3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pirat13666 29.10.22 11:40 pm

! AVX2! (Atomic Heart)

Based on the system requirements of Atomic Heart, it's clear that AVX2 will be there. Marketing flourishes with terrible force.
Steam has created a thread where people actively oppose the implementation of these instructions.

It seems that Intel is not weakly unfastening for the promotion of its new processors.
It is necessary to achieve the abolition of AVX in any games.
32 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vasek9997 29.10.22

Why write a compact code in ABX 2.0 - when you can write it 3 km more - so that some owner of the FX 8300 or Sandal 2600k can run the game on his own trough. Go vote for the launch on Windows XP 64.

P
Pirat13666 29.10.22

vasek9997
I7 2600K is not a trough. It plays pretty well in almost all games. Well, some can be rated - Good. For example in Watch Dogs Legion or Cyberpunk. Especially in Dying Light 2, he showed himself chic. At the very maximum with RTX and without DLSS - 40-75FPS. At the same time, 40FPS was in loaded places.
-
Well, of course, the developers are now taking the path of least resistance. There are cool processors of the latest generation, they will pull everything.
If you do not go against the system, then the day is not far off when we "knock on the door" instructions AVX512.

V
Vasek9997 29.10.22

Pirat13666
Phenom also pulled everything - but he was unhooked through SSE 4.1.

Progress does not stand still - that's why people who buy PTX 3060 should not sit on the 2013 prots, according to the developers. ABX 2.0 will be in every second game in 2023 and it can't be stopped already. Write don't write petitions. .ABX 512 will not be in obyazalovka for another 10-15 years - since Intel skipped it from the 13th line.
ABX 2.0 is not in cool processors - but in processors 4-5 (laptop) -6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13 of the Intel generation. AMD excavator (slag is true) and the entire Ryzen series - 1-2-3-4-5-6 (laptop) -7. Seven generations of AMD and 10 generations of Intel. On 2 not 3 but 10. So why is this whining.

L
Loken 29.10.22

Pirat13666 wrote:
Well, of course, the developers are now taking the path of least resistance.
Everyone always takes the path of least resistance. Now stores sell recycled waste instead of food. The service life of modern technology is several years. Those things that used to be a quality standard now exist only in premium products. Same with game development, developers spend less money on optimization and testing. There is no point in complaining that it used to be better. It used to be before. We now live in a world of quick and easy money and disposable products. Welcome to capitalism! (With).
And in the game, it seems, there will be denuvo, which is a big sadness for me, because somehow I'm not going to buy the game in VK play.

P
Pirat13666 29.10.22

Vindicare
As for food, I completely agree + 1000% Not only is it waste, but also with harmful additives E - Ferrocyanide, sulfur dioxide, carmine, shellac, sodium benzoate. ... But there are still normal products, you need to look at the composition and not buy various sausages, boiled sausages, and crackers.
Technically, I also agree. Now it is none, especially for music centers. Just pathetic pieces of plastic with the same terrible sound. I bought the Technics 750 at the age of 90, and still pleases with its excellent sound. At the dacha in the village there are 3 more such centers, but they are used. Mechanical parts crumble from age, and amplifiers are as good as new with proper care. Now a comparable sound costs $10,000+
In short, you can't say better... Denuvo - we'll discuss it in another topic.

M
MunchkiN 616 29.10.22

I suggest that all games run under Windows 7 Vista 64 bits. because Windows 10-11 launch is pure marketing to promote new OSes. peck-pek

before, I said that instructions are needed mainly to speed up some processes, and if it doesn’t find instructions, it considers it slowly, but then I heard the great crying of amdshnikov phenomists and there was some kind of emulator on Intel. so 775 socket intellyps were also not supposed to run any cyberpunk 2077. before that, I only heard a great howl when budget segment video cards refused to run new games.
so if these instructions are needed for games or protection systems, they should be for the glory of the graph.
attacks would imagine that games are still made under dx9s and ogl 2.0 some kind of horror ...
and so I would certainly be sad if I had the coolest processor i7 980x some kind of 12-thread overclocked, 24 GB ddr3 and I couldn’t play games with cinematic FPS because of what garbage. so soon my i7 6900k, which for games with 64GB of RAM, like turn into garbage because some new crap will come out or windows will not be installed on it.

P
Pirat13666 29.10.22

MunchkiN 616
They could do DX11 under XP, but the thirst for profit won. It was hard to move morally. (I remember those torments when I got down from XP to 8.

M
MunchkiN 616 29.10.22

Pirat13666
I wouldn't switch to xp 98, I would sit on windows whist at least. resources ate more ugly interface, some users ... only now, even on Celeron 32 bit with 2 GB, I could not install it.

s
saa0891 29.10.22

Yes, most likely they will make support so that many more people can play (especially since the game is ours and is designed primarily for our audience, respectively, and people have much more buckets), and potentially this is a big profit.

z
zzzvirus 16.11.22

saa0891
I'm sorry....What kind of audience? What a profit !!!))) You dream that optimization will be delivered on the Orthodox Elbrus 😅

V
Vasek9997 16.11.22

I’ll say it the way the wise men of Sandik 2500k used to say - in 2018, how can you sit on the old Phenomenon of 2008 ... buy new system units .. kokokok .... But 35 fps was enough for people to play, which would calmly issued percents without SSE 4.1. And x6 is all 50.

So the owners of any slag of Zeonovsky 10/20 threads on Ivy bridges - and once again suck.

S
SVolf 16.11.22

Pirat13666
Here such conspiracy theories are already seriously pinning. Some people see suitcases everywhere that iron manufacturers bring to software developers.
And for some reason, no one remembers that AVX2 appeared already starting from socket 1150 and the 4th generation of Intel Core. 9 years ago. You probably update the video card in a timely manner, and do not throw it all over Steam so that it runs on some HD5570 1GB, because all the cunning hardware manufacturers pay so that the developers do not do optimization. Now, in most big-budget games, there is a recommendation to use at least a SATA SSD, for example, so let's also write a petition, but there is no SSD in pastgen consoles, which means it is not needed anywhere, and developers are simply too lazy to do optimization for old farting hard drives 5400 rpm.
Sometimes you have to realize that things like computer hardware do not last forever. And this despite the fact that progress has generally slowed down, and some significant milestones are made every 5-7 years

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

barabear
Agree 100%

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Pirat13666 wrote:
At the same time, 40FPS was in loaded places.
Did that look great to you? This is just a manifestation of the fact that the percent stupidly does not take out and it's time to change it. My 5960x calmly in this game gives 90+ fps

c
caligo 16.11.22

vasek9997 Definitely
not worth it, he lies this progress.
Why write a compact code in ABX 2.0
Yes, why, write a compact code, and then cover a non-compact dunya.
But I wonder how it turns out that some kind of fix of 20 bytes for these instructions bypasses this one, as you said, a huge labor-intensive code?

c
caligo 16.11.22

SVolf
Seriously they are already pinning on such conspiracy theories.
Seriously they are pinning, I wonder how it turns out that modders make fixes for these instructions and games work great on old stones?

B
BDmitriy 16.11.22

It was necessary to make support for the 4th hemp and the 98th Windows

c
caligo 16.11.22

BDmitriy
Linux doesn't bother you?

P
Pirat13666 16.11.22

SVolf wrote:
You probably update the video card in a timely manner.
Yes, I would be glad not to update it. But after a year and a half since the purchase of the PC, my Palit GTX590 burned out. The dump of the chip, how much we did not fight with the technician, replacing the thermal paste, soldering, even warmed it up with a hairdryer, to no avail.
Then there was the Asus Strix GTX970 and everything would have been fine, as my PSU exploded in 2020. The roar was hoo, it's good that the computer is steel. Take your video card with you. So I had to change ... This is all a forced replacement.
About conspiracy theories. I will say this almost all of these theories, there is a real practice that is hidden under the guise of anything, if only people do not know the truth. So that.

E
Evil in the flash 16.11.22

Caligo
"...and the games run great on the old rocks" They just run, but not great.