.10.22

I wouldn’t say that it’s more difficult, the boos are only more interesting in the first

K
Kageri Sendou 25.10.22

Who cares, the first part will be more difficult for beginners. And for experienced players it will no longer be difficult, but it will be even more interesting to replay the first or second part.

M
Miller_spb 25.10.22

Apokalipsis113
So it is, at first I spent 500 hours in Dark 2, and then Demon Sol passed like a knife through butter, and for me Dark 2 was 5 times more difficult (at least).

A
AT_Sagor 25.10.22

Another empty topic about what has already happened more than once. It will just be the impressions of the players from the two parts of the game and Demon Souls will also wedge in here (although wait, someone, I see, has already mentioned it). But this is not what I wanted to convey, but the fact that the author was simply too lazy to read topics on the forums and watch videos in the open spaces of the boarding school, which eventually led to the creation of a topic where everything will be described to him again. Well, no, I won’t analyze which game is more difficult, where in the end the opinion will not be complete and will be mainly based on the inconvenience that I experienced when playing games, and not on specific facts, or it will just be a smeared and indefinite statement like a remark: “there are bosses such and such, and there such and such, and in general I was a noob then, so anything can happen.

T
The_Bulldozer 25.10.22

Difficulty is about the same. They are dragged by bosses-bosses, like Vendrick, who during the first passage takes away all HP (and for all the others too), but with the next ones, there will already be both stamina and shields more stable.

In general, the first one was easier with newgames (as in principle, DS), knowing the weaknesses of the bosses, you could go and calmly bring them down.
But in the second, some sick pervert decided to add gestures:

1. The queen in the King of the Drowned was specifically sick of the constant calls of Welstadt and skeletons. By default, she hits painfully, but with a friend it’s generally enchanting. I saved the stamina, which I pumped to the limit - I didn’t tumble so much in the whole game, my shield was half destroyed by the end of the battle, which is the first time for me (although I always actively use it).
2. Animals in Elium Lois, again, I felt like a circus actor, by the end of the fight (I don't know how I did it) I was exhausted, I could not continue to play.
3. Sinner. Or rather, not her, but 2 friends of a drug addict. On NG+6 I died on her over 20 times, 18 of them on her friends' fireballs. And most importantly - there is no way to resist this, the shield does not hold the damage from the greatfireball, at least not so much. 2-3 points and that's it.
4. 2 Assassins in a flexible guard. Saved greatlance with his overturning blows and the bot, diverting the attention of these nonentities.
5. Welstadt gets some killer buffs. On NG + 7 I hit for a very long time, HP is dofiga, his armor buff reduces damage. As a result, for more than half an hour I somehow poked him, and he had few tricks, as a result, this battle was simply tired.

And I understand that now some Harry Potters will come and start telling fairy tales, how they demolished all the bosses, yeah - that's just taking down 6 mowers at a time with dark magic is one thing, and when you have an uchigatana that deals 100hp to Velstadt per hit. . . Yes.

d
drag_in 25.10.22

The_Bulldozer Hats
off. I can’t stand it on bosses for longer than 5 minutes, because I’m mowing and dying. And I manage to pass only when I have already died 20-30 times, there is no more nervousness and excitement, and dodges-blows turn into a kind of chess.
It's tough for me - when you dodge, roll, and he "radish" hits you all the combo! All three hits! This is where you really start to get frustrated.

g
gold man 25.10.22

The_Bulldozer
And as a melee, it's quite possible to dry, you have to take what the boss has a weakness for. If he just hit with an uchigatana +10, then it is not surprising that 100hp each. And if you temper it with lightning, having high faith, buff it with a blade of light, and at the same time have a ring of blades and a flynn, the velstadt will fall much faster. And throw away this shield.
Although I do not argue, all these skills and knowledge are acquired after a lot of playing time. On the first playthrough, everyone died everywhere.
drag_in
Mobility, mobility and again mobility. It is necessary to bring it up to at least 100, ideally up to 105. Many people neglect this stat. Well, what they say, damage / hp does not increase. And in fact the most important parameter.

T
The_Bulldozer 25.10.22

Gold-man

And a melee can be completely dry, you have to take what the boss has a weakness for. If he just hit with an uchigatana +10, then it is not surprising that 100hp each.

The rings are already occupied - 3rd dragon, soldier +2, durability +2, extra spells
+2 for a light buff).

And if you temper it with lightning, having high faith, buff it with a blade of light, while having a ring of blades and a flynn,

Faith and intelligence 20. Everything went into the stats strength / dexterity (katana / greatlance / heavy objects scale) and endurance / carrying capacity / life .

And throw away this shield.

So that stone dudes would shut me up in the castle? No need.

It is necessary to bring it up to at least 100, ideally up to 105.

What's the point? When fighting with a sinner, a fireball flies at me on the left, a sword flies in front, and a greatfireball on the right. If not for them, this would be one of the easiest fights, because her move set is primitive and predictable, it is easy to dodge. In general, this is the most difficult boss without DLC in such a "crooked" way, it was easier for me to endure Alon and Reme than some kind of woman in the middle of the game.

d
drag_in 25.10.22

Gold-man
always arises for me: "Why is he so slow!?" :) Therefore, from the very beginning, he was pumped into mobility. There are 100 on the sorcerer right now, (before that, there were 110 on the melee.) And, I must say, the miracle did not happen, I don’t have time for one fig, even with some mobs.

g
gold man 25.10.22

The_Bulldozer
In any case, mobility is needed. Let the sword and fireballs fly - the Persian is invulnerable in a roll, and the more MPE, the more invulnerable. Moreover, when reaching 100, a flask with estus is used one and a half times faster. And feather/bones too.

d
drag_in 25.10.22

Well, not straight "in a roll" ... and at best 0.5 seconds.. http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Agility

T
The_Bulldozer 25.10.22

Gold-man

Lol, didn't know.

B
BioSamavar 25.10.22

For me personally, after the second one, it was easier to play the first one. The second dark is still sort of like you can complicate it along the way. And so they are both on the same level, the second current is more convenient.

M
Miller_spb 25.10.22

In general, I played DS1 and my opinion has changed) DS1 is more difficult than twice DS2. One of the reasons is the improved and more responsive character control in DS2, making it easier to avoid death in the end.

S
Sinpro 25.10.22

whoever lacks difficulty there, join the covenant, the one in Majula, the Society of Champions
, no white phantoms, the limit of enemies is turned off, we get 33% more sick on the pug, we ourselves become 20% weaker